Scientific Experiment V2 #9 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

So he had 90% of the fan's approval a month ago, but losing one game out the last 6 has caused it to go to 50/50.

It's nothing to do with losing one game. We may be "unbeaten in 2010", but that's **** all use when you draw games against shite like Stoke, Wolves and Sunderland.

But that's not how the season is decided is it. You can't just pick out individual games like that. Spurs lost at home to Stoke and Wolves, I suppose they're wank then?

Of course not, but you can review and judge MON's persistent bottling when it comes to crunch time.

But that's not how the season is decided is it. You can't just pick out individual games like that. Spurs lost at home to Stoke and Wolves, I suppose they're wank then?

The league table clearly shows that Spurs are better than us. But then, they have the better manager, so I suppose that's to be expected.

The league table clearly shows that Spurs are better than us. But then, they have the better manager, so I suppose that's to be expected.

They have the better manager? :lol:

Please explain.

Please explain.

I've always thought it too. I don't like to admit it but he seems to be able to produce really attractive footballing sides and Tottenham are getting the results now too.

These polls only seem to appear after we've had a bad result which is a bit unfair. At least wait until people calm down a bit from the match so they can answer this with a clear head.

Please explain.

I've always thought it too. I don't like to admit it but he seems to be able to produce really attractive footballing sides and Tottenham are getting the results now too.

Attractive football means nothing though. MON won trophies with shit sides, Redknapp has won 1 major trophy and it took him financially crippling a club to do so. There's quite a few managers I'd rather have.

A Young, Delph, Milner, Young Bard, Fonz, Gabby are (hopefully) the future of Villa. Breaking into the top few places in this division was always going to be very hard, give it more time with a manager who has passion and an eye for young talent. We have waited a long time to challenge at the top- I just feel that we will get there faster by keeping MON than getting rid of him.

If you get rid of a manager then you need to have a better one to replace him otherwise you shoot yourself in the foot. Right now I do not think we could find a better manager. And I really think a long term manager in place like MON will be a good thing. We are going to wembley at least twice this season, Spurs are the only team with a gap between us and 4th and their run in is not good for them.

Whatever we all think we will have MON in charge until the end of this season so lets get behind the team, keep negativity away from the match, and not lose faith, if we do can we blame the players if they do?

We might yet win the FA Cup and finish in the top 4. Not many clubs can say that. UTV

Please explain.

Redknapp's been at Spurs less than half the time O'Neill's been at Villa, and they now play better football, win more games and look far more likely to break the top 4 than we do. His transfers have been better as well, and he's kept the wage bill there much lower than Villa's, he also doesn't whine like a little bitch about his own team's fans in the press.

Redknapp's been at Spurs less than half the time O'Neill's been at Villa, and they now play better football, win more games and look far more likely to break the top 4 than we do. His transfers have been better as well, and he's kept the wage bill there much lower than Villa's, he also doesn't whine like a little bitch about his own team's fans in the press.

Spurs wage bill lower than ours? Yeah, now I know you're talking rubbish.

Attractive football means nothing though. MON won trophies with shit sides, Redknapp has won 1 major trophy and it took him financially crippling a club to do so. There's quite a few managers I'd rather have.

I've said it elsewhere and a million times in the past, but I do care about attractive football. If we don't have a realistic chance of winning the league, which we don't, I'd rather see us attempt some quality football and lose 3-2 and hold out for a 1-0 borefest.

On the note of who's won things, what has MON won in England that Harry hasn't?

I've voted MON out all this season - Last season strill riles me - I think we blew it spectacularly in transfer window Jan 2009, and ever since then I struggle to get fully behgind him.

The end of last season was appalling - purely because we didn't make any chnages and didn't react to what was wrong... ommission of NRC either fromk the start in some games or off the bench on others.

Then on to this season, making the same mistakes, we're so predictable, get knocked out of EUFA cup at first hurdle. It's now 4 years and £100m later and his best side consists of a centre back at right back, a left midfielder on right wing. We have his squad his players yet he still can't pick a balcned team and doesn't have any alternatiove plans - he has a squad at his disposal and doesn't use them .

I was about to say that- Spurs wage bill is surely higher than ours?!

Go and check the Villa accounts, then check the Spurs ones, and when you're suitably embarrassed, come back and admit you're wrong, and apologise.

These polls only seem to appear after we've had a bad result which is a bit unfair.

These polls have appeared monthly since September at around the same time of the month (give or take a day and, possibly, taking into account Gringo's level of sobriety on any particular day :D). The preceding result will not have had any bearing upon the timing.

On the note of who's won things, what has MON won in England that Harry hasn't?

MON won trophies at Leicester, a club he took over in the Championship, and then became one of Celtics most successful ever managers when he took the job when Rangers had won 12 of the previous 13 titles.

Harry, despite managing in English football longer than MON, only has 1 trophy to show for it. As I said before, he needed to financially cripple a club to do that.

Redknapp is a decent manager, no doubt, but he's always spent more money than his club could afford and isn't as good as MON.

You're as ill informed as kurt. £10m less as it happens, and a much smaller percentage of their turnover.

Despite being frustrated with recent results and team selection, I still think he's the right man for the job.

I don't think we'll make the fourth and the CL, season is tailing off poorly as it did last year. Europe has been a none event this year which is probably a good thing as I doubt we'd have been able to cope with the extra games.

O'Neill needs a big summer though, we need to sign some quality, especially upfront. We need to be able to compete both domestically and in europe next term aswell, so the side needs some work.

Sounds exactly what was being said last season. Big Summer. Needs to look at using his squad. His style of play. Tactics etc...

The guy hasn't learnt a thing I think. still thinks it's 1994. Good cup runs but frankly to lose to the teams we've played (manure apart) would've been a disgrace. And even then we've struggle against a few of the lower league teams. I want the guy to be a success, of course. But I think he cannot, or doesn't have the fire in his belly anymore, to take us much further.

You're as ill informed as kurt. £10m less as it happens, and a much smaller percentage of their turnover.

Don't believe it for a second. If you have a credible link to backup what you have to say then I shall more than happily admit that I am wrong.

I'll say the same as usual. I'll back MON 100% for as long as he is our manager. He has both brilliant things about him and awful things about him. He has made us a better team than we have been in years though. At the same time I'm not sure if MON will be able to make us a top four side. Time will tell.