Scientific Experiment V2 #9 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

Jermaine Defoe and Eidhur Gudjohsonn cost between them a total of anywhere between 9.5m and 15m depending on what you believe about the Defoe transfer.

Heskey and Harewood cost 7m

Which has been the better outlay.

It's very easy to pick and choose individuals. What about what we paid for Milner in comparison to what they paid for Bentley? What about Friedel vs Gomes or Dunne vs Bassong?

Didnt EG say something about brum being shite and pompey is furthest defoe will ever get from london, bent wouldnt have been auto 1st choice, I still think we are close to being a great team, no better manager would come here anyway so still in MON I trust but if CC stays at RB till the end of the season that might change

I voted 'yes' as I believe getting rid of a manager whilst a season is under way is something you only do if you really have too.

However, I stated in the first one of these polls back in August last year, that I needed to see that MON had the ability to get the team playing good football and that he had more than 'plan A' tactic-wise in order that I could believe he has the skills to move us on. At the moment I remain unconvinced.

I personally think we will get knocked out of the FA Cup by Chelsea and will finish 8th in the league... it will be interesting to see how Randy, and MON himself, reacts to this.

Nobody expects 4th FFS.

What we do expect is to try something else when something clearly isn't working

this

while we'd all like 4th, we dont EXPECT it. what we EXPECT is to try our best for it from the players to the manager, and that includes not just sticking to the same thing over and over and over and over again

Nobody expects 4th FFS.

this

while we'd all like 4th, we dont EXPECT it. what we EXPECT is to try our best for it from the players to the manager, and that includes not just sticking to the same thing over and over and over and over again

If people don't expect it then why does everyone talk like finishing outside the top 4 would be a failure as a season then?

What's not working? We haven't been winning loads of games but not losing games has kept us in the challenge for 4th place.

I doubt had we tried a few things on here, lost more games and were sitting behind everton with blues catching us that many would be saying well it's been a good season and at least MON tried a few different things.

MON wants to challenge for 4th spot, just because we aren't in 4th spot at this exact moment doesn't mean it's not working. We are still in the race.

Spurs are in 4th spot at the moment but it doesn't mean they will stay there and it also doesn't mean that Harry is a failure and should have tried different things if they end up 5th or 6th.

Nobody expects 4th FFS.

this

If people don't expect it then why does everyone talk like finishing outside the top 4 would be a failure as a season then?

What's not working? We haven't been winning loads of games but not losing games has kept us in the challenge for 4th place.

I doubt had we tried a few things on here, lost more games and were sitting behind everton with blues catching us that many would be saying well it's been a good season and at least MON tried a few different things.

MON wants to challenge for 4th spot, just because we aren't in 4th spot at this exact moment doesn't mean it's not working. We are still in the race.

Spurs are in 4th spot at the moment but it doesn't mean they will stay there and it also doesn't mean that Harry is a failure and should have tried different things if they end up 5th or 6th.

we havent been winning loads of games though have we. we've won 3 league games this year. so whats not working is that we cant break teams down to turn draws into wins. yet we dont actually try anything different to fix it. same thing every week, which would be fine if it was working

harry does change things though

Nobody expects 4th FFS.

this

I suspect its just that it feels very much like last season repeated again - the football hasn't improved, we look like trailing off at the important end of the season, players look tired and it looks like Everton will come past us again. Lessons haven't been learnt from last year and I think that is frustrating alot of people.

We haven't been winning loads but we don't lose and those points are keeping us in the race.

I keeps reading how MON is failing and how he should do this and that as though changing things always guarantees a win which is ridiculous.

What if after a couple of draws we changed things and lost 2 or 3 in a row? Changing and trying new things doesn't guarantee a positive effect.

It's like the wolves game, people talk about the fonz coming on and us scoring two goals and winning the game but no one would would contemplate the scenario that the fonz comes on and we don't even draw the game.

We are in the race for 4th as we are really hard to beat and even when behind we can come back. Yes things could be improved in scoring goals but changing the team and formation doesn't guarantee we improve goig forward and stay as good at the back.

I think he'll walk.

He would have to be a complete fool to walk. He can shape a team here and has the full backing of the board. Not sure where else he would have it as good.

That I agree with, but would you stick in a job where your work isn't appreciated?

Better to judge at the end up the season but there is a definite feel of frustration in the air and you can't help but feel we are hitting our heads against a ceiling at the minute.

I think he'll walk.

He would have to be a complete fool to walk. He can shape a team here and has the full backing of the board. Not sure where else he would have it as good.

That I agree with, but would you stick in a job where your work isn't appreciated?

Better to judge at the end up the season but there is a definite feel of frustration in the air and you can't help but feel we are hitting our heads against a ceiling at the minute.

To be honest I think it's just a small minority who don't appreciate him. We still carry on chanting his name week in week out.

What if after a couple of draws we changed things and lost 2 or 3 in a row? Changing and trying new things doesn't guarantee a positive effect.

thats bull in fairness

of course it doesnt guarantee anything, but if what youre doing isnt working you dont just keep doing it for the sake of it

Despite being frustrated with recent results and team selection, I still think he's the right man for the job.

O'Neill needs a big summer though, we need to sign some quality, especially upfront. We need to be able to compete both domestically and in europe next term aswell, so the side needs some work.

Yes - but this 'big summer' isn't going to happen. The big summer IMO was the one before last - we waited. waited, and then we signed Harewood !

Why would he wait until his 5th year - for a big summer - if it was going to happen it would have happened by now.