• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

It may not have affected the game and it wasn't the reason we lost but what utter crap from the officials again. It's not much to ask to have fair refs, that penalty decision was a joke and he must have seen it because he was looking right at it and waved it away. Joke. I could see from where I was sitting (at the opposite end) that it was a penalty.

sign of a great team - can break down defences and take their chances

sign of an average team - play the tough luck card, blame the ref etc....

spot on.

sad fact is ...the individual skill factor is low and it is not sufficient to support the undoubted endeavour.

Well it depends, if it's Warnock or Cuellar who both were very good who were taken off with 15 minutes then I wouldn't care because were going for a goal. If we were leading 1-0, then I'd be annoyed if Petrov was going off because when were leading, his type of defensive game is suited and I'd take Carew off and go 4-5-1 with Delph in the middle, but when we needed a goal and were being hit on the break, I'd like more energy in the middle, would have made a difference? most likely no but it also doesn't take a genius to work out that's there's a high, high, high chance that Petrov won't do anything to get us back in the game either so therefore taking him off would have at worst, give us abit more energy in the middle even if possibly Delph isn't as good

Blimey, I didn't think you'd come out with more tosh to defend your position than you already had but you did.

Yes, well done, you can come up with any kind of excuse to defend any kind of position (which you have done); sorry that it doesn't run with your Petrov campaign. It's a shame that you don't actually appear to appreciate what you think of some of our players but you actually went today so...

I'm allowed to voice an opinion, thanks....anyhow...

Friedel - 7 - Average - nothing he could do really.

Cuellar - 7.5 - Passing was good and defended really well against Malouda.

Dunne - 7 - Solid

Collins - 7 - Solid

Warnock - 8 - I thought he was very good and some excellent blocks and tackles.

Petrov - 7.5 - Played well and controlled midfield for most of the game but tired later on.

Milner - 6.5 - Looked leggy for alot of the game, tried to create but just couldn't find that spark.

Young - 6 - one of his more dissapointing performances when we needed a display

Downing - 6.5 - Like Milner, played okay but just not enough in his game today.

Carew - 7 - Worked hard, good touch but without looking threatening

Gabby - See Carew.

We played really well for most of the game and the scoreline really doesn't do the game justice. I'm not happy about that penalty decision but is it any surprise? Referees always favour the big clubs.

Oh well, season isn't over. We need to go out there on Wednesday and take out the frustration on Everton.

UTV

Also, my man of the match was Petrov.

So, actually, the only time you really complain is when circumstances justify your prejudicial opinion? Wow. That's really crap.

But I do like Petrov, i'd have nothing to moan about if he came off when he's visibly tired.

**** nonsense. You complain that anything that he does which isn't perfect is due to 'tiredness'. You are specifically looking for him to do something wrong in the last 30 minutes of a game so you can repeat the 'Petrov tires' stuff.

You say that he was 'excellent for 70-75 mintues' today.

How would you have reacted to any other player being substituted by O'Neill after playing excellently for 70/75 minutes? You'd have panned him, wouldn't you?

Snowy are you saying you dont think that Petrov tires on is dead on his feet after 70 mins

Well it depends, if it's Warnock or Cuellar who both were very good who were taken off with 15 minutes then I wouldn't care because were going for a goal. If we were leading 1-0, then I'd be annoyed if Petrov was going off because when were leading, his type of defensive game is suited and I'd take Carew off and go 4-5-1 with Delph in the middle, but when we needed a goal and were being hit on the break, I'd like more energy in the middle, would have made a difference? most likely no but it also doesn't take a genius to work out that's there's a high, high, high chance that Petrov won't do anything to get us back in the game either so therefore taking him off would have at worst, give us abit more energy in the middle even if possibly Delph isn't as good

Blimey, I didn't think you'd come out with more tosh to defend your position than you already had but you did.

Yes, well done, you can come up with any kind of excuse to defend any kind of position (which you have done); sorry that it doesn't run with your Petrov campaign. It's a shame that you don't actually appear to appreciate what you think of some of our players but you actually went today so...

Don't see why he should have to defend his position. If he thinks Stan tires, like many including me, then thats his view. You might disagree and your perfectly entitled to it. Its not a Stan campaign its just a view on our team from someone who seems like a pretty died in the wool supporter to me.

I would prefer to see NRC start because I would much rather have his energy. Many wouldn't but it doesn't mean they are on a campaign it just means that they view the game differently.

Why do you have to have a go at him because he has a different view to you. Why don't you try and counter him with you view and evidence of how he didn't tire in the last 30 and how Milner didn't have to drop in deep because Stan was dominating in there??

We all wanted Villa to win today and break the top but football is subjective and there will be many different ideas of how to achieve it. Thats why discussion forums work supposedly.

I'm allowed to voice an opinion, thanks...

Of course you are and you have and someone else has criticized that opinion.

Sounds like everyone got a shot and we've all had our fill.

Leave it with that then!

Anyway, I'm just thankful to my Dad he bought me up a Villa fan and not a Chelsea fan. I'd rather lose 10-0 with that atmosphere than be a Chelsea fan and win. They were horrific.

Missed the match - Working.

Walked into a pub of Spurs supporters.

Got a very warm reception. They were gobsmacked by how well we had played, and then how badly we'd been stiffed.

Didn't know the score before going into the pub.

Their sympathy was genuine - It softened the blow a bit.

Just got back in. I'm feeling completely gutted right now and am not sure where to begin. The lads really did give it their all and in all honesty we deserved something from that match. However, I just want to sum up a few of my opinions of today and the match:

1) Our support was brilliant. The rendition of "My Old Man" that went on for about five minutes was brilliant. Plus the crowd were going absolutely mental where I was sitting and we were all singing our hearts out.

2) The Chelsea supporters were a disgrace. Quiet throughout 95% of the game and they really are part-time supporters. I also noticed quite a few Chelsea supporters trying to cause trouble after the match. One came right up to my face (for no apparent reason) and started singing "Chelsea Chelsea". I replied with a smile and by asking where this support was in the ground. They really are a smug bunch and don't have a bloody clue....

3) The pitch was bloody awful, again.

4) The ref cost us once again. I'm not putting the entire blame for the result on the ref. However, he did play a big part in my opinion. It was a clear penalty. Plus both Deco and Terry were extremely lucky to have remained on the pitch. Poor officiating in our two trips to Wembley this season has cost us dearly. Will anything be done about it? Not a chance in my opinion as we were playing members of the 'big four'.

5) We are still lacking that cutting edge upfront. Other than the ref, the main difference between us today was that extra quality that Chelsea had. They get chances and put them away. We struggled to create and on the rare occasions we did, there wasn't anyone there to put the ball in the back of the net. Our lack of movement at times still amazes me.

6) Despite this lack of a cutting edge, I thought we matched Chelsea for most of the game. Infact, I would go as far as saying that we were the better side in the first half.

7) MON once again showed that he has no plan B. The only change he could come up with was Heskey coming on. Poor decision and I'm still not sure why he took Carew off. Despite looking a bit tired, Carew was still holding the ball up quite well and winning little flick-ons. Not sure why he didn't use Delph and Delf to inject a bit of life into the team.

8 ) One more thing regarding the Chelsea supporters. There were Chelsea supporters in the Villa end up in the middle stand (club Wembley seats are whatever they are) that were giving stick to us Villa supporters. This really needs to be sorted out. It won't be though as all the FA cares about is money...

I think those points pretty much sum up my feelings on todays match. I am proud of the lads today and feel that we were unlucky. However, we still lack that extra bit of quality. This summer needs to be a big one in the transfer market for us, or we could start slipping backwards.

Anyway, it was another nice day out at Wembley, although as with the last one it all ended on a sad note. We will bounce back though and hopefully go on to bigger and better things. I'm proud to be a Villan today. Despite not having endless sums of money we have a club and team to be proud of. With slight improvements we could see brighters times in the future.

Despite the fact that I don't like the new Wembley I was becoming fond of our new home. We'll be back next year. UTV!

Snowy are you saying you dont think that Petrov tires on is dead on his feet after 70 mins

I'm saying the 'fact' that Petrov's legs become concrete posts on 60 minutes is an internet myth.

Does that mean that it is never the case that Stan tires late in a game? No, of course not.

What it means is that this inanity that Petrov is 'shot' the moment the hour is up is fallacious bollocks, perpetuated, mostly, by those who are not fans of Petrov, but also reinforced by those who have heard that and looked hard and long for anything which reinforces the opinion.

Regarding club Wembley I thought you could wear colours but not cause any problems and not celebrate and goad the fans below when you score. There were a few chavski 'fans' doing this but when a bloke notified the steward alls he said was it isn't segregated.

NRC is not fit hence why he wasn't in the squad so he wasn't an option!

Didn't say he was today, my comment was meant as a general view. I thought Stan was probably our best player in the first half but had no influence second half. I don't blame him, I think MON just has to recognise that he hasn't got the engine and either needs more help in there (3 man CM) or subbing after he has run his heart out. Especially when he is up against a central three the quality of Chelski's three (or Man U or Everton on Wednesday).

At this point, i dont have a lot to say about the game or pretty much how the season looks like ending.

BUT, i enjoyed today more than the cup final, mainly as the atmosphere was 10 times better. My voice was going in the first half, the noise around block 527 where i was was deafening at times. The weather and it was just a nicer day out.

Up the Villa.

we were pretty crap as were they. was never a 3-0 game but i just couldnt envisage us getting an equaliser at any stage. regardless, our fans were magnificent today, miles better than the atmosphere for the CC final. the 10 minutes of solid 'My Old Man....' was amazing. as Oaks said, quality day out despite the result.