The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

'Gorilla' position 😉

Named after the late great Gorilla Monsoon

/pedant

I knew I was getting it wrong, but couldn't put my finger on why "guerrilla position" didn't look right. 

I appreciate the correction.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Last nights RAW was rewritten several times minutes before the show went on air. Matches were cut. Segments were changed.

Vince is now fully in charge again. WWE can tell the roster that Triple H is still Head of Creative all they want, but Vince McMahon was apparently in guerrilla position all night last night and was the one calling the shots on the headset. 

The sale to Endeavor seems to have been the catalyst for Vince to come back as emboldened as ever. Last night was the first time in over 6-months that Vince was in guerrilla position calling the shots, and it was one of the worst episodes ever. 

I think the honeymoon period for WWE is over. They had a good few months between Summerslam and WrestleMania, but it's all over if Vince is now in the hotseat again. 

Spoiler

All ovee social media night 2 WM and last nights raw they are getting obliterated 

Thia could be the end of wwe in years to come. The only good thing is at least vince can be removed now without him being able to do anything when it goes tits up

That raw was abysmal so bad

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Last nights RAW was rewritten several times minutes before the show went on air. Matches were cut. Segments were changed.

Vince is now fully in charge again. WWE can tell the roster that Triple H is still Head of Creative all they want, but Vince McMahon was apparently in guerrilla position all night last night and was the one calling the shots on the headset. 

The sale to Endeavor seems to have been the catalyst for Vince to come back as emboldened as ever. Last night was the first time in over 6-months that Vince was in guerrilla position calling the shots, and it was one of the worst episodes ever. 

I think the honeymoon period for WWE is over. They had a good few months between Summerslam and WrestleMania, but it's all over if Vince is now in the hotseat again. 

Spoiler

All ovee social media night 2 WM and last nights raw they are getting obliterated 

Thia could be the end of wwe in years to come. The only good thing is at least vince can be removed now without him being able to do anything when it goes tits up

11 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Crumpet said:
  Hide contents

I think WWE had the opportunity on Sunday to 'Kill AEW.'

Cody wins and it shows there was a route for AEW guys to come and win things. With all the Punk stuff, you could have seen Bucks, Omega even Hangman jumping ship. Now if your're them you look over and see they won't put you as champ when you are red hot, then why go.

Agree the moustache is giving Evil Walt Disney Vibes 

You are so right there why would someone like omega come? Or punk?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Vince, by my reading, has signed a 2 year contract - which probably comes with massive fees to remove him within that time. So it’s likely we are stuck with him for now. And it seems he was indeed in charge last night. Lots of rewrites, staff morale down. 🤦‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:
  Hide contents

Vince, by my reading, has signed a 2 year contract - which probably comes with massive fees to remove him within that time. So it’s likely we are stuck with him for now. And it seems he was indeed in charge last night. Lots of rewrites, staff morale down. 🤦‍♂️

This is great news for aew. They can cherry pick alot of the unhappy roster.

When triple h was in charge they were crushibg aew now it will revert back.

I mean after this week i really dont want to watch anymore until vince is gone

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is great news for aew. They can cherry pick alot of the unhappy roster.

When triple h was in charge they were crushibg aew now it will revert back.

I mean after this week i really dont want to watch anymore until vince is gone

Yeah the Vince product is a mess and has been for 5 years. I’ve been really invested the past few months, but I’m probably going to take a break till he has gone. 

17 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He's gotta just be trolling at this stage.  I mean, look at him!

Vince McMahon Explains Why He Is Selling WWE, If He'll Be Involved In  Creative

What's weird about this mental "look", is that he's been grey for absolutely ages.

If he'd always dyed his hair then I'd be thinking he looks stupid but fair enough he can't let it go.

But he's been grey for decades

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What's weird about this mental "look", is that he's been grey for absolutely ages.

If he'd always dyed his hair then I'd be thinking he looks stupid but fair enough he can't let it go.

But he's been grey for decades

Ita not just that he was grey though his face looks so old for this look

Not to mention the moustache is absolutely horrific 

Edited by Demitri_C

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

AEW coming to Wembley August 27th.

Can't wait. 

I worry they're over estimating how popular they are in the UK. No way they're going to sell out Wembley. It'd completely and utterly destroy their attendance record, a little over 20k. I do expect them to beat that though.

Stupid to book it the same weekend as the Notting Hill Carnival. Travelling will be a nightmare.

Â