Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Was anyone else really confused to see the Bears have signed Ryan Sidebottom, and then seeing that he looks nothing like the Ryan Sidebottom I remember? :blink:

Two Sexual Chocolates! There's only two Sexual Chocolates!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Was anyone else really confused to see the Bears have signed Ryan Sidebottom, and then seeing that he looks nothing like the Ryan Sidebottom I remember? :blink:

Two Sexual Chocolates! There's only two Sexual Chocolates!

When it was originally posted on my forum yes Dave. No youngster but has done well for the 2nds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes difference in the end was the helmet.  That's lazy no need for that to be on the pitch

This wasn't really the difference as the ball would have run away for four anyway. The helmet cost a run.

The two powerplays were the difference. Bears need to find someone who can bowl half decently in the powerplay and I wouldn't mind seeing a big hitter pushed up to open to try and get us off to a flyer with the bat.

Jennings - Get rid. His shot selection is awful. His dismissal today is what a tail ender would get out to. Looks shit scared when he bats. 

Malan - Never good enough for test cricket in the first place

Lack of decent batters in this country. Who next?

Looking around at the championship, there are no more people playing with the style of a Cook it seems, or quite rare. Hameed showed talent last year, but unfortunately is completely out of form with the bat.  The rest - well this round of championship games coming after the T20 matches, look how many wickets have fallen... I think mindsets generally are changing for all of the players.

I'd keep Westley at 3 for the Windies series, but I dunno maybe we should just put Hameed in despite the lack of form at 2.

Well, after a ridiculous day at Lord's yesterday, Warwicks were looking in decent nick at 100-1 just before lunch with a lead of 65. And right on queue, two wickets in an over including Bell for a duck. If we weren't so thin on batters he'd be hanging on by a thread now. 

58 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Well, after a ridiculous day at Lord's yesterday, Warwicks were looking in decent nick at 100-1 just before lunch with a lead of 65. And right on queue, two wickets in an over including Bell for a duck. If we weren't so thin on batters he'd be hanging on by a thread now. 

Well theres a couple of signings that could have played instead of him but you cant drop the captain anyway

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Well theres a couple of signings that could have played instead of him but you cant drop the captain anyway

He's averaging 25 in the CC. 25! That's drop-worthy form imo, and I'm not really sure his captaincy is all that outstanding. Who is he bringing the best out of exactly? 

Sibley opened both innings, Hose hasn't played and Hain isn't playing in the CC. Not really sure there is anyone else we can play.

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

He's averaging 25 in the CC. 25! That's drop-worthy form imo, and I'm not really sure his captaincy is all that outstanding. Who is he bringing the best out of exactly? 

Sibley opened both innings, Hose hasn't played and Hain isn't playing in the CC. Not really sure there is anyone else we can play.

Hose I would have picked. Lamb is currently going well. 

Just saw that England have given 22 players their test debut since the end of the 2013 Ashes.

Out of those, only Stokes and Ali have become regulars, whilst Ballance is a semi-regular.

15 of those have made 8 appearances or less.

No doubt there will be more to come in the Windies series.

Â