New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

"The Fiat Salifou", sits in the garage it's whole life, and everyone can't wait to get it out on the open road. When they do it's slow, average and wholly disappointing, but as soo n as it goes back in the garage everyone loves it again!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down to Villa Park today and saw the new kit in the flesh for the first time. It's a beaut! The shorts are shit, the socks are shit, but the shirt is an absolute gem.

I wasn't keen on it at first, then I thought it looked good on the players, now I will definitely be buying one. You get free printing with any pre-ordered shirt at the shop too.

Fiat should bring out a range of cars named after Villa players:

"The Fiat Agbonlahor" 0-60 in 2 seconds before stalling for the second half of the drive.

"The Fiat Heskey" Big powerful utility truck that breaks down every time it hits a bump in the road.

"The Fiat Sidwell" Greatest getaway vehicle ever, the cops will lose track of it mere seconds after the pursuit begins.

"The Fiat Freidel" Old American muscle car.

"The Fiat Guzan" New American muscle car sadly left in the garage on race day.

"The Fiat Reo-Coker" Drives it's owner up the wall.

"The Fiat Carew" Stretched party car with added disco ball and pole.

"The Fiat Ashley" Takes corners well and comes with Wi-Fi and cameras as standard.

etcetera....

The Fiat Collins: Boxy and unremarkable from the outside, but once you've driven it, you discover solid handling and stopping.

The Fiat Downing: frustrating to drive the first 6 months after you replace a flat, but class at points.

The Fiat Sidwell: Available in only orange, it flies up and down the roads, but has a tendency to overdrive its destinations and fly right into opposing traffic.

Went down to Villa Park today and saw the new kit in the flesh for the first time. It's a beaut! The shorts are shit, the socks are shit, but the shirt is an absolute gem.

I wasn't keen on it at first, then I thought it looked good on the players, now I will definitely be buying one. You get free printing with any pre-ordered shirt at the shop too.

Is this working on the website too? I tried preordering the home shirt the other night but as the free name and numbering didn't seem to be working out as free I thought I'll give my money to Sports Direct.

Did you happen to notice if any of the training gear has the 'FxPro' sponsor on them?

I remember when we played Inter a few years back and they were flogging the newly announced nike gear.

I like some of the training gear but would prefer buying with the logo

Just thinking about this, the money that ForEx are paying us is much, much more than the money we're ever going to make through selling shirts. We'd be better off this season than last even if we weren't going to make the shirts available for sale at all.

I guess when you think of it that way, for the club, the fact that the delay has happened and annoys us is a small price to pay for the commercial benefit of having a sponsor pay the right amount no matter when the side issue of selling shirts begins.

Did you happen to notice if any of the training gear has the 'FxPro' sponsor on them?

I remember when we played Inter a few years back and they were flogging the newly announced nike gear.

I like some of the training gear but would prefer buying with the logo

As someone said, I didn't see any of the training gear with logos on at all. They had quite a big range of training stuff as well. More than previous seasons I thought.

I think they were putting more stuff out when I was there, where the kits are supposed to be...I reckons it could have been leisure wear and the like.

Just thinking about this, the money that ForEx are paying us is much, much more than the money we're ever going to make through selling shirts. We'd be better off this season than last even if we weren't going to make the shirts available for sale at all.

I guess when you think of it that way, for the club, the fact that the delay has happened and annoys us is a small price to pay for the commercial benefit of having a sponsor pay the right amount no matter when the side issue of selling shirts begins.

We've had words before about you talking sense and not letting your emotions get the better of you. Don't let it happen again :)

was in the club shop aswell on tuesday, new home top is a real beauty in the flesh, away is also alot better although im still not keen on it.

what did annoy me was that now the new season is about to start and only weeks before the new one is out last years home top is on 'sale' at £36, what a joke!

also, no fxpro logos on any of the training gear.

was in the club shop aswell on tuesday, new home top is a real beauty in the flesh, away is also alot better although im still not keen on it.

what did annoy me was that now the new season is about to start and only weeks before the new one is out last years home top is on 'sale' at £36, what a joke!

also, no fxpro logos on any of the training gear.

I'd actually prefer the training gear without the sponsor.

You're not wrong. We will get between 10 and 20 quid per shirt. Even if we miss out on 100,000 sales we're talking a small percentage of the sponsorship.

Yes, Nike have a standard Tony the Tiger template for their goalkeepers. When we played Bohs, one young fella had a United keepers top on. I thought for a second he'd somehow bought one of ours til I saw the big stupid sponsor on it.

Â