Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

On 03/07/2016 at 12:51, limpid said:

That's a lot of phone for the price. And a 6000mAh battery :detect:

Ordered one for delivery tomorrow. Will let you know.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

How was the phone?

I didn't arrive until 7pm.

So far, it's all good. Bigger and heavier than I expected - but that's because of the battery. The screen is fine, it's quick. The Android restore process is getting pretty good.

The only downsides are the hardware buttons (but I'll get used to them), no 5G wi-fi and no NFC (but I need to explore what HotKnot is).

It'll be interesting to see how the battery holds up over the next week or so.

3 hours ago, limpid said:

I didn't arrive until 7pm.

So far, it's all good. Bigger and heavier than I expected - but that's because of the battery. The screen is fine, it's quick. The Android restore process is getting pretty good.

The only downsides are the hardware buttons (but I'll get used to them), no 5G wi-fi and no NFC (but I need to explore what HotKnot is).

It'll be interesting to see how the battery holds up over the next week or so.

What phone is it?

This are the last 3 messages after asking meath Villan to let you know how he gets on

On 7/3/2016 at 12:51, limpid said:

That's a lot of phone for the price. And a 6000mAh battery :detect:

On 7/6/2016 at 20:01, limpid said:

Ordered one for delivery tomorrow. Will let you know.

On 6/27/2016 at 21:04, limpid said:

Let us know how you get on :) 

I know the phone has 6000mAh but dont say anything about the phone

Could be a Gionee Marathon M5, INNOS D6000, a Oukitel K6000 or something else

Interestingly in my quote above there seems to be something above " That's a lot of phone for the price. And a 6000mAh battery :detect: " however in the original post it just looks like you said that alone, which did look a little odd but its an internet forum so....

51 minutes ago, zak said:

Interestingly in my quote above there seems to be something above " That's a lot of phone for the price. And a 6000mAh battery :detect: " however in the original post it just looks like you said that alone, which did look a little odd but its an internet forum so....

Turn off your ad blocker :)

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

Turn off your ad blocker :)

Ah Fair enough. :D

Maybe its justified using an addblocker even though im a donor, so i dont see the ads the Admin try and sneak in under our noses ;)

Anyway on topic:

I was tempted to get a new phone a while ago, thinking i wanted a waterproof phone but decided to wait abit, see what the new nexus would be like etc. My Oneplus 1 was fine although got a bit muddles up with its newest update. i just wanted something new and shiny though.

However I cracked the screen on my 1+1 last week and so the oneplus 3 arrives this evening.

Never used a case but the below looks great imo so bought it to try it out

8 minutes ago, zak said:

Ah Fair enough. :D

Maybe its justified using an addblocker even though im a donor, so i dont see the ads the Admin try and sneak in under our noses ;)

Or find an adblocker which doesn't simply block tframes.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got an LG G3? I've had mine for just over a year and the battery life is awful. The brightness is set to auto, I use it for browsing/twitter for a couple of hours a day and can never make it a full day without it dying. 

2 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Has anyone got an LG G3? I've had mine for just over a year and the battery life is awful. The brightness is set to auto, I use it for browsing/twitter for a couple of hours a day and can never make it a full day without it dying. 

By day do you mean 24 hours or the time between getting up and going to bed?

If you have the screen on for a couple of hours a day then that's going to hit the battery a bit. That early 4k screen is a hige battery drain. It's got QI wireless charging though so you can top it up whenever you're near a computer without messing about with leads.l

Just took the case off my Z3 compact to clean some of the dust out and noticed a crack straight across the back, its never been banged or dropped.

So I spoke to Sony on the live chat and they say it needs to be returned to be reviewed for a repair.

I said it seems to be a common issue with these (glass braking without being dropped) and he said "I can confirm that there is no common issues with the Xperia Z3 Compact"... I said there are thousands of people online who have the exact same issue with the glass cracking like this without being dropped/knocked and he just said it again, "there are no common issues with this model"... :lol: Alright mate, I think we both know you're lying.

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just took the case off my Z3 compact to clean some of the dust out and noticed a crack straight across the back, its never been banged or dropped.

So I spoke to Sony on the live chat and they say it needs to be returned to be reviewed for a repair.

I said it seems to be a common issue with these (glass braking without being dropped) and he said "I can confirm that there is no common issues with the Xperia Z3 Compact"... I said there are thousands of people online who have the exact same issue with the glass cracking like this without being dropped/knocked and he just said it again, "there are no common issues with this model"... :lol: Alright mate, I think we both know you're lying.

My son has a Z3, cracked the backglass multiple times. I ordered replacements from china for about 2 quid each with free shipping. Inly downside is the time it takes for the goods to arrive, usually a month.

Clicky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

My son has a Z3, cracked the backglass multiple times. I ordered replacements from china for about 2 quid each with free shipping. Inly downside is the time it takes for the goods to arrive, usually a month. Clicky

Cheers for that, are they just glued in? It migth be easier to just do it myself rather than send my phone away for a week.

UPDATE: looks to be available for <£3 from the UK via eBay. If its an easy job I'll just do it myself.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Cheers for that, are they just glued in? It migth be easier to just do it myself rather than send my phone away for a week.

UPDATE: looks to be available for <£3 from the UK via eBay. If its an easy job I'll just do it myself.

They usually have adhesive on them but best to double-check. To remove the old glass, blow on it for a while with a hair-dryer and have some tools ready

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

The Sony customer service is pretty poor, hence why I am probably switching to an S7 once my contract expires

Pepsi have entered the Smart Phone market (yeah I know??), and it seems to be very good value.

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_399893.html?fsdfsdfsdfdshgjuyjuy=&utm_source=tt_fr

1468362247040725215.jpg

Display: 5.5 inch 2.5D Arc screen

Fingerprint Scanner
CPU: MTK6592 Octa Core 1.7GHz
System: Android 5.1
RAM + ROM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
Rear Camera: 13.0MP rear camera (with flashlight)
Front Camera: 5.0MP front camera
Sensor:
Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Gravity sensor
Bluetooth: 4.1
Features: GPS
SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby. One is Nano SIM Card, the other is Micro SIM card
Network:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2600MHz

All that and change out of £70 (although delivered from China on the slow boat). My guess is that Coca Cola will launch a rival product, it won't be as good but will sell more.

Â