The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

The first brand split was the reason I stopped watching the WWE.

More wrestlers doesn't mean a better product imo. In fact it's quite the opposite.

I don't watch it anymore so i can't really say how I think this will affect things, but it was certainly a negative last time.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This is good news gives more superstars a chance. People like Ambrose, Cesar's, ziggler, Aj 

With AJ not even making it to the money in the bank match you'd imagine he'll go over to smackdown and perhaps become Champion on there? Although would be a shame for him to be off the flagship show, but I guess he has served his purpose in making Reigns look half decent. 

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Obviously the US and IC titles can go to separate shows, but I wonder how they'll handle the World Heavyweight, Tag Team and Women's titles.

Hopefully not by doubling up on belts.

I think the way they will do it is keep them all singular.

WWE United States Championship will go to Smackdown - WWE Intercontinental Championship will go to Raw

WWE World Tag Team Championships will stay brand neutral - The title will likely be booked between brands to pit the best team on each brand at the time to face at the PPV. It will keep the tag team division fresh and make PPV matches feel all the more special.

WWE Women's Championship will also stay brand neutral - Similar scenario to the Tag Titles the best of the best from both brands face off. It would also allow for more speciality matches as some months there could be two women that deserve a shot on one brand setting up triple threats, fatal four ways.. Always good for variety and allows the women chance to build feuds and story lines better.  

WWE World Heavyweight Championship will again stay brand neutral - This is the big one and the best men in the company on either brand need to be vying for it. Making it the thing each brand wants and needs to have in their product will raise prestige, it will make it THE title in the company and whoever holds it THE man to beat. Similar reasons as above it keeps fights for the title fresh and more special, while allowing more opportunity for more natural looking speciality matches to be formed.

If this was to happen those that own one of the three neutral titles would need free reign over both brands, they wouldn't be able to compete on the rival brand, but for the sake of rivalry building Reigns (Raw) coming out on Smackdown to address the number one contender calling him out has to remain a thing. The potential of the brand split could be huge and it will certainly make stars as those not in the main event scene now will likely now get that shot on one of the brands. I think it also allows for the company to freshen up and change the staging for the first time in like 10 years, make each brand feel unique and different. It should be a good thing if done well. 

I think the brand split is a good idea given the current roster and the call ups that will come from NXT.  I actually think the IC title will be on Smackdown and will feature as the main event most weeks.  Agree the tag titles, womens and world title need to be brand neutral. I think Cena needs to be on Smackdown and lead the charge much like Undertaker did back in the day. 

When the original brand split happen that is when I sort of stopped watching.  However, I remember Smackdown being the stronger out of the two because it had Angle, Benoit, Mysterio, Guerrero, Lesnar etc

the brand split failed the last time as Raw got all the stars and then ruined by letting HHH be a boring champion for about 3 years. Smackdown was the more entertaining show but was still treated as secondary

Hearing talk that the World Heavyweight Championship will be reinstated to give both shows a main title. Seems these days unifying and removing a title from circulation is merely a storyline prop not something to build on.

22 hours ago, Daweii said:

Hearing talk that the World Heavyweight Championship will be reinstated to give both shows a main title. Seems these days unifying and removing a title from circulation is merely a storyline prop not something to build on.

Be really pissed off if this happens.  It devalues the title so much and then you have any old jobber win the Royal Rumble and choose to go for the least prestigious title.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Be really pissed off if this happens.  It devalues the title so much and then you have any old jobber win the Royal Rumble and choose to go for the least prestigious title.

It's going to be terrible. I would much rather it be one title that each show fights over pitting their best superstars against the rivals Champion to bring the title home. That kind of thing adds prestige as if the fans see how much each show wants it the fans start to see it as a big deal, not to mention the main event between superstars of the two brands will feel exciting it will have that big fight feeling. 

On the topic of Royal Rumble. Any bets that after the split they have a Rumble end in a double elimination? Have the two "winners" fight at Fastlane to determine who faces the WWE Champ and who faces the World Heavyweight Champ. Seems like a very WWE thing to do and a very Vince way of booking as woe betide Smackdown having a more prestigious title than Raw. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

It's going to be terrible. I would much rather it be one title that each show fights over pitting their best superstars against the rivals Champion to bring the title home. That kind of thing adds prestige as if the fans see how much each show wants it the fans start to see it as a big deal, not to mention the main event between superstars of the two brands will feel exciting it will have that big fight feeling. 

On the topic of Royal Rumble. Any bets that after the split they have a Rumble end in a double elimination? Have the two "winners" fight at Fastlane to determine who faces the WWE Champ and who faces the World Heavyweight Champ. Seems like a very WWE thing to do and a very Vince way of booking as woe betide Smackdown having a more prestigious title than Raw. 

They've already done that Rumble ending twice in 94 and 05 so would hope not to see it again.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

They've already done that Rumble ending twice in 94 and 05 so would hope not to see it again.

Sounds like we're due another one based on them seemingly happening 11 years apart. 

• Like 1

Â