The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Is normal to link an apology from the wrestler involved in the article? 

If the apology is there at the time of announcement they include it. WWE is a popularity business and they can't afford a man who they have invested in a lot to suddenly become vilified for the wrong reasons. An apology tends to go a long way especially one like Reigns delivered with no excuses offered.

If this is what forced them to take the title from him so quickly, great result. Has any champion been less over, ever? Give him some time off and retool his character a bit. He probably needs to be a heel given he's getting booed regardless, but he mainly just needs to do something to make him interesting.

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If this is what forced them to take the title from him so quickly, great result. Has any champion been less over, ever? Give him some time off and retool his character a bit. He probably needs to be a heel given he's getting booed regardless, but he mainly just needs to do something to make him interesting.

Sheamus_1.jpg

Edited by Demitri_C

11 hours ago, V01 said:

I half expected this to be a ploy to postpone the shield triple threat until Summerslam.

The brand split gets in the way of that plan, hell it may still get in the way at Battleground unless they leave Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns out of the draft until after Battleground. The brand split introduces two WWE Championships the Raw one and the Smackdown one, if Reigns for instance was drafted to Smackdown aside from personal animosity he would have no reason to be in this triple threat. So Summerslam is definitely too late for the triple threat, I just wonder how they are going to make the one at Battleground make sense in light of the draft happening on July 19th. 

Two titles may be the least pressing issue going forward based on some of the industry insider talk.

There is talk that WWE are set to announce 8 more PPV's on top of the current 12 already in circulation. The thinking behind that is 8 PPV's for Raw, 8 PPV's for Smackdown and 4 shared (Royal Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series and Wrestlemania).

I'm down for that but I've always tuned in to WWE more for the wrestling than the storylines, but I fear that those that hold interest solely through the drama and storylines may get burned out. What I am curious about is how they would book two PPV's. I would assume there would be a staggered timeline so one brand has a PPV mid-month every 4-5 weeks and one brand takes the usual end of the month slot. I just feel that they may go full overload mode and just have one PPV on the Saturday and the other the following day on Sunday, it would certainly be a very WWE type decision to make.

53 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Two titles may be the least pressing issue going forward based on some of the industry insider talk.

There is talk that WWE are set to announce 8 more PPV's on top of the current 12 already in circulation. The thinking behind that is 8 PPV's for Raw, 8 PPV's for Smackdown and 4 shared (Royal Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series and Wrestlemania).

I'm down for that but I've always tuned in to WWE more for the wrestling than the storylines, but I fear that those that hold interest solely through the drama and storylines may get burned out. What I am curious about is how they would book two PPV's. I would assume there would be a staggered timeline so one brand has a PPV mid-month every 4-5 weeks and one brand takes the usual end of the month slot. I just feel that they may go full overload mode and just have one PPV on the Saturday and the other the following day on Sunday, it would certainly be a very WWE type decision to make.

God that will be well too much can see alot of people getting bored with it as overkill

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

God that will be well too much can see alot of people getting bored with it as overkill

Indeed. A PPV should be a special occasion which people are excited for. Having one every few weeks will kill the excitement. Also means that Raw and Smackdown will literally just be filler / six man tags, as there will always be a PPV for the main matches around the corner........ ugh!!! 

Brexit explained for wrestling fans

Britain has splintered from the European Union in the so-called Brexit — a brand split that will see the main roster of Europe divided, akin to WWE’s upcoming split between Raw and Smackdown.

Here’s a handy primer to help wrestling fans understand an event that Michael Cole has described (accurately, for once) as “history in the making.”

What is Brexit? 

It’s a clunky portmanteau of the words “Britain” and “exit,” similar to (but less clever than) JeriShow, ShoMiz, Breezango, and Glamarella.

How did it happen?

Citizens of the Britain voted in a referendum, which is like a WWE App poll, except the result actually matters.

The referendum was called by Prime Minister David Cameron, the Vince McMahon of the United Kingdom. Cameron believed members of the UK Universe would vote for continued tagging with Europe, but it was an XFL-calibre miscalculation.

Cameron was out of touch with with the fanbase, a majority of whom chanted “We want Brex-it (clap-clap-clapclapclap)” and voted in favor of the brand split.

Now what? 

It turns out the referendum had a loser-leaves-town stipulation, as Cameron immediately announced his resignation (“I need to find my smile,” he said). Speculation abounds as to whether London Mayor Boris Johnson — the John Laurinaitis of England — will be named the new General Manager of the UK.

The fallout of the EU brand split has been immediate, sending economy into a TNA-like realm of turbulence and uncertainty.

It is believed that many member countries of the European Union — such as Bulgaria (Rusev), Ireland (Sheamus), Poland (Ivan Putski), and Portugal (Aldo Montoya) — may soon fail Economic Wellness Policy tests and be financially future-endeavoured.

While those who voted in favor of the UK brand split (typically jaded smarks who don’t like “today’s product”) believe they were preserving old-school values, many worldwide have labelled the separatists, in the words of Chris Jericho, stupid idiots.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/brexit-explained-wrestling-fans/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â