The 'Who Supports Who' topic

• 2 months later...

I quite like NFL but currently don't have a team to root for. I think I would be more invested if I had a team. I have 'followed' the fortunes of a few teams over the years (I wouldn't say support) and I've gone back over the ones I have and decided I would choose one from that list. There are 7 overall and after pondering I have dismissed 5. They are:

Giants - I liked them because I like New York and I prefer them to the Jets. I have decided supporting the Giants is to obvious so they are dismissed.

Buccaneers - Purely on the basis that Tampa was the first US city I went to that had an NFL team. Never really warmed to them though. I also preferred their Orange kit. 

Redskins - They were my 2nd team back in the late 80's but no feelings towards them now.

Browns - I only followed them due to the Lerner link. Now, that's put me off them. 

Oilers - Consigned to history and don't consider the Texans or Titans as a viable alternative.

So, 5 down which leaves me to the final two.

Bills - Had a soft spot for them after they lost 4 Superbowls in a row. 

Dolphins - My first team that I picked from the late 80's NFL show on Channel 4.  I have a Dan Marino Dolphins shirt which I got in Florida in 1991 and as a kid, I liked the colours! Plus Dolphins a re cool animals right?!

Could I have picked a worse performing collection of teams? I think I'm leaning towards the Dolphins at the minute. 

• Like 1

You really couldn't have picked worse teams, wow. Funny how you picked 2 from the same division too meaning that whichever you pick, you'll have to hate the other one :D

Dolphins could be good next year but they're in a tough division with the Pats and the up and coming Jets.

Bills have Rex and Rob now and they'll almost definitely be on Hard Knocks next season.

15 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Personally I'd recommend just watching and then deciding when you get a feel for a player/team

Yep.

Don't make any decisions immediately because you'll find yourself half-heartedly rooting for a team.

You'll know you've found the right team when it affects you the same way it affects you when it comes to the Villa.

22 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

You'll know you've found the right team when it affects you the same way it affects you when it comes to the Villa.

Don't say that, I want to enjoy the NFL! :D

I think I am leaning to the Dolphins at this point, purely on the basis they were my first team I liked and I still have a soft spot for them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Don't say that, I want to enjoy the NFL! :D

I think I am leaning to the Dolphins at this point, purely on the basis they were my first team I liked and I still have a soft spot for them.

Stick with the Dolphins if you have a slither of affinity for them . The worst thing you can do is jump on the bandwagon of a team currently riding high . Nobody will respect you .:D

On 27/01/2016 at 16:26, Brumerican said:

Stick with the Dolphins if you have a slither of affinity for them . The worst thing you can do is jump on the bandwagon of a team currently riding high . Nobody will respect you .:D

I couldn't support a team that won games, that just wouldn't feel right!  

think ive stated before, but when i was at primary school and the first couple of years at high school i loved NFL. the rams were my team but they were shit, my grandad was the 49ers with jerry rice being his favourite player. used to have too put the teletext on every monday morning to get all of the results.

15 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

think ive stated before, but when i was at primary school and the first couple of years at high school i loved NFL. the rams were my team but they were shit, my grandad was the 49ers with jerry rice being his favourite player. used to have too put the teletext on every monday morning to get all of the results.

Montana to Rice - I remember those days! The 49ers were a very good team back in the day

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I would ditch the Rams Rugeley  .Kroenke's actions are unforgivable. 

That's a thing I don't like about US Sport.. teams can just move! 

10 hours ago, Xela said:

That's a thing I don't like about US Sport.. teams can just move! 

I wish someone would move small heath, and their scabby fans.

To Syria.

• Like 1

Â