The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Bobby Roode's entrance at Takeover was truly glorious.  With that theme music he is going to be ridiculously over.

Hahaha I just youtubed it. Brilliant.

It appears that they've cottoned on to what was so popular about previous eras of wrestling. Primarily big, charismatic, over the top personalities. People don't care if it's realistic or ridiculous.

• Like 1

I've just watched this with my lad who absolutely loves WWE and.... 

Spoiler

What was the craic with that Lesner Vs Orton match? The elbow to the head looked pretty real, as did the cut. Do they use blades to do that in WWE? it kinda looked like the script had gone a bit wrong? 

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I've just watched this with my lad who absolutely loves WWE and.... 

Hide contents

What was the craic with that Lesner Vs Orton match? The elbow to the head looked pretty real, as did the cut. Do they use blades to do that in WWE? it kinda looked like the script had gone a bit wrong? 

No way. There's pics out there of Orton's head. That was cracked open with an elbow. No idea what Lesnar was thinking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

No way. There's pics out there of Orton's head. That was cracked open with an elbow. No idea what Lesnar was thinking. 

Thanks Jonah. Looks real to me too, hence the question becuase it's WWE! 

is the consensus that Lesnar went off script? 

All seemed a bit odd at the end, like no one knew what was supposed to happen? 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

Thanks Jonah. Looks real to me too, hence the question becuase it's WWE! 

is the consensus that Lesnar went off script? 

All seemed a bit odd at the end, like no one knew what was supposed to happen? 

I'm not sure. it looked intentional, I just can't understand what he was doing. 

Yeah it came across as a bit clueless, Paul Heyman's face looked like he knew brock had **** up. 

Be interesting to see what WWE do. After failing a drug test he then badly injures a fellow wrestler in his first match back. 

I personally think that Orton and Lesnar pre-planned this to happen. 

Why do I think this? There are a lot of superstars from the Ruthless Aggression Era that think blading and blood being banned is stupid, one of them albeit not featured in this match is John Cena. It stands to reason that if Mr. Family Friendly himself dislikes the ban then I would imagine Orton and Lesnar aren't fans of it either. The issue WWE face is Orton and Lesnar are both veterans and are both almost too big to get fired. 

Was it extreme? Yeah but it left a talking point for what was otherwise an oddly booked event that went on perhaps a little too long. I personally think that the booking for this match left both looking strong and set up for a Lesnar/Orton II at Survivor Series or something. I think going into this neither wanted to lose by pinfall so they played into Lesnar being an MMA beast angle.

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much, but two Ruthless Aggression Era superstars that likely hate the blood ban flaunting the rules to bring us something everyone is talking about. That sounds good to me. 

AJ v Cena was a good match but the crowd made it great.

That was utterly nasty on Orton but I reckon he probably asked to be busted open hardway.  It's all about the legitimate beast angle with Lesnar.

• Like 1

Â