Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

got his name on the Lord's board today - 5 wickets this innings 9 in the match ( so far ) and 87 in the first innings, not bad at all. Think he edges Root for Man of the Match here. 

If he get's another - for 10 in the match, going so close with the 87 to a century will be a bit annoying! 

Sun comes out wicket gets flatter at TB. Need to get through the first session unscathed. if we do afternoon and evening will be much easier. 300-3 at the close would do me. No getting out to balls you don't need to play. we have 180 overs to face, don't worry about run rates

Edited by PaulC

I think Dawson needs to prove his worth as  a batsman too else I think he will be dropped. The no.1 spinner tag has been disproved by the fact Moeen is bowling more overs. I don't think he would be playing if Woakes was fit

yeah, he'll get this series than that's it. I think Jennings can still be good for us, it's been a tough start for him and a poor test here, but I think he can still do well. Does need a big score in one of the next two tests though. Perhaps I just don't want us to change openers AGAIN, though.

Cook and Root is the key partnership, if that breaks before lunch we are definitely done by tea, sad as that is to admit, you cannot really trust the others to stay in long enough. They may dig in for a fluent 30/40 here but can you see JB, Stokes, or Mo getting a stoic 50 at a SR of <40?

I don't think we can have three left handers as your top three with Morkel and Philander being so good against left handers. its got to change next text. Great ball to remove Root. Game over now.

Jennings or Balance dropped fro the next test and somewhere there must be a right handed batsman. To continue with this would be dumb. we won the first test but that was largely due to two partnerships root, Stokes and Root Moeen. 

Edited by PaulC

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't think we can have three left handers as your top three with Morkel and Philander being so good against left handers. its got to change next text. Great ball to remove Root. Game over now.

Jennings or Balance dropped fro the next test and somewhere there must be a right handed batsman. To continue with this would be dumb. we won the first test but that was largely due to two partnerships root, Stokes and Root Moeen. 

Who would you be looking at to replace Jennings and Ballance, Paul?

Â