• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

Terry should of been sent off though... his assault on Milner was disgusting. Nearly a leg breaker. It's not Terry who's just a dirty player, Deco and Mikel were constantly fouling out team. And don't even get me started on Chavski's 'fans'... the most pathetic fans in a league. They didn't make any noise until they scored... no doubt they won't have a problem booing at half-time next time they're losing in a game.

Exactly, so many plastic fans there. I think the only other noise they made was boo Joe Cole being subbed. Terry could have broken Milner's leg today and Webb missed Deco's tackle just after. Chelsea conceded the double the amount of fouls today and only got 3 yellow cards. Webb didn't even up the game as he constantly allowed Chelsea players to get away with cynical fouls.

Why didn't he take petrov off at 1-0!?!? He could barely even run

What crap.

what crap, I was there as was at least 5/6 people around me saying the exact same thing he played very well but when they got a goal and kept breaking from midfield, they were walking past him. Oh and why heskey when we need a goal?

Apart from that I thought we were excellent until the goal. Howard web is Worse b than Dowd

It can also be indicative of a team that goal 1 down and are revisited by the demons of the previous game and then heads drop, energy deflates and start to crap themselves at the slightest sign of pressure, hence the Cuellor ph*k up, its that point where you just know you can't beat the man in front of you, happens in all competition in all sports.

Which is why all I hoped for was a fair ref.

You have my 100% agreement on that point, we all know that Villa are not the team Chelsea are, we all Know we can't bring on player like Ballack and Anelka...Its appalling sick and disastrous in a mind blowing way that a professional ref can stand a few yards away, see it, even touch it if he wanted to and not give give the penalty and consider a sending of at such an obvious blatant sickening foul. IMO

what crap, I was there as was at least 5/6 people around me saying the exact same ...

Well done for being there. Does that give more weight to your 'Petrov tires on 60 minutes' mantra than that you repeat it after virtually every game?

Yes, you don't dislike Petrov but yadda, yadda....

The other players must be deflated at the thought of Heskey coming off the bench chasing a goal. They know he just ain't going to provide it.

5 goals in 36 appearances before today. A statistic to totally sum up your point. I don't give a shit about how young he is or whether he's still learning,the Fonz has got more talent than Heskey and deserves a chance.

Webb did far more than just deny us the penalty. I'm certainly not going to suggest that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game because I can't prove that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game. But we got **** all from him today and they got plenty, not only with the free kicks they should have got but also with the free kicks that we didn't get.

'Top ref' my arse.

The better team won and won convincingly again. Ref wasn't great but it made no difference.

I really couldn't give a flying f*ck if they were the better team (that anger's not directed at you btw). We were robbed consistently of clear refereeing decisions. The only thing I ask is that we are given A FAIR **** CRACK at them. THEN if "the better team won and won convincingly again" I'd have no complaints. The better teams DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN football games. But it certainly helps when they have 12 players. It was not a level playing field today and it pisses me off when I hear 'well Chelsea were better' as if that's a God-given right to get to the final. And as for people somehow trying to imply that us going 1-0 ahead early on would've ben a bad thing - well why **** go out on the pitch in the first place then? Utter shite talk.

I've not been this angry about a result in a long time - because I knew it was going to happen and I knew the MANNER in which it would happen - unfairly. And it played out exactly as I thought.

Pretty much agrees with this. We played well enough to win, but you need the ref to stand up in games like that. Mikkel and Deco was allowed far to much and that Penalty - DON'T get me started.

I don't think you can describe Heskey as anything really, he doesn't do the job of any player. The sooner he sods off the better

I think we are coming to that point in the season where certain players have to be tagged "For Sale", lets hope we don't do anything crazy like wait for the last minute of the last day of the last week before we put any coherent plan into operation and get players in....lets do it to a plan of who we want and go and get them ffs. Then and only then hopefully we won't have to snarl at disgusting decisions, because with a bit of luck we will have already put the opposition to the sword and be a goal or 2 up.

WEMBLEY, England (AP)—Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill has accused Chelsea’s John Terry of making a “horrendous” tackle which could have ended the career of James Milner, his England teammate.

O’Neill said Terry should have been sent off for a lunging tackle which caught Milner on his lower leg just below the knee in Saturday’s FA Cup semifinal, which Chelsea won 3-0. Instead, Terry got a yellow card.

Describing the challenge as horrendous and “desperately poor,” the Villa manager said Milner was “tremendously lucky that his career was intact.” Milner was very sore but the club doctor told him he was a very, lucky player to escape serious injury.

I hope I don't see numerous references to our 'great cup runs' this season in the next few days. We've failed against the first decent sides we've faced in both cups this year. Losing twice at wembley is nothing to be proud of, it just makes us bottlers.

Yes we should have had a pen, Webb is a bald c$nt, but early pens don't win you games as proven by our last wembley defeat.

Maybe one day in my life I'll see us win at wembley.

Cuellar, Warnock, Milner and Collins were our best players today I think.

We got completely robbed with the peno decision and as others have stated with other decisions throughout the game.

We've got nothing to be embarrassed about though and life goes on. Beating Man Utd or Chelsea at Wembley when they fancy it is always, always a very tall order and if our players play well and their players play well, they'll probably win because they have better ones.

We have to accept the players simply are not good enough to compete with the best sides in the country on a consistent basis. Milner best player by a mile.

Anyone got a link for the el classico match.

We have to accept the players simply are not good enough to compete with the best sides in the country on a consistent basis. Milner best player by a mile.

To be fair, it's a **** ridiculous thing to expect us to do anyway!

To be fair, it's a **** ridiculous thing to expect us to do anyway!

Maybe, but when O Neill arrived, many fans on here thought by the time we reached 2010 we would be on that level, sadly the club isn't there yet.

We gave up again. We did it at Stamford Bridge. We did it away at Arsenal. If we are losing with two or three minutes to go, we just give up. No wonder we concede so many late goals. Pathetic.
There seemed to be little joined up movement going forward once we went be behind - less a barage of their area. It did seem like the team gave up, which is sad.

Martin O'Neill was livid after seeing two "incontestable" decisions go against Villa in their semi-final defeat to Chelsea.

The manager insists Villa should have been awarded a penalty in the first half when Gabby Agbonlahor was felled by John Obi Mikel and, as a result, he believes the midfielder should have been dismissed for denying the star striker a goalscoring opportunity.

And the Villa boss described John Terry's second half challenge on James Milner as "horrendous" and worthy of another straight red card.

The manager's anger comes just six weeks after Phil Dowd failed to dismiss Nemanja Vidic in a major moment during the Carling Cup final loss to Manchester United.

O'Neill said: "I am sitting here again, six weeks on, and talking about major incidents in the game.

"We should have had a penalty - it was clear-cut.

"The referee, who I have the utmost regard for, has chosen to ignore it because of possible consequences.

"Of course it's a goalscoring opportunity. I accept I have the benefit of seeing the replay. [Paolo] Ferreira is not going to be able to get a challenge in. Gabby is about to strike it and it's a clear sending off.

"But we didn't even get the penalty. It's a major, major decision again.

"I know there are decisions in games that we can all contest at different stages. You think 'well you were lucky with that one and unlucky with that other one.' It happens. I accept that. But these are incontestable decisions.

"Sir Alex Ferguson said a few weeks ago that he couldn't understand how, having been awarded a penalty kick, Vidic managed to stay on the pitch. He was obviously happy he did do.

"Today we didn't even get the penalty because the consequence of it all is in referee's mind. Just apply the law - apply the law. That's all I'm looking for - a bit of fair play.

"I thought it was an injustice today and an injustice six weeks ago.

"You would expect quality referees - and that's what they are - to get straightforward decisions correct."

On Terry's horror tackle, O'Neill added: "Terry's challenge is just horrendous, horrendous.

"His England team-mate James Milner is exceptionally lucky to have his career intact. It is a straight red card - and a straight red card right in front of him. It's straightforward.

"The referee is right beside it and chooses to give him a yellow card. It was a horrendous challenge.

"It's a pointless challenge but it was made and the consequence of it was that it should be a red card. It was desperately poor.

"James is very sore and very, very lucky. He has got away with it.

"His leg was in the air at the time - that helps. If you see the challenge, his knee bends in. I have just spoken to the doctor and he said he's a very lucky boy and very fortunate.

"It's an obvious red card. I don't think you need four replays. The referee doesn't have the benefit of that - I know that and I understand that. But it's straightforward. You can see it.

"And these are major decisions in games. That's what I am saying. You can get things wrong. Two people can tussle for a ball and the referee can give it one way when it should be the other. That's fine. That happens every single week.

"But these are major decisions - and incontestable. That's my point.

"Six weeks ago the referee bottled it completely against Manchester United. And we've had the same today. It's maddening obviously."

Despite the defeat, the boss revealed his pride in the team.

He added: "I was very, very proud of the team. We suffered a heavy defeat a fortnight ago against the same side and we restored our confidence in the win at Bolton.

"And here we came with a determination to win. You might think from going 7-1 to thinking we can win? I thought we could win!

"Up until they scored, there was nothing in it - absolutely nothing. I told the players at half-time I thought they'd been brilliant, really, really brilliant.

"I thought our crowd was fantastic too. Despite the disappointment, it makes it all worthwhile. I want to go and try and make a team that the crowd can be really proud of. We are trying to get there."

link