Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

On 7/20/2017 at 23:07, Lichfield Dean said:

So, my Lenovo P2 then. £200 from Three. Giffgaff SIM in it. Amoled 1080p screen, decent processor, 4gb ram, 32gb storage, SD slot, dual SIM, and.... 5100 mah battery that can last me THREE DAYS!

Flippin' the best phone I ever bought and it was only £200!

So much better than my letdown of a Oneplus one.

The battery life is impressive, but whats your internet usage like? 

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The battery life is impressive, but whats your internet usage like? 

Not a lot, don't tend to watch a lot of video,, and most of the day I am on WiFi anyway.

I'd say as rough rule of thumb you can add another 75% to your existing phone's battery life, which if you currently get down to say 20% by the end of the day means you could probably go through the next day too without charging with this phone. I often find myself going three days without charging.

I am currently on 51% having last charged the night before last.

Oh, it is a quick charger too, so it doesn't take a lot of time to refill.

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What was wrong with your Oneplus One? And when did you buy it? 

Just over two years ago. I got it direct from Oneplus and it came with a supposedly not-released developer build of Cyanogen on it which meant their update servers didn't recognise it for updates. Because their customer service was useless I tried to root and install the latest build myself, but something went wrong and I bricked the phone.

Fortunately, some dodgy Chinese software was available that allowed you to reinstall the factory image through the Qualcomm modem and luckily I managed to sort that out. The phone then lasted about two years before having a major screen redrawing crisis, and then got stuck in a boot loop and wouldn't get of recovery mode.

As a general phone though it was decent enough as a day-to-day driver but having seen my mate's Oneplus 5 (coupled with my experiences) I can't say that it seems worth the extra £300 or so over my P2. Not for my usage purposes anyway.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

Yeah been hearing a lot of good stuff about the p2 for its pricetag. The only downsides for me personally is that its a bit of a whale at nearly 9mm in width and quite heavy to hold too but the explanation is THAT battery :wub:

• 1 month later...

My OnePlus One is definitely on the way out. The battery today has been dreadful and it's noticeably got worse over the last couple of months. No rogue apps or anything it's just slowly started eating battery life at increasing rate. It also gets very hot more often now seemingly.

Now, to investigate what to jump to next...

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

My OnePlus One is definitely on the way out. The battery today has been dreadful and it's noticeably got worse over the last couple of months. No rogue apps or anything it's just slowly started eating battery life at increasing rate. It also gets very hot more often now seemingly.

Now, to investigate what to jump to next...

One Plus 5 is pretty decent. Upgraded to it the other day. Best phone i've had by a long way.

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

One Plus 5 is pretty decent. Upgraded to it the other day. Best phone i've had by a long way.

That was my first thought but the price has got into the 'wince' territory. It's still cheaper than it's competitors but I'll need to justify thatva fair bit more in my head than the equivalent when I bought the OPO...

On 26/09/2017 at 14:44, Chindie said:

That was my first thought but the price has got into the 'wince' territory. It's still cheaper than it's competitors but I'll need to justify thatva fair bit more in my head than the equivalent when I bought the OPO...

:ph34r:

On 9/26/2017 at 17:44, Chindie said:

The 3T is still superb. I have the 3 myself and it's still an absolute beast. And it's getting Android Oreo soon to boot.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are finally unveiled. No headphone jack makes them both DOA for me.

Madness. Probably a OnePlus for me this year if I replace mine. Or back to Sony if Oreo means better Android support.

I'm a couple of days into Note 8 ownership and on the whole so far it's positive.

Obviously, after being with Apple since the first iPhone, there's a lot of uncoupling to be done from that eco-system and that has taken up a lot of my time.  I've had to learn Android (although most of it is simple enough) and get everything set up.  I guess unlike just getting another iPhone, I can't just supplant all my info onto the new model.  Thankfully, Dashlane has taken care of all the password shenanigans.

It's definitely an impressive piece of kit so far though.  When I need to dip back into the iPhone for anything it feels like I'm using a toy rather than a real piece of technology.  So far I've just had a play so will report back in a week or so when I've had chance to take some decent photos, send emails etc.

• Like 1

Carphonewarehouse has or had the original Pixel XL 32gb for £399.00 in the last few days. There is no way I can justify spending £800.00 on any phone so initially that did look appealing except it isnt exactly a looker is it. Plus the best trade-in I could get on my 6P was £130.00. Its only about 4 months old as Google replaced  the original because of the common battery issues.

Moto 5g plus for me recently, 4/64Gb version with memory card space, headphone jack and very close to stock Android 7.1, upgrade to Oreo promised. Would recommend to those who have no interest in spending all the money.

Edited by villakram

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but whats the best way to screen share from my android (Samsung S8+) phone to an LG TV (42LM620T)?

With a Chromecast.

• Like 2

Â