• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

How can I prove to you what I see unless you have recorded and watch the game back.

D'oh. It's not a case of 'proving' anything and I think that thinking betrays where your problem lies.

You depend upon what you specifically see as indisputable fact; it isn't.

That you 'see' x, y or z does not mean that x, y or z actually happens.

You can't 'prove' that your opinion is correct because the facts might show other wise and other people might have a different opinion of the facts compared to your opinion of the facts.

You have a view; others have a view.

One may counter your view and point out that your view stays the same often regardless of the circumstances which, sometimes, suggests that a view isn't based upon facts or what happens but upon prejudice.

Yes but I don't say it every game, I say it when I see it happens, I don't look out for it but granted it probably stays in my head.

I point out a player's wrong doings when I believe it's happened like Carew and Cuellar, two easy examples this year. Warnock aswell i've given criticism for a few goals.

If I see 2/3 times, the Chelsea midfielder walk past Petrov then that for me shows he's tired, and that happened today, it's not his fault because he worked his socks off but when Petrov was clearly struggling with the pace when Chelsea broke, O'Neill should of added fresh legs.

Guest Ricardomeister

The Villa fans did the club proud today, as expected, totally drowning out the plastic cockneys. I've almost lost my voice!

On the pitch, everything was very predictable.

A totally predictable formation.

The incompetent Howard Webb somehow misses a stonewall penalty when even Chelsea fans and John Terry agree it was a penalty.

We matched them for the first half but faded again in the second.

We huffed and puffed but were ineffectual going forward and Cech didn't have any saves of note to make.

MON had no plan B again and again failed to use his subs bench (only subbing Emule for an injured Carew with less than 10 minutes to go) even though we did not look like scoring.

Ultimately it was a very comfortable win for Chelsea and still would have been even if it had stayed 1-0.

I can't fault the team for effort but ultimately we went out with a whimper and it would have been nice to at least really go for an equaliser by throwing Sidwell and Delfouneso on but to change nothing when we did not look remotely like scoring in the 2nd half was very disappointing.

UTV SOTC

MON was pissed off and rightly so. **** John Terry.

MON might be pissed off about this and the 'penalty', but I think its a very valuable diversion tactic or him.

Diversion from what?

Thats pretty obvious.

But if you need it spelt out...he is diverting attention from the abstract failure of his team to muster a single decent atempt on goal in 90 mins.

He is diverting attention from the fact that despite his captain being being absolutely knackered, he was unable to change things and bring some fresh legs to the team when they badly needed it.

He is diverting attention from the fact that our best hope of rescuing the game was to bring on **** Heskey.

He is diverting attention from the fact that he is tactically inept, and when push comes to shove and when we REALLY,REALLY need a result, HIS team is not good enough.

Whats the point in having players on the bench. When does MON ever make an unusal substitution. We can pretty much call them beofre the game has kicked off. Ancelotti used his subs and the only one MON made was **** Heskey and that was with 10 mins or so to go. I have seen some decent managers down VP and some god awful ones too but I would struggle to think of any manager we have had who is worse at substitutions to try and change a game than MON.

Yes but I don't say it every game...

Of course you don't.

All but... :bang::bang::bang:

I've probably said it in about half of the games this season.

Just like when Cuellar plays RB, as Chindie most likely will know, I don't like but he was good today and so was his passing, so it's not just a use it every opportunity thing as you suggest.

There was a period of around five minutes in the second half when the crowd really came alive, it'd been a reasonable effort all game, but there were five minutes when it was electric. The players responded and stirringly so and we looked just then like we might make a breakthrough, it was us putting the pressure on, our team turning the screw, the crowd were alive, the players were alive and we were together, them and us; Villa. That's what I'll take from today.

At the end of this five minute period Chelsea scored. and there's a whole other lot of stuff to say about where we are as a team, but just for now I'll take that moment and that feeling. The rest can wait.

There was a period of around five minutes in the second half when the crowd really came alive, it'd been a reasonable effort all game, but there were five minutes when it was electric. The players responded and stirringly so and we looked just then like we might make a breakthrough, it was us putting the pressure on, our team turning the screw, the crowd were alive, the players were alive and we were together, them and us; Villa. That's what I'll take from today.

At the end of this five minute period Chelsea scored. and there's a whole other lot of stuff to say about where we are as a team, but just for now I'll take that moment and that feeling. The rest can wait.

It was a great feeling wasn't it. I've never seen so many Villa fans from all different parts of the ground singing in tandom. It was surreal

Just got back in. I'm feeling completely gutted right now and am not sure where to begin. The lads really did give it their all and in all honesty we deserved something from that match. However, I just want to sum up a few of my opinions of today and the match:

1) Our support was brilliant. The rendition of "My Old Man" that went on for about five minutes was brilliant. Plus the crowd were going absolutely mental where I was sitting and we were all singing our hearts out.

2) The Chelsea supporters were a disgrace. Quiet throughout 95% of the game and they really are part-time supporters. I also noticed quite a few Chelsea supporters trying to cause trouble after the match. One came right up to my face (for no apparent reason) and started singing "Chelsea Chelsea". I replied with a smile and by asking where this support was in the ground. They really are a smug bunch and don't have a bloody clue....

3) The pitch was bloody awful, again.

4) The ref cost us once again. I'm not putting the entire blame for the result on the ref. However, he did play a big part in my opinion. It was a clear penalty. Plus both Deco and Terry were extremely lucky to have remained on the pitch. Poor officiating in our two trips to Wembley this season has cost us dearly. Will anything be done about it? Not a chance in my opinion as we were playing members of the 'big four'.

5) We are still lacking that cutting edge upfront. Other than the ref, the main difference between us today was that extra quality that Chelsea had. They get chances and put them away. We struggled to create and on the rare occasions we did, there wasn't anyone there to put the ball in the back of the net. Our lack of movement at times still amazes me.

6) Despite this lack of a cutting edge, I thought we matched Chelsea for most of the game. Infact, I would go as far as saying that we were the better side in the first half.

7) MON once again showed that he has no plan B. The only change he could come up with was Heskey coming on. Poor decision and I'm still not sure why he took Carew off. Despite looking a bit tired, Carew was still holding the ball up quite well and winning little flick-ons. Not sure why he didn't use Delph and Delf to inject a bit of life into the team.

8 ) One more thing regarding the Chelsea supporters. There were Chelsea supporters in the Villa end up in the middle stand (club Wembley seats are whatever they are) that were giving stick to us Villa supporters. This really needs to be sorted out. It won't be though as all the FA cares about is money...

I think those points pretty much sum up my feelings on todays match. I am proud of the lads today and feel that we were unlucky. However, we still lack that extra bit of quality. This summer needs to be a big one in the transfer market for us, or we could start slipping backwards.

Anyway, it was another nice day out at Wembley, although as with the last one it all ended on a sad note. We will bounce back though and hopefully go on to bigger and better things. I'm proud to be a Villan today. Despite not having endless sums of money we have a club and team to be proud of. With slight improvements we could see brighters times in the future.

Despite the fact that I don't like the new Wembley I was becoming fond of our new home. We'll be back next year. UTV!

good post :clap: D

It sure was a good feeling when we all went wild. The whole thing went absolutely mental and it was like a giant party at Wembley. Some people were even turning around and singing up to the top tiers, thus meaning they were missing some football. Great feeling though as everyone was singing and jumping about all over the place. We really do have great support and we proved that today!

I've been going to the villa for nearly 40 years and been to all of our most recent wembley appearances.I can honestly say that todays support was the best i've ever witnessed....man we were loud!! I can barely talk ,I'm proud of all of ya!!

Villa till i die!!! :flag:

It sure was a good feeling when we all went wild. The whole thing went absolutely mental and it was like a giant party at Wembley. Some people were even turning around and singing up to the top tiers, thus meaning they were missing some football. Great feeling though as everyone was singing and jumping about all over the place. We really do have great support and we proved that today!

I agree.

I'm gutted I didn't video it, but hopefully there will be videos on youtube to remember it by!

My old man and the na na na na nanananana, VILLA! were so loud,

was sitting in block 533. Best match i've ever been too...and we lost, which says alot.

I had a mixed time today , enjoyed the day out shame about the result thought we played well up untill there goal , also thought gabbys hold up play was really good , just needs a good striker next to him ,

By far the best thing about the game was our support ,We were AMAZING !!! seriosley...

Someone mentioned cocky chelsea fans after the game , this one made me laugh ... walking down wembley way after the game this guy in front of me said in a loud voice " tickets for sale for the final in the Villa end"

Then this burly looking bloke in a villa shirt turned around went up to his face and said " Keep it **** Shut or else" you should have seen the backdown from mr chelsea HAHA " im sorry mate ,imsorry" tosser !!

here are a few pics i took today !!

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

BOF : Changed pics to links. They were too big.

Do those images want to be any bigger?! You nearly just killed my laptop.

But yeah, I thought Webb had a good game, apart from one decision, it was a shame it was the main one.

I don't think you can judge the game by the scoreline. The last 2 goals were simply because we threw everyone upfield, Richard Dunne was playing centre forward for the last 10.

Carlos had a good game, kept Malouda quiet and I thought Warnock had a cracking game.

The fans, well, singing My Old Man for about 5 minutes not stop was incredible. I've never experienced anything close to that, ever.