The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

the rumble last night was intense.

Gunther is a star, it's only a matter of time before he wins the world title.

Cody was not a surprise, but man it feels like Sami/Roman is going to completely overshadow that -- especially with Jey doing what he did last night. 

Probably the most predictable rumble ever. It was abit of a yawn fest for me as you knew who would win both

The best part

Spoiler

The ending that was a brilliant ending. Was not expecting zayn to turn on roman more the other way round so that was a good sweve

Also think the logan paul ricochet double collison was brilliant although logan paul absolutely sucks as a person the guys probably the talented non wrestler/celeb there has ever been

The booking of edge and lesnar for this rumble was atrocious 

Also that big botch for nia jax was hilarious 😂 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2023 at 07:26, Dodgyknees said:

Im so **** into the Bloodline story. Jey USO has been on fire. I can’t wait for Wrestlemania.

Have to say this is one of the weakest WM cards ive seen in years.

45 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Having just found wreslemania 14 and watched it again, this is my opinion is the pinnacle of modern day wrestling and will probably never be bettered 

14 is considered the official start of the Attitude Era which ended at WM 17.  17 is definitely the best ever Mania.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

14 is considered the official start of the Attitude Era which ended at WM 17.  17 is definitely the best ever Mania.

I havw a soft spot for mania 10 shawn va razor ladder match

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to say this is one of the weakest WM cards ive seen in years.

I think it’s looking good. I was hoping for a multi-man ladder match for the IC or US, but other than that there are some good stories tying up. 

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

For me Austin winning the belt for the 1st time, DX still as a three before the New Age Outlaws joined (the next night on Raw if I recall reversing the Cactus Jack Terry Funk victory) and the first Undertaker Kane match with Kane still mystical and going through the roster leading up to Mania (twatted Vader with a steel pipe I think) and the Undertaker returning to fight his brother after being 'burned alive in a casket and facing his first real test as the streak developed, add Mike Tyson and Ken Shamrock 'snapping' its 14 all the way for me 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is the correct answer

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

For me Austin winning the belt for the 1st time, DX still as a three before the New Age Outlaws joined (the next night on Raw if I recall reversing the Cactus Jack Terry Funk victory) and the first Undertaker Kane match with Kane still mystical and going through the roster leading up to Mania (twatted Vader with a steel pipe I think) and the Undertaker returning to fight his brother after being 'burned alive in a casket and facing his first real test as the streak developed, add Mike Tyson and Ken Shamrock 'snapping' its 14 all the way for me 

All valid points and I actually much prefer the WWF of 1998/99 to that of 2000/01 but for me WM 17 as a standalone is one of the best wrestling cards ever.  I know that's not exactly a niche view but it was just so so good.

• Like 1

15 was also excellent. Although I'm biased because it's the first one I properly watched as real fan. I was half into wrestling the year before, but Jan 1999 was when I got fully sucked in and I was completely obsessed with it for about 3 or 4 years.

And I was a proper mark for those first couple of years at least. Obviously I knew it was predetermined, but I was able to completely suspend my disbelief and watch it as if it was genuine competition. When The Rock lost to Stone Cold at WM15 I was genuinely gutted. Like Villa had lost a cup final

(Yeah I know Stone Cold was the face then but I just loved The Rock)

Wasn't the undercard for WM15 notoriously bad? 

My vote would go to 17 too, although 19 is also great (but perhaps less fondly remembered by fans aged 35+ as it's firmly ruthless aggression era).

Unrelated, but TNT (the promotion!) are running a death match tournament in Brum, at Lab11 in Digbeth on 14th July. Joey Janela is the only wrestler announced so far, but you'd have to expect Big Joe (really starting to make a name for himself) and Clint Margera, maybe Session Moth? If they announce Drew Parker, I'm there. 

Â