Scientific Experiment V2 #9 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

I did say the "sack MON brigade" would start to gather steam if we didn't win tonight.

As for me, a couple of draws aren't going to make me think differently of him - I still think he is a really good manager and can take us forward.

Personally I don't see the point in not having such a focus on being entertained, because it is a game after all and us as fans deserve to be entertaiend.

It's sad that football has become such a results driven buisness more than anything, and as such people lose touch with what makes a football club and that is the fans.

When I had a season ticket standing on the Holte as a 14 year old and it worked out to about £5 a ticket, I enjoyed the football for what it is - just a game. Now it costs well over £30 a game, I want some value for my money, not to be bored rigid each week.

If no trophy or top 4 place by the end of NEXT season then my viewpoint will start to change very rapidly

Thi is part of the problem, in my opinion.

To expect a trophy or top 4 at any point is pushing it. That should be the aim, sure, but to expect it? Just silly, in my opinion. Football doesn't revolve around Villa, there's another 4 sides competing with us for that 4th place and then plenty of good sides competing for trophies. To expect improvement year on year is ridiculous.

What's the point in supporting the club? and buying a season ticket?

I think you answered your 2nd question with your 1st question.

I buy my season ticket to support the club. I'm not going to throw a hissy fit just because we don't improve every year, it's a bit silly to expect that.

What do you expect from the club?

There's very little enjoyment to be had from watching O'Neill's Villa. Sterile, one dimensional predictable football, and for the second year running, when he really needs to earn his money and the plaudits, his lack of bottle and tactical nous have let us down again.

So much for our "easier" run in, 1 win and 3 draws from games against Stoke, Wigan, Wolves and Sunderland is absolutely pathetic. For a so called motivational expert, O'Neill's doing an impressive impression of not being to able to lift the team at all. Can't wait for the day when he's not our manager any more, when hopefully we'll get a decent coach and not somebody whose sole contribution appears to be jumping up and down in the technical area.

When I had a season ticket standing on the Holte as a 14 year old and it worked out to about £5 a ticket, I enjoyed the football for what it is - just a game. Now it costs well over £30 a game, I want some value for my money, not to be bored rigid each week.
Even though we drew today I certainly wasn't bored watching it.

For a so called motivational expert, O'Neill's doing an impressive impression of not being to able to lift the team at all.
I see you're forgetting Reading there.

What is your problem with MON anyway? He's certainly not perfect but you make out as if he's the worst manager in the league.

Start of the season if you offered me an FA Cup Semi and a League Cup final and to be still in the hunt for 4th place with as many games are left to go, I'd have been delighted. It's been a good season no matter what else happens. Anything else is a bonus. It's an improvement on last season without doubt.

So it's a yes from me

Even though we drew today I certainly wasn't bored watching it.

Then you're a lucky man. Personally, I thought that 2nd half was Sunday parks stuff - and I can watch that for free.

So he had 90% of the fan's approval a month ago, but losing one game out the last 6 has caused it to go to 50/50.

kneejerk.gif

I think people are beginning to see his flaws; tactically naive and his team don't possess any composure with the ball.

Guest Ricardomeister

Not especially happy with him and I still think he has taken us as far as he can but I would give him next season and review where we are after 5 seasons as manager.

So he had 90% of the fan's approval a month ago, but losing one game out the last 6 has caused it to go to 50/50.

It's nothing to do with losing one game. We may be "unbeaten in 2010", but that's **** all use when you draw games against shite like Stoke, Wolves and Sunderland.

There's very little enjoyment to be had from watching O'Neill's Villa. Sterile, one dimensional predictable football, and for the second year running, when he really needs to earn his money and the plaudits, his lack of bottle and tactical nous have let us down again.

So much for our "easier" run in, 1 win and 3 draws from games against Stoke, Wigan, Wolves and Sunderland is absolutely pathetic. For a so called motivational expert, O'Neill's doing an impressive impression of not being to able to lift the team at all. Can't wait for the day when he's not our manager any more, when hopefully we'll get a decent coach and not somebody whose sole contribution appears to be jumping up and down in the technical area.

Spot on!

We can't lift ourselves when we should.

I'm seriously considering not getting a season ticket next year - i know we can't win every game, but I want us to at least TRY to! Home form has been pap for 2 years.

The football is attrocious and he should go.

It's nothing to do with losing one game. We may be "unbeaten in 2010", but that's **** all use when you draw games against shite like Stoke, Wolves and Sunderland.

But that's not how the season is decided is it. You can't just pick out individual games like that. Spurs lost at home to Stoke and Wolves, I suppose they're wank then?

If no trophy or top 4 place by the end of NEXT season then my viewpoint will start to change very rapidly

Thi is part of the problem, in my opinion.

To expect a trophy or top 4 at any point is pushing it. That should be the aim, sure, but to expect it? Just silly, in my opinion. Football doesn't revolve around Villa, there's another 4 sides competing with us for that 4th place and then plenty of good sides competing for trophies. To expect improvement year on year is ridiculous.

I did not actually say i EXPECTED to us to win a trophy.. i said my viewpoint would start to change if we still hadn't either achieved 4th OR won a trophy by the end of next season. That does not actually mean i am EXPECTING us to win anything!

I believe that the investment Randy Lerner has made since he came SHOULD bear some fruit at some point yes ... & indeed it has already which is fantastic. :P

We were however told that there was a 5 year plan of which the end of next season would be the end. I believe that this could well have been affected by the "Man City" phenomenon of course but if there is not the desired progress by that time then surely we have to start asking questions as to what needs to be done? That does not necessarily mean Sacking anybody either just that the plan hadn't worked in some way & would need looking at & things changing maybe. That could mean a change in anything ... The team, manager's tactics, squad rotation policy, youth policy, purchasing or refusal to purchase big names policy or whatever else!?

But that's not how the season is decided is it. You can't just pick out individual games like that. Spurs lost at home to Stoke and Wolves, I suppose they're wank then?

I'm a big MON fan but the difference is they've seemed to turn it on when it mattered so far...

Timing of the poll doesn't help. Tomorrow/couple of days time would see a different result. Maybe not massively different but it'd probably be mildly more in MON's favour. The natural reaction when pissed off is to lash out the hate, this is an example.

imo of course.