The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

On 27/03/2023 at 16:28, hogso said:

Wasn't the undercard for WM15 notoriously bad? 

Probably, hence

On 27/03/2023 at 12:58, Stevo985 said:

Although I'm biased because it's the first one I properly watched as real fan.

I remember the Hell in a Cell and the Brawl for All final being shit to be fair. 

Big Show vs Mankind was ok.

I can't actually remember much else of it other than the main event

Mania 15 was a bad one as a wrestling card (with the exception of the main event).  However it's an absolute nostalgia fest to the height of the Attitude era.  Early 1999 was the absolute height of how excited I was by wrestling, the Corporation and Ministry angles we absolute gold and they should have been drawn out longer.

I'd also like to add how much I absolutely love the 1999 Royal Rumble to this day.  The whole car was a pure Russo fest.

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Mania 15 was a bad one as a wrestling card (with the exception of the main event).  However it's an absolute nostalgia fest to the height of the Attitude era.  Early 1999 was the absolute height of how excited I was by wrestling, the Corporation and Ministry angles we absolute gold and they should have been drawn out longer.

I'd also like to add how much I absolutely love the 1999 Royal Rumble to this day.  The whole car was a pure Russo fest.

I love big factions in wrestling. Wwe doesnt really do them anymore but aew does and does it well 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I love big factions in wrestling. Wwe doesnt really do them anymore but aew does and does it well 

Yeah, the storylines were always at their most compelling when there was a large heel faction running things.  Raw and Nitro would often start with them all in the ring for a big group promo.

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably, hence

I remember the Hell in a Cell and the Brawl for All final being shit to be fair. 

Big Show vs Mankind was ok.

I can't actually remember much else of it other than the main event

Bart Gunn v Butterbean 🤣🤣

• Like 1

For me, the defining moment of the attitude era was Pat Pattersons skid marks and Jerry The king Lawlors description of them 4 mins 42 onwards

Edited by Follyfoot

On 26/03/2023 at 22:12, Wainy316 said:

14 is considered the official start of the Attitude Era which ended at WM 17.  17 is definitely the best ever Mania.

100%. that stone cold vs the rock was something else

seem to recall the rocks book saying the basically rehearsed the whole match, move for move

i don't watch it anymore, but when i'm stuck for something to watch i do find myself flicking on an old raw or smackdown from that era. there's a few sites out there you can find them...wont post a link as possibly not legal as contains all the PPVs etc

Cena vs Theory aside, that's one of the strongest nights of WrestleMania ever. Everything on from the first match was so, so good. 

Bit disappointed I'll miss night two because I'm in work but the only match I'm gutted about missing is Balor v Edge. Night two will have some work to do to compete with what we just seen. 

Very enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Cena vs Theory aside, that's one of the strongest nights of WrestleMania ever. Everything on from the first match was so, so good. 

Bit disappointed I'll miss night two because I'm in work but the only match I'm gutted about missing is Balor v Edge. Night two will have some work to do to compete with what we just seen. 

Very enjoyable.

Agreed.

I was sad enough to book Monday off 😂

I read that Cena's performance was such that he just doesn't take risks in ring anymore, for fear of getting injured and it affecting his acting commitments. 

For those who watched it, how true do you think that is? 

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I read that Cena's performance was such that he just doesn't take risks in ring anymore, for fear of getting injured and it affecting his acting commitments. 

For those who watched it, how true do you think that is? 

Yeah that wouldn’t shock me. It wasn’t an “all in” performance from Cena, and even then he was protected and made to look strong. (No spoilers - but I’m talking about the match ending and something Theory did before that).

Barring edge and balor and the IC match

Dont bother with night 2

Spoiler

In a incredibly stupid main event booking reigns beats cody. **** horrible booking

Also the shane McMahon botch was hilarious 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Barring edge and balor and the IC match

Dont bother with night 2

Hide contents

In a incredibly stupid main event booking reigns beats cody. **** horrible booking

Also the shane McMahon botch was hilarious 

Agreed, as for the HIAC,

Spoiler

why didn’t Balor win? He needed a win. Mad.

Â