Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Yes nobody rated him then but he impressed on the last tour of England and just got better and better. Joe Root vs Steve Smith for leading scorer in the ashes. 

I think if England decide to pick Rashid as the spinner he will be destroyed. Bowls too slow for test cricket. Thoughts his figures flattered him yesteday, Got away with a lot of  full tosses. Of course he's a leg spinner so the media love him. 

Edited by PaulC

Yes they could have easily got 330. I'm all for positive cricket but you have to weigh up the situation as well. Very poor from the lower order. 

Edited by PaulC

Ah, I see it's that time of the year when Warwickshire trounce the Pears. Worcestershire are six down in the second innings and trailing by 36 runs. Will be taking the extra half hour at this rate  ;)

Yes these games have become a mismatch in recent years. Its all too predictable. Ajmal is obviously no longer a threat since his revamped action. I think it could be a poor signing for Worcester. I think if they have ambitions of staying in div 1 they needed to sign a player who is guaranteed to contribute. 

I feel sorry for Worcester, they have a much younger side than Warwickshire but the experienced players are letting them down and Gidman is another poor signing. Second div player!

• Like 2

I'm looking to go to a game in the T20 blast over the next couple of weeks, (my first cricket match) I've no allegiance to any county team so I'm torn between a game at edgbaston and Worcester.

Edgbaston is a lot more convenient living in Dudley but I'm thinking Worcester maybe a nicer day out (I'm going with the missues). Can anyone offer any advice/recommendations?

Thanks.

Edited by av1

Don't know! I prefer Worcester as  an area to Edgbaston. A day out at Worcester is better. see the cathedral, nice walk along the river, picnic and then go watch some cricket. 

Rasid out! 28 off an over. They are having a laugh about this guy playing in the ashes. Such short memories. Moeen Ali 19 wickets against India. He just needs to get over under his belt. 

I'm looking to go to a game in the T20 blast over the next couple of weeks, (my first cricket match) I've no allegiance to any county team so I'm torn between a game at edgbaston and Worcester.

Edgbaston is a lot more convenient living in Dudley but I'm thinking Worcester maybe a nicer day out (I'm going with the missues). Can anyone offer any advice/recommendations?

Thanks.

If you want to see a decent cricketing side play then go to Edgbaston.

If you want a nice day out at a pretty little cricket ground go to Worcester.

I would probably go to Worcester if you're were going with your girlfriend.

• Like 1

*sigh* I remember when Worcestershire used to have a decent team. Hick, Moody, Curtis, Rhodes, Newport, Radford, Dilley,et al

Yes its a building process for Worcester. They have a lot of academy players in their side, so maybe you wont see the fruitions of that for two or three seasons. BTW  your seconds beat Warwickshires 2nds including Chopra and Porterfield yesterday twice at Kidderminster yesterday, The future maybe rosy. Dolivera made a hundred in the first t20 game. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Â