• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

Why was there even 4 minutes added on?

Steve, that is not important. The game was already over. But I agree 4 min added was too much.

Your right it's just another frustration that almost every decision favoured Chelsea. There was no real reason for 4 added minutes 2 or 3 at best. 3-0 is flattering enough but I could handle 2-0 as the game was over by that point.

The thing for me is that for whatever reason i am finding it harder and harder to get excited about watching football, never been the kind of person thank ph*k that's held real bitter resentment against other teams and there players, always got to boiling point at the prospect of a world cup, all that seems to have gone and i was wondering why.

Today the reason was right before my eyes. Thought we was absolutely cheated v Man Utd in the final, Vidic should have gone of..that's it.

Today Gabby turned his player in the box for an absolute (forget stonewall) penalty AND you'd have a good shout for another sending of... at about the same point in the game he rogered Vidic v Man Utd.

The difference that first goal would have made is incalculable, Chelsea would have been chasing a game that until Dunne decided to put the ball Terry's way, we competed pretty well, but we all know when you play a top 4 side you need every break you can get, and once again IMO we where cheated.

Players: The season is drawing to a close for Villa and even 6th place looks remote, we could have had so much more!!!!!!!. Ashley Young, i won't say anymore than he has to be injured, he must be. Gabby did OK until about the 65th and then faded as did Carew, Downing????, thought Collins did well, thought Petrov did well and thought the midfield was every bit as good as Chelsea in the first half.

Point is i could not possibly watch the Semi tomorrow and no way could i watch a final between Spurs and Chelsea knowing that really we had that good a shout to being there, at what a game that would have been Villa v Spurs (assuming).

You have to take the game at its first instance and for me the influence of the ref over the result is overwhelming, that's putting me of watching the sport, a sport that unless it puts its house in order money and otherwise is destined for meltdown IMO.

so basically you are saying that milner is on par with messi and ronaldo, because they are two world class players, milner is my favourite villa player but im not gonna say he is world class when he clearly isnt, give me one occasion when he has changed the game for us on his own against a big side, world class players do this regularly on their own

No, sir, I am not. Those guys are a cut above even the world-class players. What I mean is that Milner can be a significant contributor on a world-class team. For example, does anyone doubt he's a potential match-winner for England in RSA? Bouts of inconsistency are a problem at his age, but he is the one and only true gem at this club, a player whom can realistically aim for the most lofty heights, and he's being wasted. Ironically, by the man for whom he has historically played his best football. It depresses me to the point where I can sometimes overreach, I guess. He's a world-class player in the making, if not right now. That's where I'm coming from.

Webb did far more than just deny us the penalty. I'm certainly not going to suggest that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game because I can't prove that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game. But we got **** all from him today and they got plenty, not only with the free kicks they should have got but also with the free kicks that we didn't get.

'Top ref' my arse.

The better team won and won convincingly again. Ref wasn't great but it made no difference.

I really couldn't give a flying f*ck if they were the better team (that anger's not directed at you btw). We were robbed consistently of clear refereeing decisions. The only thing I ask is that we are given A FAIR **** CRACK at them. THEN if "the better team won and won convincingly again" I'd have no complaints. The better teams DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN football games. But it certainly helps when they have 12 players. It was not a level playing field today and it pisses me off when I hear 'well Chelsea were better' as if that's a God-given right to get to the final. And as for people somehow trying to imply that us going 1-0 ahead early on would've ben a bad thing - well why **** go out on the pitch in the first place then? Utter shite talk.

I've not been this angry about a result in a long time - because I knew it was going to happen and I knew the MANNER in which it would happen - unfairly. And it played out exactly as I thought.

spurs completely outplayed us twice this season already........so a villa spurs final may not have been that intriuging (however you spell that)

As today proved, cup games are entirely different scenarios.

one thing i have to say is credit to Petrov today, he was our best player imo. He's been good for 2 seasons now...........but i dont think we can rely on him for next season as a starting midfielder. I would like to see him an impact sub to calm things down in midfield when needed. This summer its obvious we need a goalscorer, but also someone to command midfield with Milner(if Milner stays with us that is). If we could ship out Heskey, Sidwell, Carew and Reo-Coker for 15-20 million, and get 20 mil from Lerner..............15 million on darren bent , 5-10 mil on a young up and coming goalscorer and 15 million on a commanding midfielder please.................

Scoring twice in the last 2 minutes of a game is not indicative of a team who are tiring. It is indicative of a team who are chasing the game and taking risks. Terry was not right. Though he annoyingly had a very good game.

Terry should of been sent off though... his assault on Milner was disgusting. Nearly a leg breaker. It's not Terry who's just a dirty player, Deco and Mikel were constantly fouling out team. And don't even get me started on Chavski's 'fans'... the most pathetic fans in a league. They didn't make any noise until they scored... no doubt they won't have a problem booing at half-time next time they're losing in a game.

Why was there even 4 minutes added on?

Steve, that is not important. The game was already over. But I agree 4 min added was too much.

Your right it's just another frustration that almost every decision favoured Chelsea. There was no real reason for 4 added minutes 2 or 3 at best. 3-0 is flattering enough but I could handle 2-0 as the game was over by that point.

But why are we frustrated? Is it because the ref. failures? Or is it because we didn't finsihed the game by ourself?

I hate to say, eventhough the ref made mistakes that was not "vital" in this case. Because I really believed that we could score. Chelsea where better after 0-1 thats it, not before.

Of course missing penalty is vital, but I will focus on what we are lacking of. The main reason we didn't finish this game and C.C. final is our performance.

WE HAVE TO FOCUS ON WHAT WE CAN IMPROVE.

Scoring twice in the last 2 minutes of a game is not indicative of a team who are tiring. It is indicative of a team who are chasing the game and taking risks. Terry was not right. Though he annoyingly had a very good game.

It can also be indicative of a team that goal 1 down and are revisited by the demons of the previous game and then heads drop, energy deflates and start to crap themselves at the slightest sign of pressure, hence the Cuellor ph*k up, its that point where you just know you can't beat the man in front of you, happens in all competition in all sports.

IMO. Terry....very good CB, couldn't care less about the other stuff.

It can also be indicative of a team that goal 1 down and are revisited by the demons of the previous game and then heads drop, energy deflates and start to crap themselves at the slightest sign of pressure, hence the Cuellor ph*k up, its that point where you just know you can't beat the man in front of you, happens in all competition in all sports.

Which is why all I hoped for was a fair ref.