• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

Webb did far more than just deny us the penalty. I'm certainly not going to suggest that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game because I can't prove that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game. But we got **** all from him today and they got plenty, not only with the free kicks they should have got but also with the free kicks that we didn't get.

'Top ref' my arse.

maybe sooner than later people will realise that english football is as corrupt at the top levels as italy or greece.

just got back from the match. i have five words

this is no plan b!

why on earth after 80 minutes take off carew and bring on heskey? me and jon were talking about this. if he was going to bring heskey on dont take off carew for gods sake! we went even more negative when we should have been chasing for a goal. it was shocking and again mon is left tactically clueless while ancolotti changes the game with his subs.

and please do not get me started on that incompetent clown webb. how on gods green earth wa sthat not a penalty? seriously this is getting ridiclous and both games the big decisions have gone against us and im seriously getting fed of it. really its a disgrace.

thought ahsley younds delivery today was abysmal. very poor. milner and stan impressed me. i think collins was again defensively terrible. sliding all over the place. DROP HIM NOW. and getting a view of the wembley pitch god it was awful.

but have to say the villa support was magnificent today, really proud. teh chelsea chavs were quieter than a closed libruary

Martin O'Neill is as right as Moses, put it this way, and this is what i would have contained in his rant.

If you can't expect a decent and reasonable body of policing a game in a professional manner and trust those people to make the right decisions in a fair and just manner in favour of both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What is the point,....all those people that have paid all that money to go and watch there team, hoping for the best, all those people that got over excited waiting for the game to kick of on the box and all the lads that sweated b*ll*x as you can see by Gabby's demonstration when the ref refused the penalty, he looked like a kid in a supermarket who's mum as said "No you can't have those crisps"...all of that and the game has been blighted....................He's right.....a friggin disgrace. And And And Twice in one season.

So many bloody gloryhogging plastic fans on here, We were brilliant today, and had the majority of the game in our favour until the last ten minutes.

And don't get me started on Howard Webb and the Penalty Incident - he's a disgrace.

Terry and Deco should have seen red and Terry had the nerve to complain about the booking after the game? and Mikel eventually got a booking after 3 fouls.

Gutted, again. But still proud of the team and the support at Wembley - sounded like we outsung the Chelsea fans all the way through. UTV

Wasn't at the game, did watch it on the box and it sounded that way, did anybody see the Chelsea fan give the Nazi salute, either that or he's got bad arthritis

Gutted, again. But still proud of the team and the support at Wembley - sounded like we outsung the Chelsea fans all the way through. UTV

This is my reaction too, absolutely - having watched on tv at stupid o'clock here. Desparatelydisappointed, but immensely proud of the team and the fans who made it to Wembley, both times this season.

what crap, I was there as was at least 5/6 people around me saying the exact same ...

Well done for being there. Does that give more weight to your 'Petrov tires on 60 minutes' mantra than that you repeat it after virtually every game?

Yes, you don't dislike Petrov but yadda, yadda....

It's not Petrov's fault, it's O'Neill's for not taking him off.

Petrov as I've said was excellent for 70-75 minutes but when we were chasing the game and Chelsea were breaking, he clearly couldn't keep up and should of been changed.

Saying that, until the goal, whatever minute it was, we were the better team and I'm very proud and aswell as the support, anyone by block 533 or even close, thank you for making it a brilliant day, didn't sit down once and was singing throughout.

I'd take a loss with that support to winning with that support (Chelsea) anyday,

Petrov as I've said was excellent for 70-75 minutes but when we were chasing the game and Chelsea were breaking, he clearly couldn't keep up and should of been changed.

I have to say that I think you're talking the normal rubbish that you talk with respect to Petrov. And, as usual, you are trying to sneak out of it by saying, "Look I do like Petrov really because I say he plays well for a while - but he's always shit in the last 10/15/20/25/30/35 minutes and he's always responsible for us being shit in that time."

Perhaps Petrov was running his bollocks off all game and doesn't quite have the engine to run those goulies off at the end of the game (though I didn't see that much to suggest that); perhaps you're just looking for any example that Petorv doesn't live up to the highest of standards at the end of a game; perhaps we were, eventually, overrun by Chelski's midfield when it seemed we'd almost given up the game.

But, go on, make sure you let us all know that it was down to Petrov (whether it was down to how he played or whether or not MON took him off).

I have to say that I think you're talking the normal rubbish that you talk with respect to Petrov. And, as usual, you are trying to sneak out of it by saying, "Look I do like Petrov really because I say he plays well for a while - but he's always shit in the last 10/15/20/25/30/35 minutes and he's always responsible for us being shit in that time."

Perhaps Petrov was running his bollocks off all game and doesn't quite have the engine to run those goulies off at the end of the game (though I didn't see that much to suggest that); perhaps you're just looking for any example that Petorv doesn't live up to the highest of standards at the end of a game; perhaps we were, eventually, overrun by Chelski's midfield when it seemed we'd almost given up the game.

But, go on, make sure you let us all know that it was down to Petrov (whether it was down to how he played or whether or not MON took him off).

There's another angle to this. Petrov gets knackered like today, because he's playing against three central midfielders and Villa HAVE to get the ball to our wide men to counter the 4-5-1 that Chelsea prefer. Unfortunately, thanks to the inept crossing from Young and Downing, we don't have the opportunity to take the upper-hand by scoring goals from the crap crosses provided.

Should we cross the ball better, the likes of Petrov et al, would feel re-invigorated as scoring goals is a boost that players need as an end result. Obvious I know, but a point worth considering as to why Villa look tired.

I dont actually remember us having a single shot on target today?

I thought, up front we were really lacking a killer instinct, a player that thinks about where the second ball is going to land, a player that reacts and is on the same wavelength as his team mates.

We really do need a striker next season.

Watched it on the box - had to turn the sound down due to the Chelsea wankfest from all of the pundits and commentators... It was obvious who ITV wanted to win from the start.

I actually thought we played well but even though I can't knock Gabby or Carew for effort today - the one thing we lacked was a killer instinct.

If we had a striker with that little extra, that game would've been ours.

I agree, it never helps when the officials are blattently one-sided and I'm still in shock at the 'none' penalty and then the persistant cynical fouls that broke up our play.

Terry is a CNUT - simple as... his tackle was a disgrace. He's doing well to turn around his public image.... I hope to god he doesn't score the winning goal in the World Cup - I couldn't take cheering the ****.

As for the calls for subs - i'd like to ask, who for who???

Heskey for Carew - well, Heskey has the experience if nothing else!

The Fonz? Maybe for Downing but he put himself around well today

Petrov off for.......????? We have no one (not Sidders and too much for young Delph - they'd have kicked lumps out of him and he'd get a red for tackling back!)

I'm not angry at Villa or MON today - we played well but subjected to an unjustified scoreline and leanient officials....

Were have I said it's all down to Petrov that we lost or even any of the result is his fault?

I was watching the game, I had an amazing view and him and Milner aswell were both looking exhausted hence why in the match thread (Everton) I've said I'd rest them both. Thought of both of them worked their bollocks off but in the last 15-20 minutes were dead on their feet, most people could see that. I'd rather it be Petrov going off though because when you need a goal, Milner possibly can just create something more or get a goal.

Sorry if I think and have done for a whole season that Petrov generally gets tired and it happened in the final of the CC aswell where Valencia drifted past of him for the goal, guess you didn't notice that either?

It's probably more noticeable than any other player because he's a defensive midfielder but with 10 minutes to go, I don't know why he didn't change it just to freshen things up and Delph does add something creative in there. Also why Heskey, I don't know when you need a goal. Okay if it's 0-0 or your protecting something but not losing.

Despite the non penalty, it wasn't down to to the ref that we didn't have a meaningful shot on target for the rest of the game, nor that once again we totally gave up at the end. As for bringing on Heskey - how inspirational. Not.

O'Neill clearly doesn't have the tactical or motivational ability required at the highest level. I hope he does the decent thing and pushes off at the end of the season.