The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

25 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Looking forward to watching AEW tonight. Even more excited to find out that AKI (makers of No Mercy, WM 2000 etc) are making an AEW game 😍

Really?! That's awesome news. No mercy has still never been bettered imo. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Really?! That's awesome news. No mercy has still never been bettered imo. 

It's come from Cody, who has said they are working on the wrestling game everybody wants, as well as the fact that Kenny Omega has been in contact with the publishers, as well as saying it's "when not if" so not officially confirmed, but it's happening.

I can't wait.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2019 at 13:07, avfcDJ said:

Finally got to watch AEW, and it's so much more enjoyable than WWE. Storytelling done in the ring, great marches.

Can they keep it up? 🤔

If Tony Khan (owner) is to be believed then AEW have over a year worth of storylines written for everyone in the company right now. So provided injuries don't get in the way then October 2019 to October 2020 is already planned out. It's why so many of their feuds are multi-layered;

Take Omega/Page vs Pac/Moxley airing on Dynamite this week.

• Omega and Moxley and feuding
  • Pac and Page are feuding
  • Pac attacked Omega last week so there is a potential feud forming there
  • Pac assisted Moxley by attacking Omega so a potential alliance could be forming there

That's just one match and it has threads that could create a solid couple of months of TV/PPV's by itself. 

Also; AEW Dark aired last night and the main event of Janela vs Omega in an unsanctioned match is a PPV quality match that they gave it away for free on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

If Tony Khan (owner) is to be believed then AEW have over a year worth of storylines written for everyone in the company right now. So provided injuries don't get in the way then October 2019 to October 2020 is already planned out. It's why so many of their feuds are multi-layered;

Take Omega/Page vs Pac/Moxley airing on Dynamite this week.

• Omega and Moxley and feuding
  • Pac and Page are feuding
  • Pac attacked Omega last week so there is a potential feud forming there
  • Pac assisted Moxley by attacking Omega so a potential alliance could be forming there

That's just one match and it has threads that could create a solid couple of months of TV/PPV's by itself. 

Also; AEW Dark aired last night and the main event of Janela vs Omega in an unsanctioned match is a PPV quality match that they gave it away for free on YouTube. 

the wrestling is amazing in AEW shows so far, i wonder how long these wrestlers can maintain these high octane performances, they really are putting their body through all sorts.  I do wonder sometimes if there will be longevity in these kind of matches. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

the wrestling is amazing in AEW shows so far, i wonder how long these wrestlers can maintain these high octane performances, they really are putting their body through all sorts.  I do wonder sometimes if there will be longevity in these kind of matches. 

That is the concern. I think AEW right now has it all figured out as they don't do live shows throughout the week, which gives the wrestlers time to rest. As long as AEW continue to give their talent time to rest then the high octane matches will likely continue, but if they adopt a WWE-like schedule eventually then we could see problems arising.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like Vince has made another mess of it and now Rollins is getting the reigns treatment.

Such terrible booking.  Rollins will be back as a heel soon I reckon.

he hasn't been learning I guess. Giving the Fiend another match is an interesting angle imo 

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Crown Jewel had some interesting moments.

What was their idea in bringing in Cain Velasquez? Horrible booking imo for his 'debut' match.

I'm glad they finally went in with the Fiend. How will they approach it with the 2 world titles on smackdown now?

Also, the Lashley/Rusev/Lana entire angle is an utter disaster

• 1 month later...

Cards for Wrestle Kingdom announced. Spoilers for anyone who isn't up to date after the end of the World Tag League

Night one 04/01/20

Spoiler

60 MINUTES LIMIT
JYUSHIN THUNDER LIGER RETIREMENT MATCH Ⅰ

Tiger Mask, The Great Sasuke, Tatsumi Fujinami, Jyushin Thunder Liger with El Samurai v Ryusuke Taguchi, Shinjiro Ootani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Naoki Sano with Kuniaki Kobayashi

30 MINUTES LIMIT
SPECIAL 8-MAN TAG MATCH

BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, EVIL, SANADA v El Desperado, Taichi, Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. 

30 MINUTES LIMIT
SPECIAL 8-MAN TAG MATCH

Yoshi-Hashi, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto v Chase Owens, Yujiro Takahasi, Bad Luck Fale, KENTA 

60 MINUTES LIMIT
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Tanga Loa & Tama Tonga v David Finlay & Juice Robinson

60 MINUTES LIMIT
IWGP US HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP Match / TEXAS DEATH MATCH

Lance Archer v Jon Moxley

60 MINUTES LIMIT
IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Will Ospreay v Hiromu Takahashi

60 MINUTES LIMIT

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Jay White v Tetsuya Naito

60 MINUTES LIMIT

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Kazuchika Okada v Kota Ibushi

Night two 05/01/20

Spoiler

60 MINUTES LIMIT
JYUSHIN THUNDER LIGER RETIREMENT MATCH Ⅱ

Naoki Sano & Jyushin Thunder Liger with Yoshiaki Fujiwara v Ryu Lee & Hiromu Takahashi

60 MINUTES LIMIT
IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori v SHO & YOH

60 MINUTES LIMIT
BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Zack Sabre Jr. v SANADA

Winner of the IWGP US Championship match on January 4th will fight Juice Robinson in

60 MINUTES LIMIT
IWGP US HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

X v Juice Robinson

60 MINUTES LIMIT
NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

KENTA v Hirooki Goto

The two non champions after January 4th's Intercontinental and Heavyweight championship matches will meet in

60 MINUTES LIMIT
SPECIAL SINGLE MATCH

X v X

60 MINUTES LIMIT
SPECIAL SINGLE MATCH

Hiroshi Tanahashi v Chris Jericho

60 MINUTES LIMIT
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT AND IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL DOUBLE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

X v X

There were long running rumours that Liger's final match would be versus Hiromu, and after he had a singles match with Suzuki not long a go, it seemed possible...but the team of Hiromu and Lee is irresistible, and almost certainly the face(s) of the Junior division moving forward, assuming Ospreay moves to the heavys. 

Awesome to see Moxley in there too, especially as it teases the possibility of an appearance the following night at New Year's Dash, probably the most unpredictable night on the wrestling calendar. 

• 4 weeks later...

WK 14 days one and two, plus New Year's Dash spoilers below

Spoiler

Tough call between Ospreay / Hiromu and Naito / Okada for match of the weekend. At a push I'd say the latter. 

In my minds eye, I saw Naito hitting the Stardust press, and winning the double gold that way...as it happens, the actual way it went was better. Okada kicked out of it, so it was never going to get the job done. Old faithful Destino did it. Great booking, simply phenomenal, a story 4 years in the making. 

I don't mind the KENTA interference, he's a logical first challenger, as the only with more heat is White, and we've already seen that. 

Plus, giving the fans what we want by setting up Moxley / Suzuki was a highlight too. 

And as for all the Liger stuff, well...magical.

Great weekend of Puro Resu. 

Will Ospreay is ridiculous.

Have loved AEW since they popped up. So nice to have someone else around pushing WWE. Dynamite and NXT are miles ahead of Raw and Smackdown, they're unwatchable for me now.

• 3 weeks later...
Â