The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

31 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

A bit of a weak way for Owens to win but awesome for the storyline. Best finish to Raw in some time IMO

Definitely is, but as you said they just opened up many storyline possibilities(Rollins face run)

Heath Slater is becoming one of my favourites. Although I think they've ruined what was building up nicely by putting him with Rhyno. 

Don't really get why AJ styles is a heel, surely he's much better as a baby face. He's an awesome wrestler and fans want to cheer him. Makes no sense to me. 

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Heath Slater is becoming one of my favourites. Although I think they've ruined what was building up nicely by putting him with Rhyno. 

Don't really get why AJ styles is a heel, surely he's much better as a baby face. He's an awesome wrestler and fans want to cheer him. Makes no sense to me. 

It's interesting. I've always felt that he has played the role of heel better than babyface over his career. Seems like they are going for some sort of wrestling machine angle, kind of like what they did with Kurt Angle. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the first ever Women's Hell in a Cell match will be happening in 2 and a half weeks.. Not sure what to think of it really.

On the one hand I think it is cool as for the first time in a decade a Hell in a Cell match will feel special and fresh, but on the other I'm just concerned it will be a regular singles match just with a cage around the ring. 

Women's matches aren't hardcore, I mean the most hardcore thing they do is throw one another into the barricade. They don't really do chair shots, or stair spots, or table spots, or ladder spots, or have Cage matches, or No DQ matches.. It just feels like one almighty leap to go from regular singles matches and tag matches to a Hell in a Cell match. 

Maybe they will prove me wrong and it will be absolutely brutal and likely more shocking because the Women never use weapons, but part of me just thinks it will be a regular match just with a large structure around the ring. 

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I see Goldberg is coming back to fight Brock Lesnar, do they not remember Goldberg last WWE match was one of worst of all time between these 2 and Goldberg is rusty as it gets

I think a lot of their match at Wrestlemania 20 was political. Both were out of contract and unhappy in the WWE so they protested on the grandest stage of them all by putting on one of the worst matches in history. I think even a rusty Goldberg would put on a better match now than they did 12 years ago. 

The Women's HIAC is a curious one, it would be nice if they made a statement and the, ahem, toys came out. They could also put on a very good match even if the toys don't come out - but yeah, then what would be the point of it being a HIAC? Someone just needs to be chucked off the top through the Spanish announcement table, let's be honest.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hogso said:

The Women's HIAC is a curious one, it would be nice if they made a statement and the, ahem, toys came out. They could also put on a very good match even if the toys don't come out - but yeah, then what would be the point of it being a HIAC? Someone just needs to be chucked off the top through the Spanish announcement table, let's be honest.

I agree.

This match between Sasha Banks and Charlotte needs to be the Women's defining match in Hell in a Cell, the one that 20 years from now WWE pull highlights from like they do Undertaker vs Mankind or Triple H vs Cactus Jack now.

It also needs to redefine what Women can do in WWE. I mean right now Women's matches are just too tame because they never use weapons, every match is a singles match or a tag match with no stipulation. This Hell in a Cell match needs to be a real one with weapons, fighting outside, escaping the cell, climbing all over it.. Maybe falling off is too extreme especially given Sasha nearly dies every time she does a dive through the ropes, but it has to be a defining match for the division. 

So basically you're saying give Sasha a barbwire bat, Charlotte thumbtacks, and set fire to the Spanish annouce table and then have someone go through it? Agree.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

I see Goldberg is coming back to fight Brock Lesnar, do they not remember Goldberg last WWE match was one of worst of all time between these 2 and Goldberg is rusty as it gets

Goldberg was always a very limited wrestler but he could pull off his limited move set very well. He's one of the most powerful guys to ever wrestle, I've seen him Jackhammer Big Show and military press Batista above his head. 

However at 50 years old (or whatever he is) it's highly unlikely he will be able to pull off feats of strength like that anymore, so I struggle to see what he's actually going to do in the ring other than a spear.  

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I don't like having a Hell In A Cell pay per view, I reckon they should be rare matches to complete particularly brutal feuds, not used like this.  As for Goldberg, I never really saw the fuss in the first place, I'd much rather they got Kurt Angle or CM Punk back.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like survivor series i hope they start going back to 4 on 4 matches they were epic

This year there's going to be Raw vs Smackdown:

5 on 5 top superstars

5 on 5 tag team

5 on 5 women.

Â