The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I'm glad to see a major PPV come to England, but that arena is very small. WWE sold out a 60k stadium in Wales in like 30 seconds last year and the O2 is a 20k capacity venue. I would love to go to this PPV, but it's going to sell out in 10 seconds.

They actually didn't sell it out and reduced the ticket prices nearer the event which nearly got sales up to capacity.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They actually didn't sell it out and reduced the ticket prices nearer the event which nearly got sales up to capacity.  

Thank you for the correction. I'm not sure where I read it, but I may have confused it with another one of WWE's boast posts about sales numbers. 

It has been a busy few days in WWE and none of it happened on-screen.

1. Vince McMahon is back. He forced his way back onto the board of directors by threatening to use the voting power from his shares to make getting new media rights deals difficult. 
  2. Since returning he has been re-instated as Executive Chairman of the Board. He was joined by George Barrios and Michelle Wilson. Three board members were removed from their positions to make way for them. 
  3. Two other board members resigned after Vince McMahon was reinstated.
  4. Vince McMahon is back to facilitate the sale of WWE ahead of media rights negotiations later this year. WWE have hired JP Morgan to help lead sales talks.
  5. Comcast are the current front runners in the race to buy WWE, but other potential buyers include Fox, Disney, and even the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund. 

All change at WWE and it looks like they'll have new owners sooner rather than later.

15 hours ago, Daweii said:

It has been a busy few days in WWE and none of it happened on-screen.

1. Vince McMahon is back. He forced his way back onto the board of directors by threatening to use the voting power from his shares to make getting new media rights deals difficult. 
  2. Since returning he has been re-instated as Executive Chairman of the Board. He was joined by George Barrios and Michelle Wilson. Three board members were removed from their positions to make way for them. 
  3. Two other board members resigned after Vince McMahon was reinstated.
  4. Vince McMahon is back to facilitate the sale of WWE ahead of media rights negotiations later this year. WWE have hired JP Morgan to help lead sales talks.
  5. Comcast are the current front runners in the race to buy WWE, but other potential buyers include Fox, Disney, and even the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund. 

All change at WWE and it looks like they'll have new owners sooner rather than later.

Ffs vincce you absolute clown just stay off. Triple h was sorting the company out and he he cant stay away the **** clown.

As for MITB only 20k?? Thwy should ahve done ut at wembley that would have sold out quickly.  Gonna be impossible to get tickets for only 20k

No shock there. Stephanie has resigned too so looks like legs to it.

Wouldbt suprise me if this is the beginning of the end of wwe as they will have absolutely  no idea how to run a company like this unless they keep vince or triple h on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No shock there. Stephanie has resigned too so looks like legs to it.

Wouldbt suprise me if this is the beginning of the end of wwe as they will have absolutely  no idea how to run a company like this unless they keep vince or triple h on

Unlikely that H will be staying on. What a mess .

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If i was triple h id be going aew and do a partnership with tomy khan  if that happened could completely change the game (no pun intended)

Yes definitely wether Tony could handle being overshadowed is another question. What a mess Regal returned to WWE to work with H now it looks like he’s off again.

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes definitely wether Tony could handle being overshadowed is another question. What a mess Regal returned to WWE to work with H now it looks like he’s off again.

They could always pencil him back in aew if need be.

I think this is gonna be a absolute shit show personally. Why vince just didnt leave triple h and Stephanie to run it ill never know.

He has enough money. 

Edited by Demitri_C

If PIF really have purchased WWE and Vince stays as chairman I can see WWE being dead within a few years. No US broadcaster will want to pay the Saudi's to show their product; they'll go to streaming only. Any partnerships will be dissolved, and a lot of talent will look to go elsewhere as was the case until HHH took over creative. Some of the legends won't appear in the future so not to tarnish their image by associating with the Saudis.

Only 1 person will benefit from this. Vince.

Bye bye KO and Sami. And Wrestlemania to be in Saudi very, very soon.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2023 at 21:09, hogso said:

Ospreay / Omega at Wrestle Kingdom 17 was fantastic. Currently ranked #4 all time best singles match on Cagematch 

Holy shit Omega's entrance alone went in as my new #1 all-time entrance.

Admittedly, numbers 2 through to like, 5, are also Omega, but still!

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Holy shit Omega's entrance alone went in as my new #1 all-time entrance.

Admittedly, numbers 2 through to like, 5, are also Omega, but still!

Yeah, great wasn't it. For anyone who didn't see it, he dressed similarly to Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, and walked out to One Winged Angel (the song from the final boss fight of FFVII against Sephiroth, and the name of Omega's finisher of course).

Was a nice moment with him teaming up with Okada at New Year's Dash too - although not as good as Taichi, Taka, Douki and Nobu announcing their new stable name, following the disbanding of Suzuki-gun in December - they're now called 'Just Four Guys'. Amazing. 

Â