• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

Despite the non pemalty, it wasn't down to to the ref that we didn't have meaningful shot on target for the rest of the game, nor that once again we totally gave up at the end. As for bringing on Heskey - how inspirational. Not.

O'Neill clearly doesn't have the tactical or motivational ability required at the highest level. I hope he does the decent thing and pushes off at the end of the season.

Yeah lets hope that the manager leaves at the end of the year rather than get behind him and the team so we can try and finish fourth this year. That is still an achievable goal right?!

With any luck it will be the "fans" like yourself who push off at the end of the year so the team can get the support they deserve, rather than some of the miserable moaning bitches that we have currently.

Sorry if I think and have done for a whole season that Petrov generally gets tired

Actaully, you've pretty much repeated it (and rounded upon it) throughout the season.

Your nonsense of 'I never said it's all down to him' is claptrap as you've concentrated in virtually every game on any problem you could find in Petrov's performance (you might have ignored him in the odd game but still) but most especially whenever anyone might 'pass' him in the final quarter of a game.

It's probably more noticeable than any other player because you're looking for it. You are looking for him to fail and almost salivating (look, look, I told you so!) when or if he does.

Fine, you don't like Petrov - just own up to yourself in that; thereafter, we might take some of your Petrov comments more seriously.

and who the **** is going to take over.....really? take a breath.

Somebody better than O'Neill. Which gives us quite a few people to choose from.

Can't wait to see your hit list, hope it is a realistic one.

Just back now. Did well for first 60 minutes but again Chelsea just overpowered us. Need something else when Young doesn't have the best game as our attack is toothless otherwise.

Petrov and Milner in a two does not work. It is a myth that Petrov gets tired, he gets stuck with 3 midfield players when Milner wonders off and the attack breaks down. It was no co-incidence last week that Petrov and Delph conbtrolled the midfield right up to the 90 minutes. Granted the opposition wasn't the best (not as good as today anyway) but I felt we should have had three in there today. I thought Petrov was one of our best players along with Cuellar (not a right back though) and Warnock )who had his best game for us today).

Dunne looked jaded (injury no doubt) and it was a poor header that lead to their first, Collins was fine. That midfield needs sorting as it really can't play against the top sides who play like Chelsea.

So many bloody gloryhogging plastic fans on here, We were brilliant today, and had the majority of the game in our favour until the last ten minutes.

And don't get me started on Howard Webb and the Penalty Incident - he's a disgrace.

Terry and Deco should have seen red and Terry had the nerve to complain about the booking after the game? and Mikel eventually got a booking after 3 fouls.

What a load of shite !

You don't win anything for playing tippytoe football but not having a **** shot in 90 mins.

We may have had the majority of the game today but sorry but I'd rather have had the minority of the game and won 1-0.

Sorry if I think and have done for a whole season that Petrov generally gets tired

Actaully, you've pretty much repeated it (and rounded upon it) throughout the season.

Your nonsense of 'I never said it's all down to him' is claptrap as you've concentrated in virtually every game on any problem you could find in Petrov's performance (you might have ignored him in the odd game but still) but most especially whenever anyone might 'pass' him in the final quarter of a game.

It's probably more noticeable than any other player because you're looking for it. You are looking for him to fail and almost salivating (look, look, I told you so!) when or if he does.

Fine, you don't like Petrov - just own up to yourself in that; thereafter, we might take some of your Petrov comments more seriously.

But I do like Petrov, i'd have nothing to moan about if he came off when he's visibly tired.

Although point taken it sticks in my mind, saying that, I don't like Cuellar at right back and will usually say if I thought he mis-placed passes etc...but he didn't, so i'll only bring it up if I believe it happened, which it did happen.

I had a go at John Carew almost every game earlier in the season because he couldn't be bothered and his touch was poor? I wanted rid of him.....am I doing it now or in past couple months? No, because it's not happening so it's not just Petrov, if it didn't happen then I wouldn't mention. I say it every game because I see it happens every game but we never do anything about it, still i'm allowed to question it aren't I when it is something that does happen? unless I'm blind and got the players number and names mixed up.

I don't think it's Petrov's fault, it's nothing personal with him but it's O'Neill should take him off but I believe he doesn't because he likes for his captain to be out on the pitch every game and every minute. I actually believe Petrov was one of our best players today along with Warnock but I still think he gets tired, whether that's his fault because of Milner drifting is another debate, he tires, although when your leading, it's easier because your defending more and playing more zonally and when you break, Petrov like he should do can sit back and feed the ball out to the other players to move forward, whereas if your losing, Petrov has to be up to support and then get back defensively so it takes it's toll especially against quality like Chelsea.

Ashley Young was dissapointing today, his end product was really poor despite a good couple weeks, Strikers worked hard but didn't really look like scoring, while Downing needs to be more direct.

the defence was fine, can't blame anyone for Chelsea's last two goals as we were pushing forward and it's expected.

So, actually, the only time you really complain is when circumstances justify your prejudicial opinion? Wow. That's really crap.

But I do like Petrov, i'd have nothing to moan about if he came off when he's visibly tired.

**** nonsense. You complain that anything that he does which isn't perfect is due to 'tiredness'. You are specifically looking for him to do something wrong in the last 30 minutes of a game so you can repeat the 'Petrov tires' stuff.

You say that he was 'excellent for 70-75 mintues' today.

How would you have reacted to any other player being substituted by O'Neill after playing excellently for 70/75 minutes? You'd have panned him, wouldn't you?

So many bloody gloryhogging plastic fans on here, We were brilliant today, and had the majority of the game in our favour until the last ten minutes.

And don't get me started on Howard Webb and the Penalty Incident - he's a disgrace.

Terry and Deco should have seen red and Terry had the nerve to complain about the booking after the game? and Mikel eventually got a booking after 3 fouls.

What a load of shite !

You don't win anything for playing tippytoe football but not having a **** shot in 90 mins.

We may have had the majority of the game today but sorry but I'd rather have had the minority of the game and won 1-0.

Shite indeed. They had something like 60 odd percent of possession second half, and we didn't manage a single decent effort on goal all match. Then the players gave up, again. Brilliant my arse.

What a load of shite !

Carew was making Chelsea struggle and had at least 3 or 4 chances, I'm I'd rather have MON as the gaffer than anyone else at this point.

What a load of shite !

Carew was making Chelsea struggle and had at least 3 or 4 chances, I'm I'd rather have MON as the gaffer than anyone else at this point.

yeah, ok!

So, actually, the only time you really complain is when circumstances justify your prejudicial opinion? Wow. That's really crap.

**** nonsense. You complain that anything that he does which isn't perfect is due to 'tiredness'. You are specifically looking for him to do something wrong in the last 30 minutes of a game so you can repeat the 'Petrov tires' stuff.

You say that he was 'excellent for 70-75 mintues' today.

How would you have reacted to any other player being substituted by O'Neill after playing excellently for 70/75 minutes? You'd have panned him, wouldn't you?

Well it depends, if it's Warnock or Cuellar who both were very good who were taken off with 15 minutes then I wouldn't care because were going for a goal. If we were leading 1-0, then I'd be annoyed if Petrov was going off because when were leading, his type of defensive game is suited and I'd take Carew off and go 4-5-1 with Delph in the middle, but when we needed a goal and were being hit on the break, I'd like more energy in the middle, would have made a difference? most likely no but it also doesn't take a genius to work out that's there's a high, high, high chance that Petrov won't do anything to get us back in the game either so therefore taking him off would have at worst, give us abit more energy in the middle even if possibly Delph isn't as good.

Again, in one of my posts, I said Heskey why did he come, it's okay if your protecting a lead or if it's a draw but when you need a goal? stupid. Different games need different subsitutions. I think the only suprise out of the 90 minutes was the fact Sidwell didn't come on for Downing and that says alot when I reckon half the Villa fanbase could tell you the starting 11 and subs to be made before a ball has even been kicked!!

Although I will repeat because it sounds negative, I thought we played really well and were the better team up until the goal.

Should of had a penalty and also although we didn't have a shot, Carew was an inch away from scoring from a cross.

Gutted!

Thought we did ok up to the first goal and then we ran out of ideas because we had to take the game to them.

We seem to put the ball into an area in the box rather than aiming it to someone in particular which is frustrating!

Poor tactics from MON. Chelsea had used 3 subs by the time we made our first. Would have loved to have seen Delph and Delf on the pitch at 1-0 with their energy but all we got was Heskey. Uninspiring and not going to change the game or get you a goal.

First we got done over by Phil Dowd and now Howard Webb! Better teams don't need any help but they seem to get it. Joke!

As for the Villa fans very good support and deserved better. Heard Chelsea's first song when they scored - plastics!

UTV - we lost to a good team who hopefully will go on and win the cup!

Just got back and I am gutted as those who saw me after the game would have seen.

We dominated for 60-70 minutes but didn't create nothing so that was pretty useless. We didn't have one clear cut shot on target and preferred to just pass it around for a while. Chelsea had us on a plate and were happy to soak up the pressure to make us tired and hit us in the last 20 minutes which they did with three goals.

Bringing Heskey on to try and find an equaliser to force the game into extra time says it all really - we don't have the squad to compete with Chelsea or even with the likes of Man City, Tottenham, Everton et al.

We may get into the top four at one point but we sure as hell won't stay there if we are bringing Heskey on to try find a goal.

Just a very disappointing game where we should have made more of our dominating period. That is all. Didn't think anyone in particular had a shocker and no one had a great game either.

It was good to go down to Wembley again and let's hope that this is the start of a new era where we will actually compete in the domestic cups.

At the end of the day we got further than all but three other teams that entered this competition. Two of which are better than us with one challenging for the league.

We won't win a game against Chelsea if we don't have a shot. Simple. Delfouneso would have done more than Heskey.

Gutted.

oh - and great support from the lads again, really showed who have the real fans with support even when we were losing. Personal highlight of the day for me was 'my old man' being repeated about 6 times, with each time being louder than the one before.

Just got back.

Thought we were the better team over the 90, had a blatent penalty not given, but oh well we'll move on. Absoloutely fantastic support. I actually thought the Chelsea support was worse than Uniteds if I'm honest. I was right near the Chelsea fans and heard nothing until the 40th minute, then again when they went 1-0 up. No noise from the Chelsea boys just about summed it up.

Thought it was a great day out and enjoyed it far more than the Final. Probably because of the weather and it not having United involved.

What cracks me up is people like Risso only appear on this site when we lose to sound out his dislike for MON! You go on about Chelsea, before there goal what the hell did they do? It was stalemate, they got a bit of luck from an error by Dunne a mishit from cock boy? As for a decision, well I knew your take would be that and your views are getting very predictable, you go on about MON having no plan B but I'd say the same for you and your support for Villa!

Losing twice at wembley is nothing to be proud of, it just makes us bottlers.

We lost to the two best teams in the league if you hadn't noticed. Not the right term I'm afraid, especially the performances in both games.

It blatantly obvious that players like Petrov were **** after 60 minutes, but MON won't bring him off. Chelsea's players started to run ring round ours because they used their subs. And when he did finally pull his thumb out his arse, he brings on that useless lump of shit, why not give Delph and Delf a go? Try them for ****'s sake! They have got nothing to lose...

Well it depends, if it's Warnock or Cuellar who both were very good who were taken off with 15 minutes then I wouldn't care because were going for a goal. If we were leading 1-0, then I'd be annoyed if Petrov was going off because when were leading, his type of defensive game is suited and I'd take Carew off and go 4-5-1 with Delph in the middle, but when we needed a goal and were being hit on the break, I'd like more energy in the middle, would have made a difference? most likely no but it also doesn't take a genius to work out that's there's a high, high, high chance that Petrov won't do anything to get us back in the game either so therefore taking him off would have at worst, give us abit more energy in the middle even if possibly Delph isn't as good

Blimey, I didn't think you'd come out with more tosh to defend your position than you already had but you did.

Yes, well done, you can come up with any kind of excuse to defend any kind of position (which you have done); sorry that it doesn't run with your Petrov campaign. It's a shame that you don't actually appear to appreciate what you think of some of our players but you actually went today so...