The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

This year there's going to be Raw vs Smackdown:

5 on 5 top superstars

5 on 5 tag team

5 on 5 women.

That sounds potentially awesome its realkly good when stick bad and good on same side like they did one year with razor being on same side as owen hart against a team of shawn michaels and yokozuna

Edited by Demitri_C

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2014 at 15:11, GarethRDR said:

So did anyone else see that WWE have allegedly opened a dialogue to bring former Werder Bremen (and briefly Hoffenheim) goalkeeper Tim Wiese over into developmental?

Wiese playing for Germany a few years back:

Tim-Wiese-REX-151051_L.jpg

Wiese today (having apparently completed the "Stevo985 Bench-To-Hench Programme"... or not):

Tim Wiese: From Bundesliga goalkeeper to WWE star (link below) debut on thursday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37841766

On 10/31/2016 at 15:51, Villaphan04 said:

i think that there was a lack of cooperation from the tables near the end so they had to change it on the fly

Sasha needs to put on a bit of weight.. I have never seen a table in WWE so unwilling to break, she was bouncing off that thing like it was a trampoline.

The finish was likely either a table spot to end or a table spot followed by Sasha crawling into position to get a Natural Selection.. Without the table breaking though it looked odd.

Great match though despite the plethora of botches.. I can understand almost all of them though as the adrenaline and nerves would have been running high.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3 November 2016 at 12:40, Demitri_C said:

I am really liking that the concept for survivor series this year, having heels and faces team together in traditional survivor series matches 

I got 3 months free WWE Network and watched it this morning and really enjoyed it.  It definitely throws in a lot more angles and swerves doing the 5 on 5.  The men's match was a bit sloppy with the referee but had some great bits.  Shane looked in a bad way though.  Then the main event was epic...

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I got 3 months free WWE Network and watched it this morning and really enjoyed it.  It definitely throws in a lot more angles and swerves doing the 5 on 5.  The men's match was a bit sloppy with the referee but had some great bits.  Shane looked in a bad way though.  Then the main event was epic...

I saw it and arguably one of the best survivor series they have had in years. It was great seeing bad and good on same side for both teams. i hope this is a regular concept. 

The last two matches I didn't expect them to end the way they did! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thoughts on the finish of the Golberg Lesnar match?

Spoiler

Seems strange to me, is this because Lerner has been questioned over performances enhancers? Why build Brock up, including taking 'the streak', only for this?

41 minutes ago, DK82 said:
  Hide contents

Seems strange to me, is this because Lerner has been questioned over performances enhancers? Why build Brock up, including taking 'the streak', only for this?

Spoiler

It looks like Goldberg had a shoulder injury so it had to be short and he's agreed to be in the Royal Rumble.  I thought it was pretty great tbh, really didn't expect it.

Spoiler

I thought the finish was great. It was a throw back to WCW era Goldberg which was likely the side of Goldberg he would have wanted his son to experience. The bonus was it just so happened to be against Brock Lesnar, so the result is literally mind blowing. 

As for why it went down the way it did. Goldberg wasn't match fit. He only found out from WWE that the match was going ahead 8 weeks ago. He had to get himself into peak physical shape in that time, but it likely wasn't enough to get his cardio levels in check. He also hurt his shoulder on the Raw before the PPV so that likely had a lot to do with the match being even shorter than expected. 

Spoiler

Fantastic booking IMO. The genuine shock in the crowd was amazing. You just don't get that anymore with the internet making literally every WWE fan a smark.

They've instantly made Goldberg look as superhuman as he did in WCW without really harming Brock too much IMO. Brock played it perfectly, looking overconfident, and got squashed. I have basically no doubt that Brock will win the rematch at WM, but this just made that rematch an enthralling prospect.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I absolutely loved the PPV. Best one in since WM 30 IMO. The old school format helped massively.  Also I hope Jericho gets another title run. He deserves it.

YOUR JUST MADE THE LIST!!! Something so simple that is comedy genius :crylaugh:

Â