The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

He's in very good shape according to his podcast.

Not wrestling shape though, from what I've heard.

It's not just his knees, it's his long running neck injury.

He's also said he retired because the doctors said he couldn't do it anymore. And since he's done it he's happy with it. He's said a number of times on his podcast that that chapter of his career is over.

He might come back, and he might have "one more match". But I'd be very surprised if he was ever an active member of the roster again.

I hope he joins with rusev tonight and they do a sarge/iron sheikh type thing. Cena turns his back on the US at WM. If he doesn't turn tonight then he never will.

Really? All of the build up and then that?! The most non sting entrance ever, whatever the **** the hhh intro was then the grandpa convention turning up?

One of the worst mania's I can remember this is. Truly awful stuff.

Orton super rko the only highlight so far.

Edited by Ingram85

I was hoping for more progress than nostalgia but taking the show as a whole it wasn't as bad as it was looking at one point. Still think sting v hhh stunk to high heaven.

HUGE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT THE SHOW SPOILED!!!

I think show winning the battle royal just put me in a bad mood. 1/10

Ladder match was good but Ambrose should have won. 7.5/10

Orton winning pissed me off at the time but on reflection I don't mind too much :P fantastic match with a fantastic finish. 9/10

Sting v HHH. A travesty from start to end. 3/10

Divas match. Meh. Was ok I guess. 5/10

Cena vs Rusev. Safe. Predictable but still entertaining. Rusev should have won with Cena going heel against the US but I'm not too bothered with the match and ending. 7.5/10

Taker v Bray. A fantastic spectacle but the wrong finish. They didn't do enough to make bray look strong. Pointless and means bray has to start over yet again. A great watch though. 6.5/10

Main event. Felt sorry for RR in the end but he should never have been there in the first place. Brilliant end. It saved the whole show imo. 8/10

The only thing that can sum up my feelings:

dtKHyTW.jpg

2 brilliant and 2 decentish matches pulled this year's WM out of the gutter for me. 7/10.

Edited by Ingram85

That Terminator Genisys spot was among the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen in any broadcast of anything ever. I'm sure they were paid handsomely, but Jesus H. Christ that's going to go down in TV history with Fonzie jumping the shark

• Like 1

It was like the Shockmaster's roided up jock brother. Awful. Destined to wrestlecrap like most of his entrances.

I still don't understand Stings entrance either, the music was awful and the Japanese drums? A link to Muta perhaps?

The match itself was a Russo wet dream.

• Like 1

Considering how bad the build up was, it was pretty amazing.  Better than last years.

• Tag Team Match - bit of a spot fest but good nonetheless.  Happy Cesaro and Kidd won.   6.5/10
  • Battle Royale - Bit drawn out, good to see strong showing from Cesaro and see the Sandow face turn. Let down by the BIg Show win.  Pointless 6/10
  • Ladder Match IC Title - Fantastic match, some great spots.  BNB looked strong and great moment with Ambrose going through the ladder.  Good to see Ziggler and Bryan fight it out at the end 9/10
  • Orton v Rollins - Thought the pacing was slow but when it picked up it was great.  That finish tho!  8/10
  • Sting v Triple H - Sting looked in great shape.  Not sure about the entrances!  It wasn't a wrestling classic but the run ins were unexpected and it made it quite a fun match 8/10
  • Divas Tag Match - good to see this match get some time and I thought it was a decent match overall 6.5/10
  • Cena v Rusev - What an entrance by Rusev! Badass. Good match and I can see why they gave Cena the win.  Rusev looked strong though 7/10
  • Rock and Rousey promo - Thought this was great although it went a little long - Rock v HHH and Steph v Rousey for WM 32?  8/10
  • Wyatt v Taker - Taker was in immense shape.  Good match and Wyatt looked strong.  Think they had to go with Taker to rebuild him up for next year. Also makes Lesnar look that much better.  The spider walk sit up spot was great 8/10
  • Reigns v Lesnar (v Rollins) - A very good match turned into an epic ending with Rollins cashing in.  ALso they executed it very well when it wasn't expected.  Brutal match before that as well.  Made Lesnar look dominant, without getting pinned and Reigns looked strong too.  9.5.10

Overall score 8.5/10

lol even before Rollin's came out during the Lesnar vs Reigns match JBL says 'pin him Rollin's' after Reign's speared Lesnar.

kinda gave it away.

Also spotted a Villa fan with this years shirt on not to far from the front.

c2tsjP.png

Edited by KAZZAM
  • Like 1

Don't know the last time I watched Wrestlemania but that title fight was top draw, Wyatt Undertaker was ambling pace and the Rusev character is so out dated.

a slight move away from the PG crap of the last 10 years.

hopefully the start of a new era Orton, Wyatt, Zigler, Bryan, Lesnar, Rollins and Reigns have the making of a good core even if they've all been around a while. Glad they are putting some better wrestlers into the lower belts it's boring when it's all about one belt.

They need to break Cenas character to get the best out of him and I don't get the hype about Bryan.

I could see Rollins losing to Orton but then cashing in MITB.

Thank you.

Really enjoyed Mania this year. Only thing that annoyed me was the ending and handshake with the Sting match. Made him look a total failure. Enjoyed the match beforehand even if nWo helping Sting over HHH makes absolutely no sense.

Loved the title match and am happy with the ending as Lesnar still looked completely dominant. Can see a baby face title chase from him now. Hope he comes to Raw in London in a fortnight.

Best Mania in some time for me.

Â