Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Did anyone who went see that juggler performing in front of the members stand in the interval ? Quite entertaining .. but what would Denis Compton have thought !!!!

(and why no Barker?)

We saw the absolute best of Cook today, elegant, powerful, patient, a picture of concentration. I suspect we might see the worst of him tomorrow as he waits until the lead is 500 before declaring just after tea.

• Like 2

Suspect NZ will take that out of our hands, one more wicket and they'll finish us off quickly. But still, if we can fire another 70 odd runs up and take up a good 20 overs of the morning so it's about 370 odd from 70 overs we're in a decent position, though with McCullum who knows now, that could be chaseable!

Suspect NZ will take that out of our hands, one more wicket and they'll finish us off quickly. But still, if we can fire another 70 odd runs up and take up a good 20 overs of the morning so it's about 370 odd from 70 overs we're in a decent position, though with McCullum who knows now, that could be chaseable!

Thats never been done in the history of test cricket. Might be possible in one day cricket with a new pitch and fielding restrictions but with a red ball, 5th day pitch and ball swinging impossible. 

Anyway great start for England. Hope we didn't use up too many overs this morning.  Memories of Sri Lanka last year. 

Edited by PaulC

yeah, I think we're safe from a successful chase now. *Mockers alert*

Just wheter we can bowl them out. I think we would have been insane to have declared earlier or before play personally.

I guess you're right Paul, I'm still thinking about NZ chasing which has gone. They need batsmen who want to score 50 off 25 overs and keep their wickets, not score 70 off 25 balls and get out right now I suppose.

Â