• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

There was even an argument that a third Chelsea player could have been dismissed. After Terry had implanted his studs on Milner's calf, Webb waved play on as Stiliyan Petrov had possession. Deco pulled him back. Now Webb halted play and Terry saw a yellow card. Webb should then have booked Deco; play was live when the Portuguese fouled Petrov as Webb had allowed the advantage. Deco had already been cautioned and would have been dismissed.

I also thought that as well. One of them should have gone at the very least.

It's a joke it took Mikel 80+ minutes to get booked also, it wasn't the major decisions Webb got wrong, it was the fact he never allowed for an even playing field. By allowing Chelsea players room to get away with so many fouls.

As for the calls for subs - i'd like to ask, who for who???

Heskey for Carew - well, Heskey has the experience if nothing else!

The Fonz? Maybe for Downing but he put himself around well today

im still fuming about this. i think webb was worse than foy. at least foy awarded the pen and this one looked for blatent.

as for the subs well he could ahve taken carlos off played milner rb and put heskey or fonz alongside carew and gabby. but he went negative and took our most dangerous goal scorer off.

that was a joke from mon

the thing is, by booking the player webb is admitting that he saw the challenge and deemed it worthy of punishment - which proves he is a w@nk ref because his judgement is bad.

look at terry's reaction afterwards too - he knows he is going off for it.

i think the point is that mon doesnt give the players that he has the best chance of competing, not that the defeat is the managers fault.

Sorry what do you mean by that?

you were attacking another post, i said what i feel the other poster was trying to convey, in an albeit over-the-top way. if you dont get what i mean then ignore it i'm not going to spell it out or draw pictures.

Thats great respond with a point and then don't explain it - well done

The OP was clearly indicating the defeat WAS the manager's fault and you seem to agree by saying that MON doesn't give his players 'the best chance of competing'

Now draw **** pictures if you like but explain what you mean by that statement

For the second time in a fortnight Chelsea defeated Aston Villa by a margin that hardly reflected the balance of play. Two weeks ago it was a flurry of late goals that brought about Villa's biggest ever Premier League defeat by 7-1. This time there were two in the last few minutes by Florent Malouda and Frank Lampard to distort the scoreline after Didier Drogba's 32nd goal of the season had put the holders in front with three-quarters of the game played.

Before that Villa, 20 points behind in the League table, showed no sign of inferiority or psychological damage and were the better side early on, when they were harshly denied a penalty. But overall they did not create enough scoring chances and were unable to gainsay John Terry's suggestion that they tend to fade late on.

Martin O'Neill must now attempt to ensure that the same does not apply to their season as a whole again – they play Everton on Wednesday – while Chelsea, through to their third final in four years, retain hopes of a first League and Cup double.

link

Independent sum my feelings in the first two paragraphs.

From another angle he gets nowhere near the ball

11vitko.gif

See how he tries to feign an injury, what makes me laugh was the whole national outcry about Shawcross's challenge, Talksports Adrian Durham made a song and dance about it, this will be brushed under the carpet.

From another angle he gets nowhere near the ball

11vitko.gif

This was hilarious on the commentary I was watching - the incomparable Martin Tyler no less!

This was the angle they were showing in their replays and it was all about "Terry clearly got the ball" and "Milner clattered into him". Now to put it in perspective, they were watching the ball in the replay (as I was) and not Milner's other leg.

They then showed the replay from the other angle. Their silence was damning.

For the second time in a fortnight Chelsea defeated Aston Villa by a margin that hardly reflected the balance of play. Two weeks ago it was a flurry of late goals that brought about Villa's biggest ever Premier League defeat by 7-1. This time there were two in the last few minutes by Florent Malouda and Frank Lampard to distort the scoreline after Didier Drogba's 32nd goal of the season had put the holders in front with three-quarters of the game played.

Before that Villa, 20 points behind in the League table, showed no sign of inferiority or psychological damage and were the better side early on, when they were harshly denied a penalty. But overall they did not create enough scoring chances and were unable to gainsay John Terry's suggestion that they tend to fade late on.

Martin O'Neill must now attempt to ensure that the same does not apply to their season as a whole again – they play Everton on Wednesday – while Chelsea, through to their third final in four years, retain hopes of a first League and Cup double.

link

Independent sum my feelings in the first two paragraphs.

Yeah, I think that sums it up for me as well.

We were the better side for long periods without creating clear cut chances

Terry is an absolute disgrace of a man. Words cant describe how much i despise him. I wish he did'nt play for England. If he scores the winner in the World Cup final i wouldnt know whether to laugh or cry.

sign of a great team - can break down defences and take their chances

sign of an average team - play the tough luck card, blame the ref etc....

Not really, is it so much to ask for a referee to do thier job properly? If he had done so and the scoreline the same then i'd quite happily so fair play to chelsea.