Android: General Chat

The_Lions_Roar

Do any VTers know of a reliable iTunes for android app that I can download my library from my iPad to my Samsung ? My iPod is too ancient for cloud transfers and I don't have a computer. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Do any VTers know of a reliable iTunes for android app that I can download my library from my iPad to my Samsung ? My iPod is too ancient for cloud transfers and I don't have a computer. 

I don't think I understand the question. It's an ipad. It's connected to the internet. Install the app for Google Play Music or Amazon music and upload your music. You'll only ever have to do this once and in future all your music is there in whichever service you chose.

3 hours ago, limpid said:

I don't think I understand the question. It's an ipad. It's connected to the internet. Install the app for Google Play Music or Amazon music and upload your music. You'll only ever have to do this once and in future all your music is there in whichever service you chose.

Ok, what I mean is that I have an iPad to access my iTunes collection but I want to export it to my Samsung (android) phone via an app installed on my phone, using wifi I presume. 

Yes, I have Google play music but would my iPad recognise it and play ball by letting me put my iTunes collection to it ?

I've always assumed that if it ain't  Apple to Apple then they won't work.

Edited by mottaloo

If you are after advice on using itunes on an ipad you are probably in the wrong thread :mrgreen: I'm sure there are hundreds of apps which can do this, but they are iOS apps.

But please don't "export it to your Samsung". Load them to a cloud service so that you don't have to do this again in the future.

After just reading through the last few posts I had a read about play music, god I wish I found this earlier. 

I'm uploading all my music to play as we speak :thumb:

Managed to upload all my music to google play but I'm having trouble downloading bits of it to my device in order to use as a alarm/notification tone. 

I've tried to download a album and it says it has downloaded but I can't see where to. I've checked the settings in Google play music and there seems to be two options, internal and external. I've used both thinking these would be device storage and sd card storage but neither are showing the downloaded album in question. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

In case the device makes a difference my phone is a galaxy s8. 

Bloody samsung S7 😡

It's got the black screen if death. Had it for about 18 months and you can only see top quarter of screen the rest is all black so it's unusable. Went phone to see how much would cost to replace and they wanted £150!! I said stuff that I might as well buy another phone so left. 

Anyone got any android phone recommendations? Want to spend around £200 and buy phone out right unlocked as I am on virgin mobile.

Looking at sony zx1as looks reasonable.

15 hours ago, av1 said:

Managed to upload all my music to google play but I'm having trouble downloading bits of it to my device in order to use as a alarm/notification tone. 

I've tried to download a album and it says it has downloaded but I can't see where to. I've checked the settings in Google play music and there seems to be two options, internal and external. I've used both thinking these would be device storage and sd card storage but neither are showing the downloaded album in question. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

In case the device makes a difference my phone is a galaxy s8. 

I don’t think you can do that on a device. It downloads the music but it doesn’t appear as a file on your phone. 

A bit like if you download something on Netflix. You can watch it offline but you can’t actually see that file anywhere on your device. 

I think it’s only on a PC that you can actually download your music from google as files. Not 100% on that though

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think you can do that on a device. It downloads the music but it doesn’t appear as a file on your phone. 

A bit like if you download something on Netflix. You can watch it offline but you can’t actually see that file anywhere on your device. 

I think it’s only on a PC that you can actually download your music from google as files. Not 100% on that though

Thanks mate. That's easy enough then, I'll just transfer from PC to phone :thumb:

On 20/01/2019 at 20:02, Demitri_C said:

Bloody samsung S7 😡

It's got the black screen if death. Had it for about 18 months and you can only see top quarter of screen the rest is all black so it's unusable. Went phone to see how much would cost to replace and they wanted £150!! I said stuff that I might as well buy another phone so left. 

Anyone got any android phone recommendations? Want to spend around £200 and buy phone out right unlocked as I am on virgin mobile.

Looking at sony zx1as looks reasonable.

Xiaomi Mi A2 gets good reviews in that price range?  Pocofone F1 as well although slightly more (also made by Xiaomi)

I was a Note user for years, models 2-4, and always loved the things - especially because cheaper phones were slow, had crap storage and battery life, and rubbish screens. Don't think I could justify one these days though. £900!

I don't see much reason to go for a flagship now that midrange phones are as powerful as they are.

On 27/01/2019 at 13:47, Davkaus said:

I was a Note user for years, models 2-4, and always loved the things - especially because cheaper phones were slow, had crap storage and battery life, and rubbish screens. Don't think I could justify one these days though. £900!

I don't see much reason to go for a flagship now that midrange phones are as powerful as they are.

Its a hell of a price. Even though I can get £300 off the sim free price (work discount), its still a big hit to take! 

Amazing bit of kit though

🤔

What do people look for in a phone now? As most are fairly similar in terms of what they can do. What are the key factors in your decision? Is it price? Screen size? Screen quality? 

I have posted it here as there is greater choice in the Android market. 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

What do people look for in a phone now? As most are fairly similar in terms of what they can do. What are the key factors in your decision? Is it price? Screen size? Screen quality? 

Price, screen size, RAM, clean Android (no bloatware). That's about it for me.

16 hours ago, Xela said:

I have posted it here as there is greater choice in the Android market. 

You can always start new threads for new things.

On 04/02/2019 at 16:17, limpid said:

Price, screen size, RAM, clean Android (no bloatware). That's about it for me.

What phone you rocking now? Still working your way through the Chinese contenders?

1 hour ago, limpid said:

My last two phones have been Oneplus.

I've looked at possibly getting the OnePlus 6T. What do you like about it? Currently, my options for my next phone are:

1) P30 Pro

2) Pixel 4

3) Galaxy S10 or Note 10

4) OnePlus 7

31 minutes ago, Dick said:

I've looked at possibly getting the OnePlus 6T. What do you like about it? Currently, my options for my next phone are:

1) P30 Pro

2) Pixel 4

3) Galaxy S10 or Note 10

4) OnePlus 7

I don't have the 6T. I can't comment on any of those as they aren't announced yet 🙂

Â