The 'Who Supports Who' topic

seattle-seahawks-12th-man-flag-flying-62

I have been brought here by Stefan. Not a glory supporter; I was forced to support them in 2011 when I was in Seattle and didn't have a football team. As for college sports:

Texas_Longhorns3.jpg

Went to university at UT so again this was forced upon me but was, to be fair, where my love for American sports began.

• 2 months later...

Who should I support when I move to Vancouver?  Or doesn't it matter?  Do they even give a toss about American Football up there?

BC Lions in the Canadian Football League. Its like NFL only different. 

And you can shout COME ON YOU LIONS so it's a win win 

• Like 2

I guess the Seahawks, considering the geography..

But I'd advise not choosing anyone now, and watching for a bit and deciding who you want to support based on who you like.

This. Once you pick a team that's it, so choose wisely and don't pick based on who was good last season. Seahawks make sense due to the location, but they've just won a Superbowl and have enjoyed recent success, so you might be looked down on a little bit for it (if you care about that sort of thing). The Chiefs were the worst team in the league the season before last, and they made the playoffs this season just gone. It can be unpredictable. (except of course the perennial shitters Cleveland and Jacksonville)

I chose the Giants because they were one of the first teams I watched a full game on and I loved their pass rush. Plus NY is somewhere I've always wanted to visit so there was that too. Made sense on a few levels.

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 1

I've always sort of rooted for the Broncos and they are the team that when i watch i feel i want to win much like Real Madrid but not quite the same level of feeling as Villa.

Has to be said though in my 3-4 years of watching the game here and there i still have no bloody clue whats going on half the time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well we, The Panthers, are coming off a 12-4 season and an NFC South division championship. We're hosting two primetime games for the first time since 1997 and are slated to appear in each of the NFL's three primetime slots.

Carolina's regular season schedule, which includes a stretch of five consecutive games against 2013 playoff participants beginning in Week 6, kicks off Sept. 7 at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, so that should be a tough challenge.

Ron Rivera, our Head Coach had this to say -

"Once again we knew it was going to be a challenging schedule regardless of the order of the games, It is important that we be ready because we are playing two teams with new head coaches to start the season, and preparing for the uncertainties of a new staff can be difficult."

After opening at Tampa and first-year head coach Lovie Smith, us Panthers open our home slate Sept. 14 against the Detroit Lions and first-year head coach Jim Caldwell.

The we host our first primetime tilt of the season, welcoming the Pittsburgh Steelers to Bank of America Stadium for Sunday Night Football on NBC.

After traveling to Baltimore and hosting Chicago, we face five consecutive 2013 playoff teams beginning with a trip to the Cincinnati Bengals (My second team so I'm cool about that one).

Next up a visit to the Green Bay Packers before the big one, hosting the reigning Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

After that, the stretch ends with back-to-back primetime games. hosting the New Orleans Saints in Week 9 on Thursday Night Football before travelling to Philadelphia in Week 10 for Monday Night Football.

Following the bye week in Week 12 – the latest bye week in team history - the final four weeks of the regular season feature three games against NFC South rivals.

So we have an interesting season ahead.

I copy and pasted all this and posted it after tweaking (Not twerking) a little bit.

Edited by 8pints

Who should I support when I move to Vancouver?  Or doesn't it matter?  Do they even give a toss about American Football up there?

Saints are nailed on for Superbowl 2015 so get on them now before you get accused of being the NFL equivalent of a Man City supporter   :D

• 3 weeks later...
Â