• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will really struggle to believe that if he goes to Man City.

Why?

They're a club quite clearly on the up, they'll get Champions League before we do no doubt. They'll attract better players then we will no doubt. It is a step up for him. In the next 5years Milner could potentially be the core of a team that is pushing to win all trophy's. The flip side is, it could go the total opposite and he'd get no game time. It's a risk for Milner to move to Man City, but if he did move there for football reasons, i'd understand.

Think its just jealousy mate. Of course people will say that they are happy that Randy lerners not as rich as we thought when we were first taken over by a billionaire. And that there happy that we are not buying success etc, and they dont want to sign the best players in the world.

Agreed - the way Aston Villa are going about things is great. But, anyone who says that they wouldnt want villa to have a bottomless pit of money to spend like Citeh do, is a liar

I think we have to get real footballers are not fans like us its a job to them . Milner a very decent player and I don't want him to go unless we get good money and use it to strengthen other areas which basically the team improves with the sale.

Man City are on a different page to the rest of world football and thus when it gets to the late 20's or maybe 30 mill even then it may be the only opportunity we will get to realise that type of money and improve our team.

If City though go elsewhere and lose interest in Milner which could happen then he more than likely will sign a new contract at Villa .

We do not want to sell him . we won't sell him cheaply but let's not get misty eyed over this the bloke's head has been turned he isn't this whiter than white footballer . He is just like anyone else and this bloke has played 6 months in centre midfield he is hardly the new Gerrard is he !

Personally would prefer we get say 28mill than him stay because I just don't think he is as good as being made out he is 24.5 played a lot of football as was pointed out to me in them legs .

[

Agreed - the way Aston Villa are going about things is great. But, anyone who says that they wouldnt want villa to have a bottomless pit of money to spend like Citeh do, is a liar

I'd fecking love that!

His head has been turned it's money simple as :!:

:( So we reportedly will offer him a contract of 70k a week or therabouts. What will Citeh offer?

100k MAYBE . If you knew the full details of the GB deal you wouldn't get your breath

i too have heard barrys on more than 100k a week thats is just ridiclous, he isnt worth that.

the games gone mad

Its not just the wages ! Honestly its unbelievable the package

Spill the beans... :!:

MM, if Milner is on his way, do you think MON would want straight cash, or would he be more interested in some of Man City's players - Hart, Richards, Ireland, etc.? Do you think City would do a player(s) + cash deal?

Cash only ! I am not saying by the way he is definately on his way as I think Man City may just move onto somebody else

Thanks. I also expect that City would move onto some more fancy name for that kind of money, but IF Milner eventually goes I'd struggle to think why MON wouldn't be interested in some of these City players. IMO a deal of Milner for Hart, Richards ( or Onuoha ) and Ireland would improve us vastly, but I guess City might not be too happy with it and I know these types of deals are extremely rare in football.

People also forget its not just wages, because he hasnt handed in a transfer request he gets a signing on fee which is usually 10% of the transfer fee.

I dont know why people take it so personally, he's not a Villa fan he's an employee who can get paid a load more cash elsewhere.

£28m for a decent but not world class player would be brilliant, good luck to the lad if he goes.

We (Villa) are MUCH MUCH better off with £25-30m in the transfer war chest than keeping James Milner.

FACT!!!

He really isnt that good, every player has a price and im afraid anything over £25m for Mr. Milner and you have to tear their arm off. 1 good season doesnt make you a world class player, consistantly doing it like Lampard or Gerrard does. Milner doesnt have it in his locker to be any where near the level those 2 have reached so cashing in for a stupid amount of money is a great bit of business.

wont this make him the 2nd most expensive transfer for an English player ever after Ferdinand. He is good but not worth this much especially when a genuine world class player went for only 34 million to Barcelona 2 weeks ago.