Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Yes we really are a good bowling unit in t20. I'd like to see Evans get some runs but guess after batting 2 days at Edgbaston against Sussex its hard to change your game to the slog format.

Two great back to back wins for Warks, so glad I was there on Friday - I actually felt sorry for Derby' s bowlers. On the Derbyshire theme, I'm sure all us cricket fans wish Bob Taylor well following a heart attack - think he is 72. A great keeper IMO and improved his batting no end; I saw an article about his training regime when he was with England; he was a very fit guy(almost fit enough to be a cyclist !) so you just never know do you. Think he will have to have heart bypass or maybe heart valve but I for one certainly wish him well.

• Like 1

yes the scheduling is bonkers, although how many of the Warwickshire players actually played in the t20s friday and saturday. Westwood, Trott, Hain, Mackay, Wright and Rankin didn't

Great last over win, Clarke played well to see us home.

As for the four day stuff, our batting is poor at the moment. Possibly need a new opening batsman? The strain of playing of playing every single game and being captain across all 3 formats is starting to show on Chopra I feel.

Hmm, I have worries about Chopra too (as a batsman that is, I do like him as a captain). I feel he needs a few games off. Possibly hand the captaincy to Westwood for a few games, though I'm not sure who stands in for Chops. Hain century in second innings was promising and Woakes not being too far away is also a big boost but the Championship is over for us now

It's getting a bit boring beating the Pears all the time, isn't it?  :D

Edited by Milfner

Chopra is most definately. Westwood has done quite well this season. Unfortunately Webb isn't good enough. But Evans has played an important knock there. Lets hope him and Hain can carry on tomorrow. 

I was wrong about Ajmal. He is proving his worth for Worcester in both t20 and the longer format. 

Edited by PaulC

Â