Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

43 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'll be honest, I'm glad they didn't. The tendency to fold in the face of a big score is not great for Tests. We should still win this, probably within 2 sessions, maybe by lunch if we get an early wicket, but it's nice to see a bit more resistance. Need more Cooks and Elgars

Yes really hasn't been a great series. The matches are too one sided. 

Fantastic end to the match. I was listening on TMS and sad to say I jumped out of my chair and made the review sign as they described it being given not out :blush:

Great prank played on Boycott today too

Edited by chappy
  • Haha 1

Yes good stuff from young Thomason at the end and loved the interview. I know he didn't get many tonight but like the look of Hose. Feel more positive about the  club  with some younger players in the team. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes good stuff from young Thomason at the end and loved the interview. I know he didn't get many tonight but like the look of Hose. Feel more positive about the  club  with some younger players in the team. 

Agreed, the introduction of the Pollock, Thomason, Mellor and now Hose seems to have given the whole team a new lease of life. 

• Like 1

Yes he can adapt his bowling to different situations. He bowls quicker than is the norm for most off spinners. I have always wondered why he did so poorly at international level.  His record in county cricket is miles better than Moeen's but his record in international cricket is vastly inferior. I think Warwickshire have been a great fit for him. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Patel and Thomason both brilliant with the ball again. Have to wonder whether it's time for Bell to step down from the T20 side though.

He captained well, he's one of the higher run scorers this season in the T20, so I'd say no.

The Clarke and Sibley switch  is going ahead straight away it seems, both joining on loan. Always liked Clarke, shame he didn't get it together in his late-20s, probably should've played a lot more international cricket really.

Edited by Milfner

Yes both sign on loan for the rest of the season. Great news for us! Woakes is back as well. Looking more promising! Clarke has done well for us but always thought he was a little short of test match quality  but the  best slip fielder I have ever seen. He was only 26 when we signed him and he had Giles to help him develop so just wasnt good enough for England. 

Edited by PaulC

Christ, didn't realise he'd been here 8 years already! Great slip fielder as you said, seven in one innings against Lancs a few years back IIRC. 

Woakes being back is great, how much will we see of him though? Will England want him back ASAP is the question. Could do with him playing the rest of the Championship season for us really, even if we are essentially down already.

He'll be back for the west indies series as Anderson may be rested for that. Nearer 9 with Clarke. I remember being down at Chelmsford and talking to Nick Knight about him and that was when we were last in div 2. No he has done very well for us! its time to move on though and I'm quite excited about this Sibley signing.  Any Surrey fans on here have an opinion on him? Porterfield next to leave?

Edited by PaulC

32 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He'll be back for the west indies series as Anderson may be rested for that. Nearer 9 with Clarke. I remember being down at Chelmsford and talking to Nick Knight about him and that was when we were last in div 2. No he has done very well for us! its time to move on though and I'm quite excited about this Sibley signing.  Any Surrey fans on here have an opinion on him? Porterfield next to leave?

got a double hundred against Yorkshire in his second or third match but never really pushed on and fulfilled the potential , seemed he wanted written guarantees that Surrey wouldn't give him but Warks having less talent on show :P were prepared to give him

strange really as Sangakkara is retiring this year and you'd think Surrey would have kept Sibley for the top order  , unless they think they can get Sangakkara to commit for one more year , he's been bang on form this season , arguably the best batsman in the county this season (well not really any argument in it tbh)

Â