Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

need to bowl much better than against Ireland. If we do that, it's a tough total for NZ to get. But, it's win or bust for us now

Such a huge advantage batting first in this tournament. Pace off constantly and we should be fine.

Australia need to skittle Afghanistan for 118 or less to leapfrog England on net run rate. They're already 38-1 off 5. Looks very much like any sort of win will get England into the semis. India have Zimbabwe on Sunday so it looks likely we'll be playing them in the semis if we beat Sri Lanka.

Edited by Milfner

Come on England !

As I've been an insomniac for years and as I'm in Chile I can't follow our upcoming match v Sri Lanka as it starts at 4am Chilean time, boooo! :s So I'll probably be woken up at about 7 or 8 by some noise or other, maybe a dog, and I'll go on the BBC website and suddenly read 'England in semis' or 'England knocked out'. The suspense as I'm waitng for the page to load! :s 😑😓

Edited by robby b

What the **** is this. Livingstone has to be the most situationally unaware batsman I've ever seen.

Expected better from Brook too, reverse sweeping on his second ball and didn't last much longer. 

Edited by Milfner

We probably will tbf. We seem to oscillate between great and poor and we play better against the bigger sides but need to have the attention fully on. Will say that Stokes at least showed why he deserved to be dropped in to the t20 side. 

28 minutes ago, Milfner said:

He played the Malan role very well. Be interesting to see who replaces him for the semi-final. You would assume he's out considering he didn't bat then.

Looks like Salt is the spare batsman but a very different player to Malan, I suspect he will come in and they will just rejig the order according to the situation.  Stokes showed his value in the big games today without looking in great knick.  There seems to have been an advantage batting first at Sydney so I wasn't surprised it got pretty tight towards the end.  

• Like 1

Â