• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

I can't say that Drogba would have made a difference if he played for us - the service in from the forwards today was dismal, from Young especially. He almost certainly won't be going to the World Cup after a poor performance like that in front of Capello.

Great shout, Downing won't be going either. Milner and Warnock in with a shout though.

im sorry to break it to you, milner isnt world class, he is very good but not world class

Exactly, good player YES, hard worker YES. world class NO. A world Class player can lift the whole team when the chips are down. Think, Gerrard, Fabregas, Beckham, Messi.... and Lampard : -(

Am I supposed to accept that anyone with a Gabby avatar can identify a world-class player? I think you'll find that most world-class players, in particular those you've nominated, are surrounded by significantly stronger colleagues than what young James must work with at this club. How are you supposed to lift a team when you're passing the ball to Carew et al? This match demonstrated perfectly the glaring ineptitude of everybody but Milner, and that includes the manager. Perhaps context has skewed by view.

I can't say that Drogba would have made a difference if he played for us - the service in from the forwards today was dismal, from Young especially. He almost certainly won't be going to the World Cup after a poor performance like that in front of Capello.

I have to agree Young wasn't at his best today which is odd cos he's looked much better recently.....he bottled it again on the big stage!

Downing played much better I thought but we still looked a bit predictable. Terry & Alex did a good job on Carew & Gabby.

Thought Milner was brilliant today he'll be on the plane.

Webb did far more than just deny us the penalty. I'm certainly not going to suggest that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game because I can't prove that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game. But we got **** all from him today and they got plenty, not only with the free kicks they should have got but also with the free kicks that we didn't get.

'Top ref' my arse.

The better team won and won convincingly again. Ref wasn't great but it made no difference.

I thought Warnock was excellent today

Yep meant to give him a mention & Cuellar for the most part.

In fact first half we played really well. Petrov & Milner ran the show... like Terry said..we run out of steam after 60mins.

I thought Warnock was excellent today

Yep meant to give him a mention & Cuellar for the most part.

In fact first half we played really well. Petrov & Milner ran the show... like Terry said..we run out of steam after 60mins.

We can protest all we want but this is true. Maybe Warnock, Young and Downing were the exceptions but its true. I guess its not a coincidence that these are the players who have missed chunks of the season either through injury, illness or suspension. Young missed at least 3 weeks over xmas/ new year IIRC.

Am I supposed to accept that anyone with a Gabby avatar can identify a world-class player? I think you'll find that most world-class players, in particular those you've nominated, are surrounded by a significantly stronger colleagues than what young James must work with at this club. How are you supposed to lift a team when you're passing the ball to Carew et al? This match demonstrated perfectly the glaring ineptitude of everybody but Milner, and that includes the manager. Perhaps context has skewed by view.

so basically you are saying that milner is on par with messi and ronaldo, because they are two world class players, milner is my favourite villa player but im not gonna say he is world class when he clearly isnt, give me one occasion when he has changed the game for us on his own against a big side, world class players do this regularly on their own

We played great in first half. I really belived in my team. Defensive was great, midfield was great but like always attacking poor. We could get the ball into the box, but thats it!!

Second half, Chelsea where better team. BUT WHAT DID THE CREATE BEFORE DROGBA GOAL???? Nothing.

Like before, we have no plan B. What can our team do when the other team scores? We had no chance after Drogba goal. We had no chance after United equalizer in Carling Cup Final. WE HAVE TO FACE IT!

Nothing was happening in Chelsea penalty area.

We should have gotten penalty in first half, and the corner (when Drogba scores) was no corner.

But the ref was in general ok. We need new tactic when we are 0-1. We didn't belive we could equalize. BUT ANCELOTTI KNEW WE WOULD NEVER SCORE AFTER 1-0. Ancelotti took is best man, Drogba, off. He knew this game was finished.

Finally, I want to say thank you to Villa players. They did in general well, Milner was our best man today.

(ok Drogba was not best man in this game, but he is always important)

Before today, I thought that Webb was just about the best referee out there. Today, he got four things wrong. The penalty, Deco's persistent fouling, Obi Mikel's holding and breaking up of play, illegally, and that disgraceful tackle on Milner. These things DO make a difference in football, regardless of being beaten by a better team on the day.

Before today, I thought that Webb was just about the best referee out there. Today, he got four things wrong. The penalty, Deco's persistent fouling, Obi Mikel's holding and breaking up of play, illegally, and that disgraceful tackle on Milner. These things DO make a difference in football, regardless of being beaten by a better team on the day.

I`ll have to agree with that though. No matter our short commings it would be nice to have a fair chance with their players been punished properly for the fouls they commit

I feel bad for all our supporters who went and had to witness another shocking refereeing performance and a terrible pitch. They sung their hearts out for most of the match, Chelsea fans were silent until they scored.