Scientific Experiment V2 #9 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

He was just saying about being stubborn, not about the football they play.

I know. My point was you can be as stubborn if you like if you're as good as Wenger. When you're as average as O'Neill, a bit of flexibility in one's approach would be a good thing.

MON will win more than he will loose. to me his shortcomings are:-

inability to sign a decent striker

Loyalty to certain players, when they are not producing - ie Petrov, Heskey

Will yesterdays drubbing make him see this ? - thats a tough one

Last season it was his inability to sign a decent defender. Until yesterday we had the best defence in the league. I'm pretty sure once he's signed a half-decent striker he'll then be unable to buy a decent right-winger/defensive-midfielder-who-can-pass/ball boy.

He was just saying about being stubborn, not about the football they play.

I know. My point was you can be as stubborn if you like if you're as good as Wenger. When you're as average as O'Neill, a bit of flexibility in one's approach would be a good thing.

Why can you be stubborn if your like Wenger?

They haven't won anything since 2005 have they?

If you believe O'Neill is failing in his job at breaking the top 4, then surely Wenger is failing at his job by not winning anything or the Premiership?

Wenger's stubborness could arguably have cost Arsenal again this year when he didn't sign a striker basically saying that Bendtner is good enough.

No, i'm not saying they are equal managers, Wenger is alot better, however just arguing the point that it doesn't matter that Wenger is stubborn when for Arsenal fans, it does!!

Wenger has won the league, the FA Cup, and got to the final of the Champions League. O'Neill has never finished above 6th in the Premier League. Bit of a difference.

Wenger has won the league, the FA Cup, and got to the final of the Champions League. O'Neill has never finished above 6th in the Premier League. Bit of a difference.

Moyes, Hodgson, Redknapp, these 3 brilliant managers that get mentioned regularly for being alot better than O'Neill have won less trophies than O'Neill in the English game.

I've already said Wenger is far better than O'Neill but for the standard Wenger is trying to achieve, he keeps failing doesn't he? He is regularly being out-done by a better manager and yet he's still too stubborn to try anything different.

Your first point was that it doesn't matter that Wenger is stubborn, but of course it does when your aiming for the title and trophies and haven't won any for 5 years.

Moyes, Hodgson, Redknapp, these 3 brilliant managers that get mentioned regularly for being alot better than O'Neill have won less trophies than O'Neill in the English game.

I've already said Wenger is far better than O'Neill but for the standard Wenger is trying to achieve, he keeps failing doesn't he? He is regularly being out-done by a better manager and yet he's still too stubborn to try anything different.

Your first point was that it doesn't matter that Wenger is stubborn, but of course it does when your aiming for the title and trophies and haven't won any for 5 years.

Well if we apply your standard argument to Arsenal, they've spent a lot less than Chelsea and Man U, so should be 3rd by default.

Well if we apply your standard argument to Arsenal, they've spent a lot less than Chelsea and Man U, so should be 3rd by default.

Yes, I wouldn't expect them to win the league. I'm applying your logic thought that O'Neill is failing in some way because I'd guess we're not 4th. Therefore if Wenger doesn't finish 1st, according to your logic, that'd be failure and again no progress.