Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Reminds me of the Sri Lanka game. The ball isn't there to hit and we need to tough this one out. These runs will take some getting and we need two or three solid innings from our remaining batsmen. We're not looking favourites on a wicket that doesn't suit our big hitters. I feel like I'm in the middle myself. Morgan gone now. It's all gone pear shaped!

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

need to play finals at edgbaston then we might have a chance!

Having a pitch like this in a World Cup final anywhere would be ridiculous but in England I’m not sure how they’ve even managed to create a pitch so slow. 

Winning the toss has won this game as you could see the pitch getting visibly worse even during the New Zealand innings. 

England have batted pretty stupidly but when Colin de grandhomme is looking like one of the best bowlers in the world you’ve got to ask questions of the pitch. At least buttler is looking to bat the way all of the English batsmen should have been. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Having a pitch like this in a World Cup final anywhere would be ridiculous but in England I’m not sure how they’ve even managed to create a pitch so slow. 

Winning the toss has won this game as you could see the pitch getting visibly worse even during the New Zealand innings. 

England have batted pretty stupidly but when Colin de grandhomme is looking like one of the best bowlers in the world you’ve got to ask questions of the pitch. At least buttler is looking to bat the way all of the English batsmen should have been. 

We've won less than half the matches we've played at Lord's I believe.  You can see the massive patches of fungus on the square which surely can't help producing a decent pitch.

Anyway it's been a bit of a disastrous advert for cricket on free TV!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

We've won less than half the matches we've played at Lord's I believe.  You can see the massive patches of fungus on the square which surely can't help producing a decent pitch.

Anyway it's been a bit of a disastrous advert for cricket on free TV!

Yeah these are all fair points but given that the ICC seems to have asked for slow pitches throughout the World Cup I’d argue that a better batting pitch could probably have been produced if it was requested. 

The World Cup as a whole had been pretty low scoring given what we’ve seen in England in odi series recently. It kind of negates the home advantage as these pitches don’t really play to our strengths.

Completely agree that this isn’t a great advert for the game for any casual cricket watcher tuning in! 

• Like 1

Â