The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

To be honest, they should have just bought out all the contracts, the returns would have more than justified it. What they did was just rank short-termism, and it meant that potentially the greatest storyline in the history of the business turned out to be a total dud.   

Yep.

They needed to run Nitro under the WCW banner for a little while and work the invasion storyline over a longer time

Vince's ego made him instantly make WCW look weak and pathetic which absolutely killed the storyline. As someone who was probably a 60/40 WCW to WWF fan at the time of the invasion, seeing Lance Storm feature prominently for WCW wasn't particularly inspiring. At that point Vince needed to do whatever it took to get Hogan, Nash, Sting, DDP, Goldberg etc on board and firing on all cylinders from the start. I know DDP was there, but he went from the enormously popular People's Champion in WCW to the weird stalker he started out as in the WWF.

I really liked Booker T, but him and Bagwell as the faces of WCW for the start of the invasion was about as underwhelming as it possibly could have been.

Bagwell and Scott Steiner are probably my two least favourite prominent wrestlers ever. They should have been nWo B-Team, not nWo elite. They cheapened what was already a pretty crushing storyline for a wolfpac fan

From watching the Monday Night Wars I believe they had nowhere to show Nitro, it basically got cancelled which is what killed it off in the end so Vince could buy it, and then he only bought it really for the back catalogue. I think they'd have had to get rid of Smackdown to show Nitro which they would never have done.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested in a spare ticket for Raw tomorrow at the O2? Had a mate pull out. It's upper tier opposite the Titan-tron? Plus we get to sit with two Spurs fans :)

I took my godson to see the wrestling last year, it was **** terrible, I guess they held the big names back because it was televised raw in London just a few days later

Edited by leemond2008

Managed to get a ticket off twitter. A2 front row baby

Wanna swap? You can sit by two Spurs fans ;)

Anyone interested in a spare ticket for Raw tomorrow at the O2? Had a mate pull out. It's upper tier opposite the Titan-tron? Plus we get to sit with two Spurs fans :)

I took my godson to see the wrestling last year, it was **** terrible, I guess they held the big names back because it was televised raw in London just a few days later

Yeah this is the televised Raw. Want a ticket? ;)

Aw man, I'm on a night shift tomorrow otherwise I'd have took you up on that offer :(

Aw man, I'm on a night shift tomorrow otherwise I'd have took you up on that offer :(

Your work are heels.

Yeah the atmosphere was great, you can always count on the UK fans.  Neville v Ziggler was superb.  Crowd were all over the Cena v Barrett match too.

I just think as an episode of Raw if I watched it on TV it wouldn't be a good one.   HHH and Steph couldn't even be arsed to show.

Â