Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I met Bumble once. i asked him to tell Bob Willis to shutup about Tim Ambrose as he doesn't know what he's talking about.  He said "Bob is bonkers, he said about the barmy army, they should all be gassed" lol

yes Willis makes me laugh. He also said about county cricket members, that they all train spotters or social misfits. Many Warwickshire members were upset by this but its quite true really. lol

• Like 1

This is becoming another great match, Early wickets in NZ first innings put England in charge, NZ fought back to put up a very competitive score, England's openers put us in a great position before a collapse puts NZ on top, England's tail wags to make the game all square and even, Early two wickets in the 2nd innings gave England a slight edge only for NZ to fight back again.In a game turning one way then the other, would put the game finely balanced at the moment,

• Like 1

Yes New Zealand look very much in control now. 

New Zealand's day overall, A draw looking very unlikely. Looks like England are going to be up against it with the Bat,

chink of hope as Wood gets Mccullum, wickets have tended to fall in quick succession so far, lets hope one leads to three or four in quick order

can never say never in this match but definitely new zealand looking good - might be the weather saves us here. Our middle order lost it today, and although he's been fine with the bat, I do wonder if they'll consider an actual spinner for the Ashes instead of Mo - not had a good time of it with the ball sadly.

I have been  a Moeen fan since watching him as a 15 year old but a lot of expectation has been put on his shoulders after the 19 wickets against india. Dropping him to no.8 won't have done his confidence any good. I think he has potential as a spinner because he can put plenty of revs on the ball but the lack of consistency is a problem. Having said that Stoke's economy rate was higher than Moeen's. Although he had a fine first test, I don't think he's good enough to be the 4th seamer and his bowling will be killed against the Aussies. For me Woakes is a better bowler than Stokes but Stokes is the better batsman.  There aren't really any other spinners around. Tredwell, but he's ordinary. Rashid but he would leak more runs than Moeen and the same could be said for Scott Borthwick. I thought Kerrigan had potential but he hardly spins it and he was good when bowling in unison 

with Keedy who was an excellent spinner. 

Yes New Zealand big favs now. 

• Like 1

So 455 needed. Plenty of time to get them but we'd have to break the record for the highest runs chase in test cricket and get the 2nd highest 4th innings score of all time. Somehow I don't think its going to happen. 

Much has been said of Moeen's bowling but thats abysmal bowling from our seamers this morning. Broad 3 sixes off his final over against a tail ender. 

Edited by PaulC

Great win for the Bears and a glorious, much needed 90 from Ian Bell. 

Also, sad to see Craig Kieswetter had to retire. Massive cog in the England T20 team of the early 2010s, devastating batter on his day.

• Like 1

Â