Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

20 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Re-watching the highlights of Dawid Malan's knock yesterday. That 6 off his second ball, really set his stall out. Lad looks a talent. Shame he can't spell David correctly mind!

I think that's his dad Dawid's fault. :)

• Like 1

Live cricket is returning to the BBC. 

From 2020, Sky will show:

All home England Tests, ODI's and 20/20's.

The new T20 comp along with the One Day Cup, T20 Blast and CC.

The BBC will show:

10 games from the new T20 comp including the finals along with 8 games from the women's competition per summer.

2 England men's T20's and 1 women's T20 per summer.

They will also take over the highlights package from CH5 for England games.

They've also retained the radio rights.

A huge step in the right direction for English cricket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

They will also take over the highlights package from CH5 for England games.

I hope they keep the sunset+vine team that did the Ch4, then Ch5 highlights package - it's done about as well as highlights packages can be. It would be a shame if the BBC mess with what's been excellent.

That Hales innings was magnificent and I am very pleased for Chris Read in his final year. A very very underrated cricketer who like Foster is extremely unlucky not to have played more international cricket. 

• Like 2

Not sure about this Root line-up. Seems to me he is just picking his mates. No way Balance should be batting at 3. Dawson is a strange pick and if Moeen is playing as  a batsman  and second spinner why is he batting at 7

Same old type of dismissal for Balance. The last two partnerships have killed South Africa. I feel some sympathy for a fast bowler getting a wicket on a no ball but theres  no excuse for a spinner . Need to carry on and get 450 tomorrow. 

Close match at Edgbaston but I fear that result has sealed our fate. May has well just play the kids now. 

Edited by PaulC

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Omg will someone just kill Gary Ballance?!

He's awful.

He has been averaging around 100 in county cricket this season. I was happy never to see him in an England shirt again in the winter but you can't argue with form like he's shown. Should bat 5 though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chappy said:

He has been averaging around 100 in county cricket this season. I was happy never to see him in an England shirt again in the winter but you can't argue with form like he's shown. Should bat 5 though.

Yes but then who bats at 3. Root doesn't want to bat there and if you pick another batsman you weaken the bowling attack and Moeen at 8 is rediculous

There's the issue. I'd be happy with Root at 3 but can't argue with him batting where he wants! Not much difference between 3 and 4 if we keep conceding early wickets though! 

Yes even if you move Root to 3 and Balance to 5 then who bats at 4. Its a bit high for Bairstow. Moeen batted there in India and did well but that was because hes good against spin. So for me either Balance has to bat at 3 or find someone else to play there. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes even if you move Root to 3 and Balance to 5 then who bats at 4. Its a bit high for Bairstow. Moeen batted there in India and did well but that was because hes good against spin. So for me either Balance has to bat at 3 or find someone else to play there. 

I guess that if Hameed had found some form this season  he'd have been there (or opening with Jennings at 3).

• Like 1

Â