Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Lyon can't move, Starc can't run because Lyon can't, what do england do? Pitch it consistently short so both batters have an opportunity to hit a boundary. This England side has zero **** common sense 

I didn't understand why they didn't just bowl Lyon a yorker. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

What's the highest 4th innings chase ever at Lords? Bet we will have to smash the record. 

342 by West Indies in 1984

England's highest is 307 in 1988

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I didn't understand why they didn't just bowl Lyon a yorker. 

Because that's a sensible option and not outlandish funky cricket. It's **** bizarre how their brains work. He can barely move his back leg which is in front of leg stump either. Thankfully we don't have to watch England bowl for a while. We do unfortunately have to watch them bat 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Because that's a sensible option and not outlandish funky cricket. It's **** bizarre how their brains work. He can barely move his back leg which is in front of leg stump either. Thankfully we don't have to watch England bowl for a while. We do unfortunately have to watch them bat 

Must be about 138 overs left ti get them so don't to go more than 3 an over. They can bat properly and get them. No Bazball needed 

Crawley gone to a rank ball down the leg side that he just couldnt leave alone

Fed up of hearing how pure his technique can be, how he can destroy bowlers with his agressiveness

He averages 28 as a test match opener. Thats shit, bin him off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andym said:

Crawley gone to a rank ball down the leg side that he just couldnt leave alone

Fed up of hearing how pure his technique can be, how he can destroy bowlers with his agressiveness

He averages 28 as a test match opener. Thats shit, bin him off.

His first class average is no more either which is woeful 

• Like 1

Pope has looked awful in this series so far. Under obvious regimes he'd be under real pressure for his place

7 hours ago, veloman said:

Indeed ! Now then , if Ali is available for the knock-out stages, would you pick him ? Personally I would not; would much rather have Hain back fit. Just an opinion.

I wouldn’t have him back in the only change I’d make is Hain for Barnard, and with Hassan Ali going to play for Pakistan we have a new overseas in to replace him

• Like 1

Â