The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

They really, really needed to do something with Reigns when it was obvious he wasn't over against Styles.

Now he's got a second consecutive feud where there is no clear-cut face or heel.

How's that working out for you WWE?

I'm up to Wrestlemania 13.

Brett Hart vs Stone Cold submission match was an absolute classic. I've seen bits of it before but never the whole thing.

Brilliant match. Stone cold bladed good and proper in that one!

Edited by Stevo985

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Brett Hart vs Stone Cold submission match was an absolute classic. I've seen bits of it before but never the whole thing.

If you fancy like watching the match again but with Austin describing what they were doing as it happens, check this out. It's fascinating and gives a great insight into the workings of a wrestling match.

He did it for his match against The Rock at X-seven too, well worth a watch.

Just don't watch them if you still believe in kayfabe perhaps ;)

• Like 2

On 6/5/2016 at 01:21, Stevo985 said:

that was first time Austin ever bladed and he didnt want to do it but Hart had convince him otherwise and think he actually did the blading

think the blood made Austin performance even better

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

that was first time Austin ever bladed and he didnt want to do it but Hart had convince him otherwise and think he actually did the blading

think the blood made Austin performance even better

Yeah Hart definitely did the blading. 

And did a very good job :D

Former Germany international goalkeeper Tim Wiese has secured potentially the biggest transfer move of his career after signing for… WWE!

Wiese, who was capped 13 times by Germany, hung up his gloves in 2014 in order to chase his new dream of becoming a professional wrestler.

The 34-year-old is now a step closer to achieving that dream after accepting a personal invitation from Paul "Triple H" Levesque, the WWE's executive vice president of talent, to join the WWE performance Centre in Orlando, Florida, for an extended training period.

Wiese, whose former clubs include Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen and Kaiserslautern, is hoping to secure his first WWE match up when the WWE Live tour returns to Germany in November. 

"I have been training hard for this, and I am excited for the opportunity," Wiese said. "No matter what it takes, my goal is to be in that WWE ring this November. I want that match!"

Wiese helped the Usos claim victory over Goldust and Stardust at a WWE event in Germany in 2014
Wiese helped the Usos claim victory over Goldust and Stardust at a WWE event in Germany in 2014

But it is not the first time 6ft 4in Wiese has stepped into the WWE.

In September 2014, Wiese appeared as a guest timekeeper at a WWE event in Frankfurt and secured immediate fan approval after interjecting himself into a match.

Wiese was subsequently invited to a one-day workout at the WWE Performance Centre, where he impressed the facility's trainers and WWE executives, including Levesque. 

"Tim is tenacious," Levesque said. "He continues to be very vocal in his desire to prove that he has what it takes, and he has shown tremendous resilience and determination to create an opportunity for himself.

"This is his break to walk his talk. If all goes well in Florida, he will get his chance in the ring."

Wow just wow

On 07/06/2016 at 15:14, ThunderPower_14 said:

The most notable thing out of Raw was probably that Cena actually called Styles, Gallows and Anderson "Bullet Club" at one point before referring to them as the club the rest of the time.

I have rewatched and actually think he says 'pull it' club.  A typical bad Cena gag.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I remember seeing that an English goalkeeper had gone over to try out for the WWE as well.  I guess they generally have the physique and are often a bit mental.  I worry a bit about what gimmick Vince would dream up for a German wrestler though.

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I remember seeing that an English goalkeeper had gone over to try out for the WWE as well.  I guess they generally have the physique and are often a bit mental.  I worry a bit about what gimmick Vince would dream up for a German wrestler though.

sure i remember Brakus he was absolute shocking but fit the Vince mould. at lease WCW had some thought with Berlyn and his bodyguard The Wall :P

My housemate is getting something from the WWE online shop and i've decided to grab a t-shirt.

Tossing up between a classic nWo shirt and a Certified G Enzo and Cass shirt. Also considering the light blue How You Doin Enzo and Cass shirt.

The last t-shirt I bought ages ago was the Carlito bad apple t-shirt with "I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool" on the back, and before that it was a Mattitude Version 1 shirt, so as you can see I only buy t-shirts for the highest quality gimmicks.

Speaking of the highest quality gimmicks, Zack Ryder really needs to go back to the Broski gimmick. His current jobber gimmick is boring as shit.

Also,

I have a Stag's weekend coming up, and we're all pretty big wrestling fans, so one idea we've had is to have a title belt that goes along with us for the weekend and can be won from the champion via contests and games like sculling a beer, arm wrestling etc etc etc.

My main issue has been finding an appropriate belt.

I was originally considering the WWE kids belts you can find at department stores etc, but a bit of research tells me that they probably aren't big enough for adult men and I haven't actually been able to find anywhere that stocks them anymore, so i'd be getting one online.

I'd really prefer an adult size so I know it'll fit, but finding one online (even a plastic one) without paying north of $200 is proving pretty difficult, as the exchange rate is a killer from the WWE shop and I can't seem to find anywhere else reliable.

It doesn't need to be great quality and it doesn't even really need to be a WWE belt, just a generic wrestling belt would do the job.

I'm willing to pay Aus$100-$150 if the quality is reasonable, but i'm struggling to find much. Has anyone had any luck with this sort of thing?

Also,

I have a Stag's weekend coming up, and we're all pretty big wrestling fans, so one idea we've had is to have a title belt that goes along with us for the weekend and can be won from the champion via contests and games like sculling a beer, arm wrestling etc etc etc.

My main issue has been finding an appropriate belt.

I was originally considering the WWE kids belts you can find at department stores etc, but a bit of research tells me that they probably aren't big enough for adult men and I haven't actually been able to find anywhere that stocks them anymore, so i'd be getting one online.

I'd really prefer an adult size so I know it'll fit, but finding one online (even a plastic one) without paying north of $200 is proving pretty difficult, as the exchange rate is a killer from the WWE shop and I can't seem to find anywhere else reliable.

It doesn't need to be great quality and it doesn't even really need to be a WWE belt, just a generic wrestling belt would do the job.

I'm willing to pay Aus$100-$150 if the quality is reasonable, but i'm struggling to find much. Has anyone had any luck with this sort of thing?

87d0c9362ae85a65aa55ec583e3f578f.jpg

• Like 1

Â