Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Here's a question for you smart folks: 

How (if at all) can you sort SMS conversations?  

It doesn't bother me personally, but the missus just got her first Android phone, and she hates it that the conversations aren't sorted alphabetically by person. 

I can't see any way to do it. 

I'd head to google Mike.

The good thing about Android is you can download any number of apps to handle your text messages. You're not bound by the default app that Google (or other phone manufacturer) wants you to use.

So i'd google what you want until you find an appropriate app, and you should be in business

Like Stevo says, which apps have you tried?

I can't imagine a worse way to use texts, but I'm sure someone will have written one that can do this.

(I can't imagine anyone using anything other than Hangouts though so I'm probably in the minority.)

S5 review.  Predictable as you could ever hope for, it has a great screen, a good camera, an iffy plastic back and Touchwiz is the devil. 

Anyone with Nexus 5 had the camera update yet, its popped up on mine and put a big black bar at the bottom of the screen which acts as your shutter button but takes up an inordinate amount of screen space.

Anyone with Nexus 5 had the camera update yet, its popped up on mine and put a big black bar at the bottom of the screen which acts as your shutter button but takes up an inordinate amount of screen space.

I don't have it yet.

If you don't like it, install a different camera app.

I don't have it yet.

If you don't like it, install a different camera app.

Yep, you can even go and find the APK for the previous camera app I'd assume

That's so the image in the viewfinder is the same as the image the camera actually takes.  I can't believe it took Google four years to put this into their camera app. 

That's so the image in the viewfinder is the same as the image the camera actually takes.  I can't believe it took Google four years to put this into their camera app. 

The bar though is about 27mm deep on my N5 and it does make the image almost square which doesnt seem right

Â