The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

problem I always found about Cena is that he came out around 2005 as a main eventer and they tried to push him like The Rock or Austin and he is not at their level and not many are in this era. He isnt the worst but he isnt the best, he was actually good on the mic as a heel with his raps before his push and he had an attitude like the 2 I mentioned that he could have got over as a face but was never given the chance to play a bad-ass and probably too late to change that

I think the build up has been quite good, I'm really looking forward to Mania.

Can't wait for the IC ladder match, Wyatt v Taker, Sting v HHH, Cena & Rusev. All of which has had good to great build up.

The only match that hasn't bean built up all too well is Rollins v Orton BUT despite the poor groundwork I think it will be a good bout. I even think Lesnar v Reigns will be better than we expect.

Other than the above and the Divas tag match and the Andre Battle Royal is there anything else?

Edited by Ingram85

^^ 4 way Tag title match.

This has got to be one of the worst build ups to Wrestlemania ever, barring Bray Wyatt and Sting.  It feels like just another PPV.  I didn't see it but just read on the ending for Raw yesterday and it sounded absolutely horrific.  Reigns and Lesnar basically playing tug of war with the title belt.

Agreed. I've been catching up with the WWE this year and the road to WrestleMania has really been poor. It feels like, despite the rumble being won 2 months ago, that this was about the first time Lesnar and Reigns even went face-to-face and it was brutal.

As for a Cena heel turn, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the World. Remember before Hogan's turn, people were getting sick of him and booing him anyway. Once he became heel, the fans continued to boo him even more since he would openly shit on them. Cena has become to boring as a personality, which is not exactly idea when he's boring in the ring too. Cena of 2003/04 was what he should've been for much longer.

Wyatt has been phenomenal, there aren't many people who can build up a match on their own like that. It's been awesome seeing Sting back in the ring and I love Triple H as a heel. The IC title match has the potential to be a great watch, same with the Orton/Rollins match but the build up for that has been dreadful. Beyond that, I don't think I could really care less. The Divas aren't terrible IMO, but there's not enough of them so the same few over and over is getting too stale.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Talking of heel turns, I randomly set upon this on YouTube, it must have been just after Stone Cold turned at Wrestlemania, it's amazing how he gets the crowd absolutely hating him despite basically being the most popular wrestler of all time. I don't think anyone could ever possibly be this good again

• Like 3

Stone Cold is a genius.

If you listen to his podcasts, specifically the ones where he talks about his own career, you realise just how clever the top guys are. How they know exactly how to manipulate the crowd and play to their emotions.

His commentary on his WM17 match vs The Rock is incredibly interesting (i.e. where the heel turn starts). Even down to how they distract the fans and the camera when the other wrestler is blading or needs a rest because they took a bad bump.

Did you watch the match whilst listening to the podcast?

Re Cena - I have been bored of him ever since he turned face to be honest but he is good at what he does.  Re him not having many bad matches - that's not just my opinion he is usually ranked as having one of the top matches every year by many respectable outlets.  His stuff with Punk was great, early stuff with Orton, match with D Bryan, matches with Wyatt etc...

You may not like him, like I, but you have to respect the guy.

Yeah I did.

Little tricky synching it up, especially as Austin pauses the match he's commentating on a couple of times throughout the podcast, but got there in the end.

Yeah I did.

Little tricky synching it up, especially as Austin pauses the match he's commentating on a couple of times throughout the podcast, but got there in the end.

Did this last night.  Great stuff.

So the 4 way tag match and Andre Battle Royal are now on the pre WM Kick off show. Doesn't leave much for WM does it?

Ladder match could be a classic

• Like 1

My predictions

Tag team match - Cesaro and Kidd

Battle Royal - Sheamus

Orton v Rollins - Rollins

Divas Tag Team Match - Bellas

Wyatt v Undertaker - Taker

Sting v Triple H - Sting

Ladder Match - Bryan

Cena v Rusev - Cena

Reigns v Lesnar - Lesnar

Edited by omariqy

I used to love wrestling so much. Was part of my growing up. I was a Stone cold, Undertaker, Mankind era kid. I catch the wrestling on TV every now and then and it is nothing like it used to be.

Does anybody think Stone Cold will make a return?

Edited by Tayls

He can drop a stunner on someone but that's about it isn't it?  Knees are shot to buggery.

TpNlG2Tl.jpg

At the height of his fame he wrestled in knee supports and they were there for legitimate reasons, not as part of a "look". 

Edited by The_Rev

There has been rumours of 'one more match' for years but it looks less likely as each Wrestlemania roles on. Also CM Punk was always cited as his most likely opponent and I don't expect to see him in WWE anytime soon, if ever.

Â