The 'Who Supports Who' topic

Reckon I should go for the Seahawks then. They won tonight, so I get to be a glory fan, they're kinda local, and I remember watching an NFL game when I was little and making one of the crappy card signs the fans hold up there - and it was the Seahawks. Seems it was written in the stars...

Boo hiss .... A million unlikes

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Finding it impossible to "pick a team" in any of the sports over here TBH. I'm just outside Toronto, so it should probably be the Leafs, Raptors and Jays, but aside from the Jays who I go to quite regularly, I can't find any affinity for the other teams. I watch hockey pretty regularly on TV, and I follow the Raptors' scores, but I generally don't care about either the Leafs or Raptors. It's weird moving country and trying to buy into their sports teams.

Same goes for TFC - can't generate more than a passing interest in checking their results when I think about it

Finding it impossible to "pick a team" in any of the sports over here TBH. I'm just outside Toronto, so it should probably be the Leafs, Raptors and Jays, but aside from the Jays who I go to quite regularly, I can't find any affinity for the other teams. I watch hockey pretty regularly on TV, and I follow the Raptors' scores, but I generally don't care about either the Leafs or Raptors. It's weird moving country and trying to buy into their sports teams.

Same goes for TFC - can't generate more than a passing interest in checking their results when I think about it

The only team in Toronto with any real tradition is the Maple Leafs. An "Original 6" club, they have a really rabid fan base, like all the old clubs. If you enjoy hockey, jump on the Leafs bandwagon. Good way to meet girls up there too, eh!

Edited by maqroll

The only team in Toronto with any real tradition is the Maple Leafs. An "Original 6" club, they have a really rabid fan base, like all the old clubs. If you enjoy hockey, jump on the Leafs bandwagon. Good way to meet girls up there too, eh!

Don't think the wife would be too happy about that!

I've been to see the leafs once, and watch them on TV, but I can't find any kind of attachment to them to be honest. Much prefer watching the Bruins, better atmosphere when they're at home. Similarly for the MLS if there was a full round of games I'd probably watch the Sounders, again because of the atmosphere. I think I might just be too old for this new team malarkey. Though I plan on getting a TFC season ticket at some stage, that'll probably warm me up a bit to them

The Bills will be in Toronto soon anyway

Been to a couple of Bills games here already actually. The Rogers Centre is no place for gridiron at all IMO. Great for baseball and concerts, but nothing else really

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a huge diehard Kansas City Chiefs fan. Have not missed a single game since I was conceived 21 years ago lol. I travel 10 hours up to KC to go to one or two games every year. There is nothing, absolutely nothing like the atmosphere at Arrowhead Stadium.

I also like the Royals (MLB American League), the Cardinals (MLB National League), and the Dallas Stars (NHL)

• Like 3

Oh, it cannot be measured how much I loathe the Denver Donkeys ( _enver _onkeys since they have no D ) or the Oakland Raiders.

The Chargers are meh. It's obviously an important game since it's the division, but I don't really harness the same hatred for them as I do the Raiders and the Broncos.

My friends always point out Raiders or Broncos hats/shirts when we're out in public, because they know it'll get a reaction out of me.  :blush:

• Like 1

Oh, it cannot be measured how much I loathe the Denver Donkeys ( _enver _onkeys since they have no D ) or the Oakland Raiders.

Well, for this season I think you'll have to spell us Denver B_nc_s since our o-line is pretty much kaputt. Houston and Hali will be licking their chops

Well, for this season I think you'll have to spell us Denver B_nc_s since our o-line is pretty much kaputt. Houston and Hali will be licking their chops

I love me some Houston and Hali. Problem is Manning gets rid of the ball too quickly for the offensive line to even really matter.

• 4 months later...

So my better half started playing softball a few years back. I'm now an Englishman that owns my own glove and everything. Anyway as a result we both have a bit of a passing interest in baseball. She got to go to AT&T park a few years ago when she was in SF visiting family working out there and her team over here play in orange so she's a bit of a Giants fan.

With me I have no particular connection with anywhere in the states or any reason to really pick anyone really but my obsession with The Blues Brothers, it seems, is more important than my love for Major League. And as visiting Wrigley Field has been on my bucket list since I first realised Elwood put it on his drivers license as his own address, I thought the Cubs would do for me. Major league still taught me to have a soft spot for the Indians whilst at the same time wanting the Yankees to lose which I can't seem to shake.

Basketball wise I suppose it's symptomatic of our ages and the minimal exposure over here in the days before the internet so I grew up watching Jordan at the Bulls, Whereas she grew up watching Shaq at Orlando - and that's why her cat was called Magic.

Ive really tried down the years with, ahem, "football". But I just cant get into it. The half time show with the who a few years back was great and well worth staying up till 4 in the morning to catch but that's about it.

Hockey? Cardiff Devils mate, all the way.

Anyway, go back to your NFL obsession the lot of you, I was just answering the OP :)

• 3 weeks later...
Â