• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

Don't see why he should have to defend his position.

Because if one holds a position then one is required to defend it. :?

If that logic is alien to you then that's your problem, sorry.

If he thinks Stan tires, like many including me, then thats his view. You might disagree and your perfectly entitled to it.

And I do disagree and therefore he needs to substantiate it more than just repeating his call 'Petrov tires'.

Why do you have to have a go at him because he has a different view to you. Why don't you try and counter him with you view and evidence of how he didn't tire in the last 30 and how Milner didn't have to drop in deep because Stan was dominating in there??

Well I have 'countered' his view of Petrov on a number of occasions. Petrov rushing up to try and secure a corner in the second minute of injury time in last weekend's game might have been an example, perhaps, maybe, possibly of a 'different view'.

NRC is not fit hence why he wasn't in the squad so he wasn't an option!

Didn't say he was today, my comment was meant as a general view. I thought Stan was probably our best player in the first half but had no influence second half. I don't blame him, I think MON just has to recognise that he hasn't got the engine and either needs more help in there (3 man CM) or subbing after he has run his heart out. Especially when he is up against a central three the quality of Chelski's three (or Man U or Everton on Wednesday).

Thought this was a ratings and reactions thread! I reckon NRC would struggle with Milner next to him! But lets blame Petrov even though he was our best player throughout! Don't know where all this tiredness stuff come out again as a fluke goal won it for them and they scored 2 on the break!

If he thinks Stan tires, like many including me, then thats his view.

And many others, including me, think this Stan tires after 60 minutes thing is a load of rubbish. He tires no more than almost any other player on the pitch, it's just that players will tire more towards the end of the match and will be easier to pass through.

NRC is not fit hence why he wasn't in the squad so he wasn't an option!

Didn't say he was today, my comment was meant as a general view. I thought Stan was probably our best player in the first half but had no influence second half. I don't blame him, I think MON just has to recognise that he hasn't got the engine and either needs more help in there (3 man CM) or subbing after he has run his heart out. Especially when he is up against a central three the quality of Chelski's three (or Man U or Everton on Wednesday).

Thought this was a ratings and reactions thread! I reckon NRC would struggle with Milner next to him! But lets blame Petrov even though he was our best player throughout! Don't know where all this tiredness stuff come out again as a fluke goal won it for them and they scored 2 on the break!

Agreed. Any player who played next to Milner would. Needs a 4-5-1 and I feel we should have played that today. That or Milenr back on the wing.

Don't see why he should have to defend his position.

Because if one holds a position then one is required to defend it. :?

If that logic is alien to you then that's your problem, sorry.

If he thinks Stan tires, like many including me, then thats his view. You might disagree and your perfectly entitled to it.

And I do disagree and therefore he needs to substantiate it more than just repeating his call 'Petrov tires'.

Why do you have to have a go at him because he has a different view to you. Why don't you try and counter him with you view and evidence of how he didn't tire in the last 30 and how Milner didn't have to drop in deep because Stan was dominating in there??

Well I have 'countered' his view of Petrov on a number of occasions. Petrov rushing up to try and secure a corner in the second minute of injury time in last weekend's game might have been an example, perhaps, maybe, possibly of a 'different view'.

How can I prove to you what I see unless you have recorded and watch the game back.

I'm saying the 'fact' that Petrov's legs become concrete posts on 60 minutes is an internet myth.

Does that mean that it is never the case that Stan tires late in a game? No, of course not.

So he does tire in games but not as much aspeople make out.

I read some stats on here tonight that some posted that point out we have conceeded more goals in the last 10 minutes than we have scored - I think it was 5, where pretty much throughtout the rest of the 90 minutes we have scored more than we have conceeded. Now not saying this is purely down to Petrov as its not but surely that stat tells you something. It should tell MON something.

I thought Petrov had another decent game andcame out of the game with credit, however in the last 10 mins Chelsea players were running past him and leaving him for dead because he had given his all.

How can I prove to you what I see unless you have recorded and watch the game back.

D'oh. It's not a case of 'proving' anything and I think that thinking betrays where your problem lies.

You depend upon what you specifically see as indisputable fact; it isn't.

That you 'see' x, y or z does not mean that x, y or z actually happens.

You can't 'prove' that your opinion is correct because the facts might show other wise and other people might have a different opinion of the facts compared to your opinion of the facts.

You have a view; others have a view.

One may counter your view and point out that your view stays the same often regardless of the circumstances which, sometimes, suggests that a view isn't based upon facts or what happens but upon prejudice.

Tell you what O'Neill needs to do

Stop whinging about decisions.

Shit happens, he needs to get over it. It's embarrassing. In the Daily Mail the headline is 'Terry set out to end Milner's career' or something. Just shut up and move on it happened, concentrate on your tactics and swapping Heskey for Carew between 75-82 minutes