Scientific Experiment V2 #9 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

At the end of the day, you said I was talking rubbish, but the cold hard fact is that our wage bill is £10m higher than Spurs, as I've proved. The admin staff from both clubs wouldn't make the tiniest spec of a difference to that. You're just not man enough to admit you were wrong. Sad.

We are a club run on a more or less American model. Given the tendency of American management to pay itself more, it's not out of the question that Villa's administrative pay (especially given the posts that our executive corps held prior to the Villa) is 10m a year more than Spurs.

Well none of the directors are paid by the club, and I can't think of anybody else that high powered. The Financial Controller's job was advertised a while ago, which would be one of the best paid jobs at the club, and that was only £80K a year.

edit: even if the Villa admin team were paid £10m between them (which they won't), the Spurs admin set up would all have to work for nowt for the football wages to even be the same.

At the end of the day, you said I was talking rubbish, but the cold hard fact is that our wage bill is £10m higher than Spurs, as I've proved. The admin staff from both clubs wouldn't make the tiniest spec of a difference to that. You're just not man enough to admit you were wrong. Sad.

We are a club run on a more or less American model. Given the tendency of American management to pay itself more, it's not out of the question that Villa's administrative pay (especially given the posts that our executive corps held prior to the Villa) is 10m a year more than Spurs.

Well none of the directors are paid by the club, and I can't think of anybody else that high powered. The Financial Controller's job was advertised a while ago, which would be one of the best paid jobs at the club, and that was only £80K a year.

edit: even if the Villa admin team were paid £10m between them (which they won't), the Spurs admin set up would all have to work for nowt for the football wages to even be the same.

Risso, do you actually go to Villa Park? That is not having a go if you do not- but I am just interested...?

Dispite what you are saying about randy I truley believe that once the fans turn against the manager then it really wont be long before he goes . I think one more season will show us if martin is the manager to take us the next step or not .

can't vute - as the poll is too black and white.

I am not sure he is now the right man to take us forward. I think his ideas of (lack of) squad rotation are outdated, and we seem to have stalled in comparison with our competitors.

However, he is clearly an intelligent man, and one would hope he can identify the areas where both he and the team/squad need to improve.

So, i don't think it's the end of the road either, at this point.

For me, he gets next season. 5 years is time aplenty if we appear to have stalled. Let's hope he can push on next season, and learn from the last 2.

I agree with giving him next season. I still think we're doing better this season than we were last season at the moment and perhaps next season MON will start rotating players and installing that killer instinct into them.

perhaps next season MON will start rotating players and installing that killer instinct into them.

that'd be nice Mantis. Given his history though, it seems unlikely.

he's been here for 4 years, spent a lot of money, and yet does not rotate in any meaningful sense.

I just don't get it.

Still, i live in hope that the penny will drop at some point, so i'm happy sticking with him at this point ....

And the current percentage of votes against MON is what is wrong with our club. Too many fans expect too much, too quickly. You can't just go from just missing out on relegation to top 4, while being outspent by your nearest rivals, it's just not realistic to expect.

How many different teams have finished 4th since the champions league money really started to make a difference?

We can't demand to get there when we are competing with the richest club in the world and a team who have had years and years of champions league football along with being able to attract better players than us.

We need to be in the challenge for 4th place and although we might not make it that's what we've done this season.

Randy is not going to sack MON because he's not stupid and i'm sure he wasn't expecting a 4th place finish at this stage. The only thing that will push him will be the fans at the games but apart from the complaining about subs against wolves most of the time they seem to be right behind him.

I agree with giving him next season. I still think we're doing better this season than we were last season at the moment and perhaps next season MON will start rotating players and installing that killer instinct into them.

Agree with this to be honest. He has earned at the very least another season to try to push us on. However, if we get nowhere next season then MON's time may well be up. He needs to use the summer wisely to get in the right players.

We also have to look at the fact that there aren't many better managers out there. Only ones I can think of (that are better or equal to MON) would be: Mourinho, Moyes, Ferguson, Wenger and Hodgeson. Would any of them come to Villa? I doubt it.

It would be very difficult to replace MON. Despite all of his faults he is still a very good manager. I'm just still not convinced that he can take us forward though. He will need to show more ambition during the transfer window and he will need to learn how to rotate if we are to move forward.

I voted for him to stay, but I can certainly understand his doubters. And I'm starting to doubt he'll be here next season, but in that case it'll be mostly his own decision. I think he starts to feel the pressure. Wether it's a good or bad thing depends on the next manager. And I certainly don't want it to be Redknob.

I think that come the end of the season will be the time to pass judgement.

I dont understand though why fans suddenly think that MON will rotate his squad better next season - he has never done it so why will he do it next?

I voted for him to stay, but I can certainly understand his doubters. And I'm starting to doubt he'll be here next season, but in that case it'll be mostly his own decision.

I pretty much concur with Pelle except that I rather suspect he will walk in the summer rather than just being doubtful about him staying.

Not sure the "we were on the brink of relegation" excuse can be used for too much longer to be honest as that was almost 5 years ago.

I may as well say, we were league champions and now look at us

He can still take us forward but it will take another huge amount of money

And that's why I think Randy will get rid. He isn't going to want to see his money being wasted indefinitely.