Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Jennings is woeful, we've got to bring in Stoneman for the next test.

Been scoring consistently well for Surrey in the first division, and turns up in big games (Just look at the One Day final). Plus consider that the next game is at his home ground The Oval i can't help think its a no brainer....but fear that they will not make any changes once again.

3 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Jennings is woeful, we've got to bring in Stoneman for the next test.

Been scoring consistently well for Surrey in the first division, and turns up in big games (Just look at the One Day final). Plus consider that the next game is at his home ground The Oval i can't help think its a no brainer....but fear that they will not make any changes once again.

I saw a bit of Stoneman, when he was at Durham. He's certainly worth a look.

133 all out. 

I know it's like South Africa in the first test so I guess giving up and not giving a shit isn't exclusive to England, but honestly, why bother paying money to watch these Tests if the losing team is just going to throw the towel in when it get's a bit sticky. 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

moeen is so stupid. get's away with one two balls earlier, still cant be bothered to show discipline and gets out soon afterwards. No **** patience, these lot. 

Yes and he was joking with the press about it before hand. If he could juts play like he did against Sri Lanka and in the first innings of the first test. he wasn't in any triouble. yes he got away with the edge which wasn't but that was it. Oh well expect a bounce back third test

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We'll bounce back next test. Need to sort the top order out. One change needed there, maybe Root should bat at 3 and Ballance 4.  Wood has to be dropped. Maybe Dawson too. 

I would like to think we cannot be quite as bad again. Dawson has to go we do not need two spinners and he is no all rounder. Wood, Jennings and Ballance seem shot as well. The first two have time to come back but we risk losing the series if we ignore form for fear of upsetting under performing players.   

Going to the oval in a couple of weeks with a South African mate 

after the first test i sent him a message on Facebook 

Hope you guys put up more of a fight at the oval otherwise we'll be going home early :)

i think you can all guess the content of the message I received from him today ....

shocking performance agaisnt a very mediocre SA side 

Bayliss is the problem imo. He only has one way of playing. We blew it in the icc trophy when we should have won it. Its all or nothing and theres no middle ground. You have to adapt and this England team wont do it. I am sick of hearing about how great a  player Ben Stokes is. When he is going to knuckle down and get some runs. He has earned his 1/12 mil in the ipl and then comes back and is shit in test cricket. yes he bowled better second innings and batted well first innings first test, but he has been hyped up to being the best in the world. Well prove it, you are not a youngster anymore. 

Come on the ladies. At least these girls are putting in some consistent performances. Just two more games 

Edited by PaulC

But if he doesn't have much say in selection and he doesn't have much say in coaching, it does rather beg the question: what does he do? If he's just creating a relaxed environment, he could be replaced by a couple of scented candles, a yucca plant and a CD of ambient whale noises.

George Dobell :)

On 7/17/2017 at 15:17, snowychap said:

Yep, never underestimate England's potential. :(

Should have had a bet on it. 

Â