• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

i think the point is that mon doesnt give the players that he has the best chance of competing, not that the defeat is the managers fault.

Sorry what do you mean by that?

you were attacking another post, i said what i feel the other poster was trying to convey, in an albeit over-the-top way. if you dont get what i mean then ignore it i'm not going to spell it out or draw pictures.

I would not say we tired the last goas came on the conter when we trying to score. Up to 88 minutes they only had 1 real chance and they scored it, we kept them at bay for most of it.

Even if one of the decisons went our way it could of made a differenece as instead of it being 1-0 after 70 minutes. It could have been

1-1 with 11 vs 11

1-0 to Chelsea with Chelsea having 10 men

But it should of been

1-1 with Chelsea having 10 men, Alos it could of been 9 becuase Mikel or Deco could of been sent off.

Chelsea might not of scored if we had taken the lead.

sign of a great team - can break down defences and take their chances

sign of an average team - play the tough luck card, blame the ref etc....

spot on.

sad fact is ...the individual skill factor is low and it is not sufficient to support the undoubted endeavour.

United are having a good season aint they, given that they're 'average' in your eyes.

I'm not blaming the ref for the defeat, but when you're denied a blatent penalty and a red card isn't given (I haven't seen the tackle again, but that's what most are saying) then you can't really not blame the ref.

As for calling us 'bottlers'. We lost to United and Chelsea, get a **** grip.

We lost to United and Chelsea, get a **** grip.

We lost, at Wembley, to the two best teams in the country at the moment. That is a massive improvement from previous seasons, I think some people forget that.

Like someone said a few posts earlier - we have had our Wembley rehersals, bring it on for next season!

'We were beaten by a better team', which to some people seems to mean the better team should always win? If that was the case then why doesn't FIFA force us all to adopt some sort of points system akin to figure skating?

Football is about scoring goals. We lost the game because Chelsea scored 3 of them and we didn't get any. Would it have been different had we been awarded a penalty; of course it would! Even if the score had ended 7-1 again, at least we could all say the ref got that decision correct. We would still be suffering the same disappointment but not coupled with this frustration. To a point, the same can be said of the potential red card incidents. It may, or may not, have effected the game but we will never know, and that's what is so f**king annoying.

Only commenting this morning after breaking down on the M1 on the way home last night, shit end to the day!!

All I want to say is I am proud to be a villa fan, 2 trips to Wembley this season and we may have lost both but the support was amazing, as someone said before I have never experienced anything like it before and it makes me proud to be a villa fan when everyone says how good and loud our support was.

Thought the first half of the game was good, thought we could have pushed on and grabbed the lead, but Chelsea are world class and they know how to capitalise on other teams shortfalls and that's why they are challenging for the title.

Who knows what would have happened if refereeing decisions had gone our way but we can't dwell on that and I am happy with two trips to Wembley this season the warm up for the win next season!

I was immensely proud yesterday. Proud of the team and proud to be a Villa fan.

I was fortunate enough to be sitting about 10 rows behind the dug out, in the 'neutral' seats. The noise from the Villa faithful was 'awesome', as commented by a number of neutrals around me. Chelsea had a bunch of about 20 blokes trying to get their crowd going, but that didn't work until the 67th minute. The performance of our crowd was immense, and the shiver has only just about left my spine!

I thought the team were magnificent, and on another day would have won. My immediate after-match reaction was that 'the difference' between us and the (so-called) top 4 is a top class striker, in yesterday's case Drogba, but in all fairness we have players who can take advantage of a lucky break as well. Once again, it just wasn't our day.

This season we have had our Wembley rehearsals, next season we will taste Wembley glory.

Great post.

I woke today expecting to feel like shit, robbed again, but all i feel is pride.

The fans were fantastic yesterday. We showed what football is all about, supporting your team, and having a good time with it (I just cant get 'My old man' out of my head). I wonder how many of the Chelsea 'fans' have this feeling now?

We will be back, stronger next season, and better prepared for these kind of pressure situations.

UTV

Great posts I agree. We will learn from this and be better for it.

sign of a great team - can break down defences and take their chances

sign of an average team - play the tough luck card, blame the ref etc....

spot on.

sad fact is ...the individual skill factor is low and it is not sufficient to support the undoubted endeavour.

United are having a good season aint they, given that they're 'average' in your eyes.

I'm not blaming the ref for the defeat, but when you're denied a blatent penalty and a red card isn't given (I haven't seen the tackle again, but that's what most are saying) then you can't really not blame the ref.

As for calling us 'bottlers'. We lost to United and Chelsea, get a **** grip.

I don't think calling us bottlers is based on yesterday or the CC Final alone. Every time we've been presented with the chance to push on in the race for fourth place, both this and last season, we mess it up. We don't seem to cope very well when the pressure is on.

Well done for swearing in your post aswell.

I don't think calling us bottlers is based on yesterday or the CC Final alone. Every time we've been presented with the chance to push on in the race for fourth place, both this and last season, we mess it up. We don't seem to cope very well when the pressure is on.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Cheers. :thumb:

If Milner's other leg is on the ground that's clear leg break, Jimmy is a lucky boy. It was such an unnecessary tackle by Terry but since the referee did book him there can't be any retrospective punishment.

Wow I didn't notice his challenge was that bad! That's a straight red and add on the penalty we should have had in the first half surely it comes down to the disgraceful officials letting us down again.

I said to my Dad yesterday if we had Gerrard and Torres in our team yesterday we would have killed them!

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Cheers. :thumb:

:lol:

There was even an argument that a third Chelsea player could have been dismissed. After Terry had implanted his studs on Milner's calf, Webb waved play on as Stiliyan Petrov had possession. Deco pulled him back. Now Webb halted play and Terry saw a yellow card. Webb should then have booked Deco; play was live when the Portuguese fouled Petrov as Webb had allowed the advantage. Deco had already been cautioned and would have been dismissed.